I never realized how superficial many potential Blackberry customers are until reading all these frivolous complaints about the Mercury.

If you want to look cool, trendy or pretty, Blackberry is not the phone you should be looking at.

I fully hope TCL ignores the whiners; create Mercury with pure business vision, blazing anti-wait multitasking, uncompromising functionality, top tier security and comprehensive feature sets.
    xs27 likes this.
    01-06-17 09:17 PM
    VeryBumpy I am inclined to agree with you. It is hard to imagine even bothering to write on this forum about all the things that they want TCL to include. TCL have clearly stated it will be geared to the "enterprise" market. I think that market is very profitable and TCL's focus needs to be on what enterprise consumers must have to buy this phone. Likely the functional nature of the phone will appeal to many of us pkb fans as well, but forget bringing on board the trendy gamers etc. I'll be curious to see if the RCMP gravitate toward this phone. Right now many are using the Classic, but also carry iphones.
    01-08-17 11:56 AM
    What phone should one use to "look cool, trendy or pretty"?
    01-08-17 05:31 PM
    What phone should one use to "look cool, trendy or pretty"?
    It would seem one would need an iPhone 7, which looks almost just like an iPhone 6, which just looked almost like an iPhone 5, and so forth and so on. Gold in color. 128 GB. Lol
    01-08-17 06:13 PM
    When we holidayed in Hawaii, it was the Samsung. Mobs of teenage tourists from Japan with their Samsungs taking selfies non stop. I was fascinated watching them. I would look over their shoulders on the city bus and see their photos. Very impressive I must say--almost like professional photographers had done them. They were big spenders going in the designer stores in Honolulu and loading up on very expensive watches, purses, clothes etc. I would say they were "cool, trendy, and pretty". The girls were some of the prettiest I have seen. I never saw one of them with an iphone or brand other than Samsung.
    01-08-17 06:23 PM
    When we holidayed in Hawaii, it was the Samsung. Mobs of teenage tourists from Japan with their Samsungs taking selfies non stop. I was fascinated watching them. I would look over their shoulders on the city bus and see their photos. Very impressive I must say--almost like professional photographers had done them. They were big spenders going in the designer stores in Honolulu and loading up on very expensive watches, purses, clothes etc. I would say they were "cool, trendy, and pretty". The girls were some of the prettiest I have seen. I never saw one of them with an iphone or brand other than Samsung.
    Yah, they looked impressive on a 6" screen...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    01-08-17 06:45 PM
    I guess I'm a boring guy but I have an iPhone 7 and DTEK60... I feel cooler with my DTEK than iPhone. Just because it is different.
    01-09-17 05:33 PM
    I never realized how superficial many potential Blackberry customers are until reading all these frivolous complaints about the Mercury.

If you want to look cool, trendy or pretty, Blackberry is not the phone you should be looking at.

I fully hope TCL ignores the whiners; create Mercury with pure business vision, blazing anti-wait multitasking, uncompromising functionality, top tier security and comprehensive feature sets.
    You just spoke my mind. It's amazingly stupid how toxic some of the people are here with their ridiculous demands.
    "Screen too small"
    "Phone too thick and heavy"
    "Processor not good enough"
    "Boo hoo color not to my liking"
    Partly why I stayed away from this forum for a while anyway 😐😐
    While the Priv didn't work out for me, I didn't make an essay on how it sucked, I just went for another phone instead. But now I'm willing to give TCL a try with Mercury and seeing all the negative posts sure annoys me a bit.
    01-09-17 08:13 PM
    I agree, I have been a CrackBerry member for quite some time and I feel the complaining has gotten worse over the last few years. Don't lose faith in these forums though, I still have great conversations here and use it whenever I have an issue I can't figure out on my PRIV.

I found if you don't respond nor give the whiners any discussion they fizzle out quite quickly.
    01-09-17 08:23 PM

I do look cool with my Prib and PPSE!
    01-09-17 08:34 PM
    One cannot look uncool with a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) and megafan2000 like this.
    01-10-17 12:08 AM
    I would say it's not about looking trendy, but looking boring. I think the thing is that BlackBerry people WANT to look boring, it's TOO trendy now. Odd angles and asymmetric design queues on the Merc make it look different from what BlackBerry users are used to.

As for the negativity; at this point, I believe people are attempting to satiate their desire for the phone by talking about it all they can before it comes out. It's not just about being negative, it's about being vocal. They don't want their excitement to dissipate so they're willing to nit pick and pin point all the problems or possible problems the phone could have just to talk about it.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 01-10-17 at 06:45 AM.
    01-10-17 12:30 AM
    I would say it's not about looking trendy, but looking boring. I think the thing is that BlackBerry people WANT to look boring, it's TOO trendy now. Odd angles and asymmetric design queues on the Merc make it look different from what BlackBerry users are used to.

As for the negativity; at this point, I believe people are attempting to satiate their desire for the phone by talking about it all they can before it comes out. It's not just about being negative, it's about being vocal. They don't want their excitement to dissipate so they're willing to nit pick and pin point all the problems or possible problems the phone could have just to talk about it.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to look trendy or boring. I simply use whatever phone suits my needs the best regardless of how it "looks" to random other people whose opinions don't matter to me in the slightest...

01-10-17 09:27 AM
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to look trendy or boring. I simply use whatever phone suits my needs the best regardless of how it "looks" to random other people whose opinions don't matter to me in the slightest...

Well, yeah. That's why I think the ones who are complaining about it will still be buying it because it's the only phone that fits the PKB requirement.

Now that I think about it, that's the other reason people are complaining. People that want a PKB have literally one choice, so of course there will be complainers. People that like slabs have way more choices. If a phone doesn't suit their style or spec requirements there are plenty of other choices with slightly different looks or better specs. The Merc? Nothing else, so you better like it.
    01-10-17 03:43 PM
    Well, yeah. That's why I think the ones who are complaining about it will still be buying it because it's the only phone that fits the PKB requirement.

Now that I think about it, that's the other reason people are complaining. People that want a PKB have literally one choice, so of course there will be complainers. People that like slabs have way more choices. If a phone doesn't suit their style or spec requirements there are plenty of other choices with slightly different looks or better specs. The Merc? Nothing else, so you better like it.
    And that's exactly what the corporations want. Easier and cheaper to develop for if everyone has the same phone...

01-10-17 05:48 PM
    It's no different on other forums. Go check out android central and look at all the moaning there. Is it silly? Yep but cb ain't alone. Toxicity for everyone
    01-10-17 05:54 PM