I used Blackberry since device number one. After all the years and going through at least 8-10 pkb devices, I hated the pkb on the Priv so I now use the DTEK60. Love it. But I am SO tired of seeing errors in messages that I've sent out, either from horribly inaccurate auto-correct or simply typing errors. Almost every email has an error. Unreal. I'm ready to jump off a bridge (not quite).

I presume that I speak for many people with this plea: I am desperate for this frigging Mercury, but please Blackberry make sure the pkb is far better with larger keys than that of the Priv. I beg you!!
    pooyam likes this.
    02-07-17 09:24 AM
    If you are indeed a professor, I'm wondering why you wouldn't take the time to proofread your message to ensure that what you want to convey is clear. Just saying.

Auto-correct on the BlackBerry was pretty decent in my opinion. I can't speak for the other devices, but have read a number of horror stories (and been recipient of a few) from iPhone users. It is very easy to blame the device, but I think most of the typos or auto-corrects mishaps should be blamed on the user.

Hope you will be satisfied with the Mercury, but in terms of physical keyboards, your options are quite limited.
    menshawy and WT44 like this.
    02-07-17 09:30 AM
    I feel your pain. IMO, the overall point is that regardless of where/how in the message composition process it's done, the avoidance/correction of errors inherent to a vkb means that the same message with the same number of errors can be composed on a pkb with less time and energy required.
    02-07-17 10:04 AM
    Well, you know what I always say about auto-correct. What's that? Lol.

I agree, I couldn't stand making and leaving typos in my communications...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-07-17 10:48 AM
    I used Blackberry since device number one. After all the years and going through at least 8-10 pkb devices, I hated the pkb on the Priv so I now use the DTEK60. Love it. But I am SO tired of seeing errors in messages that I've sent out, either from horribly inaccurate auto-correct or simply typing errors. Almost every email has an error. Unreal. I'm ready to jump off a bridge (not quite).

I presume that I speak for many people with this plea: I am desperate for this frigging Mercury, but please Blackberry make sure the pkb is far better with larger keys than that of the Priv. I beg you!!
    Exactly my experience.
    Horrible typos all the time on z10. Solved one the day one when moved to passport

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 12:45 PM
    Personally I can't stand autocorrect. If you know how to spell, all autocorrect seems to be good for is introducing mistakes...and slow me down by substituting words I never intended to use in the first place.
    02-07-17 03:06 PM
    If you are indeed a professor, I'm wondering why you wouldn't take the time to proofread your message to ensure that what you want to convey is clear. Just saying.

Auto-correct on the BlackBerry was pretty decent in my opinion. I can't speak for the other devices, but have read a number of horror stories (and been recipient of a few) from iPhone users. It is very easy to blame the device, but I think most of the typos or auto-corrects mishaps should be blamed on the user.

Hope you will be satisfied with the Mercury, but in terms of physical keyboards, your options are quite limited.
    I guess you didn't learn reading comprehension. I will help you:

Paragraph 1: introduction and background leading up to current situation
    Paragraph 2: conclusion of the post including bottom line point about upcoming Mercury

I suggest you go back and try again now.
    02-08-17 07:43 AM
    Well, I hope you are not, in fact, a professor... such a thin skin man...

I guess you didn't learn reading comprehension. I will help you:

Paragraph 1: introduction and background leading up to current situation
    Paragraph 2: conclusion of the post including bottom line point about upcoming Mercury

I suggest you go back and try again now.
    02-08-17 08:24 AM
    Personally I can't stand autocorrect. If you know how to spell, all autocorrect seems to be good for is introducing mistakes...and slow me down by substituting words I never intended to use in the first place.
    That's how I perceive it as well. That's why I turn all of it off in my Classic.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-17 08:52 AM
    Well, I hope you are not, in fact, a professor... such a thin skin man...
    I was thinking the same thing. Take it easy. Just poking some fun at you since your profile suggests professor. And since professors are teaching our future leaders, you would expect them to convey accurate information. You likely expect that from your students. I'm sure you are looking at what they submit and critically review it to ensure they are free of errors (typos and grammatical errors) and that they articulate their thoughts clearly.
    02-08-17 09:09 AM
    I think he's trying to state that's he's tired of having to go back and fix these errors and autocorrections. I may be wrong but he's hoping for a bigger, physical keyboard to prevent having to do extra work and correcting these errors.

