This phone really has the potential to bring BlackBerry back into the hardware game if BlackBerry doesn't make any past mistakes!
    1. Specs: Most of the DTEK50 reviews I read everyone complained about the performance. Well while the target audience won't be buying this phone to play Pok�mon Go, but BlackBerry should make sure the handset performs with good speed and doesn't have over time. As long as they can get the performance right then whether they use the 625 or 652 it won't matter.
    2. Price: They can't afford to and shouldn't price it more than $449! (same as the classic) might push it to $499 but doubt that would be a good move with 3GB Ram and 625.
    They should try to rebuild with this device and then come back next year with a more premium one when people will ready to stretch to $549 even
    3. Marketing: Well it's sorta self explanatory but they have to market this device decently! Not expecting an Apple or Samsung kind of budget, but people should be made aware that BlackBerry has come out with a PKB phone that runs android, has good cameras and even biometrics

Why I think this device can succeed even when the Priv didn't with the PKB and all the Specs is Simple. This phone will be cheaper than the Priv, will have a better PKB (the true BlackBerry one), and will not be as huge as the Priv. Not to mention have a better front cam (Unfortunately, it is important these days for many)
    All in all it could tick all the boxes that the Priv couldn't and get BlackBerry back in the game. Please don't screw this one up BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    TheAmazingHarold likes this.
    09-27-16 05:29 AM
    If BlackBerry Android Passport style release will be even better!
    09-27-16 05:39 AM
    Thats why BlackBerry takes a little more time. To make it the ultimate android pkb smartphone that will conquer the industry!!!
    09-27-16 06:30 AM
    If BlackBerry Android Passport style release will be even better!
    BlackBerry probably needs a more conventional design at this point.
    The Passport might not appeal to a very large audience outside the loyal BlackBerry fans.
    Plus there is also the whole issue of Android not supporting 1:1 ratio
    Maybe once they get a foothold on the market they could come out with an Android Passport! (They should)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 07:23 AM
    Thats why BlackBerry takes a little more time. To make it the ultimate android pkb smartphone that will conquer the industry!!!
    We are all hoping so, but a little more time can be a little too late given the circumstances unfortunately.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 07:24 AM
    You can't conquer anything with an Android running on SD625. I'm sorry.
    09-27-16 08:09 AM
    By the way, since BlackBerry is expressing their software side, I am expecting a gallery app, a messenger app, a music player (not necessary for me though) and a more polished look. I mean hub widget has sharp edges. Was it that hard to chamfer them? Aesthetics are important no matter what.
    09-27-16 08:12 AM
    Well the DTEK50 is with even a lower processor
    Again the target audience isn't going to play heavy games on their phones so if they price the phone accordingly and it does the basic tasks with ease I wouldn't worry too much about the processor

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-27-16 09:15 AM
    By the way, since BlackBerry is expressing their software side, I am expecting a gallery app, a messenger app, a music player (not necessary for me though) and a more polished look. I mean hub widget has sharp edges. Was it that hard to chamfer them? Aesthetics are important no matter what.
    Absolutely! I would totally want them to release all their media apps with keyboard shortcuts (Including the File Manager)
    My reason being I'd rather not share my files with 3rd Party apps and Google
    Aesthetics are important but don't think BlackBerry is concentrating on that part so much and they rightly shouldn't (Just yet)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 09:19 AM
    By the way: still love the Q10. My wife's daily driver.
    09-27-16 09:24 AM
    By the way: still love the Q10. My wife's daily driver.
    Only a matter of time before it doesn't do the deal anymore (unless your wife only relies on call, mails, and texts)
    Q10 is a very sexy phone, perfect size and that perfect keyboard but reality is harsh

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 09:31 AM
    U mad?
    SD652 is
    It's same as SD810 on performance wise.
    It's better than 820 on price/performance ratio

To be honest, you would not notice ANY difference on the performance on daily phone usage.

625 is new, better chip than 652

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 09:35 AM
    Well the DTEK50 is with even a lower processor
    Again the target audience isn't going to play heavy games on their phones so if they price the phone accordingly and it does the basic tasks with ease I wouldn't worry too much about the processor

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    But if you are trying to conquer you have to be on par with specs on paper. I suggest One Plus 3 specced PKB.

By the way I forgot, BlackBerry should definitely create their own browser too with all the shortcuts and word suggestion.
    09-27-16 11:21 AM
    U mad?
    SD652 is
    It's same as SD810 on performance wise.
    It's better than 820 on price/performance ratio

To be honest, you would not notice ANY difference on the performance on daily phone usage.

625 is new, better chip than 652

Posted via CB10
    You should correct your info about SD625 being better than SD652. Than we can discuss.

