After fiddling, how come they missed the holiday money & Note7 debacle & CES to bring it to market in the dead zone?
    01-09-17 12:39 PM
    After fiddling, how come they missed the holiday money & Note7 debacle & CES to bring it to market in the dead zone?
    Because it's not ready? The huge deal with TCL was not finalised until not long ago.
    01-09-17 01:21 PM
    TCL must be in the driver's seat in this pairing... if BlackBerry had any say, they wudd'a leaned on'em to have a finished prototype & take pre-orders at the big show...
    01-09-17 01:33 PM
    TCL must be in the driver's seat in this pairing... if BlackBerry had any say, they wudd'a leaned on'em to have a finished prototype & take pre-orders at the big show...
    That's the intention. BlackBerry has absolutely nothing to do with devices now. They just supply software.
    01-09-17 01:35 PM
    That's the intention. BlackBerry has absolutely nothing to do with devices now. They just supply software.
    I get it. TCL makes some Walmart level pay-go phones that friends say are poor. Are the DTEKs out now any good? Will the screen dimensions of the Mercury be a detriment? What will happen to the exposed PKB in pocket? Is the thing assumed never to ride commando? Will there be a case with window functionality like Priv? Are there any efforts to make BlackBerry carryovers (Note, Hub, FileMgr, etc) not cumbersome-ware nor vaporware? Do they actually intrend to sell any to anyone other than BlackBerry fanboys? (Hese questions are intended to stimulate some discussion here, since CES didn't. This from a BlackBerry useer on 2nd device (PP&Priv)...
    01-09-17 01:47 PM
    I get it. TCL makes some Walmart level pay-go phones that friends say are poor. Are the DTEKs out now any good? Will the screen dimensions of the Mercury be a detriment? What will happen to the exposed PKB in pocket? Is the thing assumed never to ride commando? Will there be a case with window functionality like Priv? Are there any efforts to make BlackBerry carryovers (Note, Hub, FileMgr, etc) not cumbersome-ware nor vaporware? Do they actually intrend to sell any to anyone other than BlackBerry fanboys? (Hese questions are intended to stimulate some discussion here, since CES didn't. This from a BlackBerry useer on 2nd device (PP&Priv)...
    All I will say is that the DTEK60 is the best BlackBerry device I've ever owned.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-09-17 01:58 PM
    Well, after having the dissatisfaction of using a Samsung A3, I can safely say that I don't want an android. Not now, not ever. So after the Passport has its support ended I'll just have to go with Apple. Its been a long run Blackberry, but you failed BB10, and not the other way round.
    01-09-17 02:54 PM
    Well, after having the dissatisfaction of using a Samsung A3, I can safely say that I don't want an android. Not now, not ever. So after the Passport has its support ended I'll just have to go with Apple. Its been a long run Blackberry, but you failed BB10, and not the other way round.
    Hell of a model to start with. With Samsung's crap piled on top of budget parts it's no wonder that happened.

Like swearing off of BB10 after using only a Q5.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-09-17 03:58 PM
    I would say, give the BlackBerry android a go. It's a really nice stripped down, secure version of android. I recently tried an S7 for 2 weeks and found it unbearable. My Dtek50 and Dtek60 are much nicer devices to use. Like night and day! So give it a shot before going to the Dark Side with a fruit product. The only apple I'll ever own sits in bowls in my kitchen and are delicious.
    01-09-17 04:35 PM
    You realize that not only is the hardware not ready, but neither is the software. So you're saying they should have released a buggy phone? Yep, that would make waves alright. Too bad it would be bad ones that would hurt the brand further...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-09-17 05:53 PM
    What will happen to the exposed PKB in pocket?
    Um, I don't know, what happens to the exposed pkb in any other phone with an exposed pkb like the old BB's, Q10, Q5, Classic, Passport, etc.??

01-09-17 05:55 PM
    You realize that not only is the hardware not ready, but neither is the software. So you're saying they should have released a buggy phone? Yep, that would make waves alright. Too bad it would be bad ones that would hurt the brand further...

They did it with the Z10 - why change now?
    howarmat likes this.
    01-09-17 05:57 PM
    They did it with the Z10 - why change now?
    Lol. Hopefully TCL won't repeat BB's mistakes...

01-09-17 06:29 PM
    Lol. Hopefully TCL won't repeat BB's mistakes...

I'm afraid TCL makes the Hardware & the software will be BlackBerry & never the twain shall meet...
    01-09-17 08:08 PM
    You guys whine so much... the Mercury will be released in March

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-10-17 01:51 AM
    Please go and read the first sentence of cnet.com hands on with the mercury
    01-10-17 03:24 AM
    I'm also disappointed in the design with the flat chrome top - it feels out of place. I wish they had gone with a jet black or gun metal finish.
    100% agree.
    01-10-17 12:20 PM
    Please go and read the first sentence of cnet.com hands on with the mercury
    Looks like a porche wannabe...
    01-10-17 01:48 PM
    I really like the look of the phone. I just recently bought a Dtek50 to replace my Q10. I do remember that wait for the Q10 and it was a long one. I hope this does not drag out too long. I would certainly consider a switch to the Mercury and making my 50 a backup device just to get that keyboard back but I was not willing to wait for a change like I did with the Q10. Who knows if and when Bell will ever get this phone.
    01-10-17 10:12 PM
    Speaking of.. I really wanted that white version Priv, thinking it was going to be all Blackberry. I hyped everyone up at the LCBO including customers and executives that walked into my store. Really a major let down. My cousins who were once into Blackberry's felt good too, but they went over to Apple.
    01-20-17 03:50 AM
    Hideously ugly with that silver up at the top to make it two tone. I was certain they would realize that and go with all black or all silver. Zero taste for the designers. Oh well...
    FWIW, I like the silver top.
    01-20-17 02:53 PM
    As do I. I think it looks great.
    01-20-17 10:14 PM
    I like it too, a lot, but I like even more a PRIV-like top, that is a classic BlackBerry one. It's like with the Passport SE: it's beautiful, but the black one sold more units for sure. Now, take it with a grain of salt, but it seems like a redditor (a T-Mobile employee), caught a black Mercury in the wild. Let's wait and see. Unless TCL wants to get rid of the "old BlackBerry design": admittedly, a black version without that Passport SE-like top, would look strange without the BlackBerry logo.
    Last edited by Power Mac; 01-21-17 at 06:04 AM.
    01-21-17 05:53 AM
    Looks special to me, ...and sure will attract attention

BUT what I really missed with all those hands on videos on youtube - just once put a PP or a Dtek beside it, to be able to get some comparison...

...seems strange nobody did that...

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 09:34 AM
149 ... 456