People are sure getting snippy on here lately.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 09:18 AM
    Absolutely concur

Posted with my  Classic
    02-08-17 02:50 PM
    Weird, I never had typos on the Z series. BlackBerry did a really good job there. I wouldn't have been able to go two years on a VKB if it wasn't the way it was.

Posted via CB10
    zensen likes this.
    02-08-17 05:49 PM
    Weird, I never had typos on the Z series. BlackBerry did a really good job there. I wouldn't have been able to go two years on a VKB if it wasn't the way it was.

Posted via CB10
    This is true. My Z30 was not a problem. When I bought the Priv and then the DTEK60 I noticed a very different experience. Anyway, I hope that the pkb on the Merc is great.
    02-08-17 06:44 PM
    I have the same issues, but with the Q10--double typing. I am just riding it out until I upgrade. It's very annoying, from one prof to another

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 06:50 PM
    Exactly my experience.
    Horrible typos all the time on z10. Solved one the day one when moved to passport

Posted via CB10
    Was THAT typed on the Passport, cos . . . erm, I think it's broken, dude?
    02-08-17 08:24 PM
    Did you not like the keyboard on the PRIV or the size of the phone while typing on the PKB? I absolutely love the PRIV PKB (use 99% of the time) and I don't think the Mercury keyboard is going to be much bigger.
    02-08-17 09:55 PM
    Did you not like the keyboard on the PRIV or the size of the phone while typing on the PKB? I absolutely love the PRIV PKB (use 99% of the time) and I don't think the Mercury keyboard is going to be much bigger.
    For me, I did not like the Priv keyboard. The keys were too small and I think too close together... or something else was wrong but that pkb was so bad I used the vkb more than 90% of the time. Since that phone had other problems too, like hearing up so much it essentially would turn off, I bought the DTEK60. Way faster, smoother, better in every way. And I wasn't using the Priv's pkb anyway so I had no reason to stick with it.
    02-08-17 10:32 PM
    Get the Passport SE, OP. Your problem will solve. The Mercury's PKB is more or less of the same width with the Priv.
    The Classic is probably the most fitting, since you said you came from BBOS devices.
    Both PKBs are the best in the business. Guaranteed.

On the other hand, I actually have no problem churning out pages of error-free translations and articles with the VKB of the Z30.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 02-08-17 at 11:17 PM.
    02-08-17 10:47 PM
    This is true. My Z30 was not a problem. When I bought the Priv and then the DTEK60 I noticed a very different experience. Anyway, I hope that the pkb on the Merc is great.
    Now you have me concerned, as I was planning to move from the Z30 to the DTEK60. After years of a PKB, I've grown pretty happy with the Z30 VKB--is the DTEK60 a step down? (Yet another professor here...)
    gregt12 likes this.
    02-08-17 11:43 PM
    Now you have me concerned, as I was planning to move from the Z30 to the DTEK60. After years of a PKB, I've grown pretty happy with the Z30 VKB--is the DTEK60 a step down? (Yet another professor here...)
    It's the same keyboard, just on a bigger screen. It doesn't have the white version with automatic switching between background depending on apps, but the flicking is still there. Added benefit - you can use other keyboards if you aren't satisfied.
    02-08-17 11:47 PM
    I forget how good voice text is. It'll help
    02-09-17 12:14 AM
    It's the same keyboard, just on a bigger screen. It doesn't have the white version with automatic switching between background depending on apps, but the flicking is still there. Added benefit - you can use other keyboards if you aren't satisfied.
    The android BlackBerry vkb is different than the BB10 in a way that the android version cannot use two languages at once for word suggestions and auto correct. You have to manually switch every single time.
    02-09-17 03:09 AM
    (1) you got spoiled by 9900.
    (2) VKB need to learn your typing behavior. you should slow down and teach it by correct the spelling every time you type for 1st two or three week. it will learn to correct typo after that. warning, it might grow on you... predict what you want to say... (make sure you don't mess up "like" vs "love" and send it to the wrong party. it can not predict who is the intended party...). look like you already messed VKB learning process by all the typos without correction... it might take longer to learn now... Just like a student taught by bad prof. and showed up at your door. you might need to un-do all the bad lesson of your own doing...
    02-09-17 05:13 AM
    I would say the Mercury keyboard will be easier to use than the Priv's PKB, firstly because its flush with the surface (while the Priv's is recessed), and secondly because it's nearer the center of balance (the Priv's is further than most, from the center of balance).
    02-09-17 05:32 AM
48 12