By the way, there you go.
    09-27-16 11:22 AM
    But if you are trying to conquer you have to be on par with specs on paper. I suggest One Plus 3 specced PKB.

By the way I forgot, BlackBerry should definitely create their own browser too with all the shortcuts and word suggestion.
    BlackBerry cannot do a 1+3
    If BlackBerry was to make a phone speced as the 1+3, it would end being the same price as the Priv which would again be a failure.
    Also BlackBerry's security at the Hardware level (Pin ejected Chips) already makes it more expensive.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-27-16 11:29 AM
    You should correct your info about SD625 being better than SD652. Than we can discuss.
    How bad is the 625 compared to the 652?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 11:29 AM
    Also BlackBerry's security at the Hardware level (Pin ejected Chips) already makes it more expensive.
    To date I'm still skeptical about that claim. Hope someone will do a teardown of a DTEK50 and an Idol 4 and actually show that said chip.
    09-27-16 11:33 AM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I have been using Android for a respectable time. Better SoC keeps you safe on every update. Things start to get ugly after a year with Android so you should have a respectable SoC. Things get worse after every major update for inferior chips. Check out the video.
    09-27-16 11:35 AM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    625 is octa A53, 652 is quad A53, quad A72. So in higher loads 652 will run faster.

Daily use, not that much.

To put in perspective, 808 in the Priv is dual A57 and quad A53.
    09-27-16 11:41 AM
    BlackBerry cannot do a 1+3
    If BlackBerry was to make a phone speced as the 1+3, it would end being the same price as the Priv which would again be a failure.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I don't agree with you on that one. SD820 will be discounted by the time the pkb will make rounds. Moreover, 1+3 does not sell in huuuuuge (trump way) numbers.

By the way I still wonder why Priv is considered expensive? Only thing Blackberry chose wrong was the SoC and front camera. All Sony, Samsung, HTC or LG (V10) costs the same.
    There is this illusion. The problem with the priv was not its price. It was the timing. They should have waited SD820 and made sure the device was optimised. I mean Priv was bad at first software wise but after the updates it is pretty decent. BlackBerry made a bad decision with the 808. Qualcomm just f**ked up that year with 808-810 SoCs.
    If the Priv had none quality issues like Sony or Samsung (after S6) and had a SD820 700 $ was not that much of an issue.
    09-27-16 11:42 AM
    I have been using Android for a respectable time. Better SoC keeps you safe on every update. Things start to get ugly after a year with Android so you should have a respectable SoC. Things get worse after every major update for inferior chips. Check out the video.
    That applies if you are referring to Mediatek and Samsung Exynos. Generally within Qualcomm you're (relatively) safe. Update still more depend on the OEM than the chip.
    09-27-16 11:43 AM
    Not going to happen. This is going to be another BlackBerry, not too many people care enough for the brand these days. It won't make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 11:47 AM
    I don't agree with you on that one. SD820 will be discounted by the time the pkb will make rounds. Moreover, 1+3 does not sell in huuuuuge (trump way) numbers.

By the way I still wonder why Priv is considered expensive? Only thing Blackberry chose wrong was the SoC and front camera. All Sony, Samsung, HTC or LG (V10) costs the same.
    There is this illusion. The problem with the priv was not its price. It was the timing. They should have waited SD820 and made sure the device was optimised. I mean Priv was bad at first software wise but after the updates it is pretty decent. BlackBerry made a bad decision with the 808. Qualcomm just f**ked up that year with 808-810 SoCs.
    If the Priv had none quality issues like Sony or Samsung (after S6) and had a SD820 700 $ was not that much of an issue.
    1+3 is selling more devices than BlackBerry. Plus it's parent company is Oppo, which means it is procuring parts in great volume and hence economies of scale. BlackBerry doesn't have that.
    Although the 820 will be outdated, BlackBerry still couldn't put make it with a competitive price.
    The Priv was overpriced for the initial software experience, the camera, the clicky back, overheating and the processor. Even the CEO agrees sir!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 11:55 AM
    Not going to happen. This is going to be another BlackBerry, not too many people care enough for the brand these days. It won't make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. BlackBerry could be the option for people trying to separate themselves from the herd. But they should give something considerable.

Instead of the priv, they should have gone with a flagship PKB. But damage is done. .
    09-27-16 11:57 AM
    1+3 is selling more devices than BlackBerry. Plus it's parent company is Oppo, which means it is procuring parts in great volume and hence economies of scale. BlackBerry doesn't have that.
    Although the 820 will be outdated, BlackBerry still couldn't put make it with a competitive price.
    The Priv was overpriced for the initial software experience, the camera, the clicky back, overheating and the processor. Even the CEO agrees sir!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I'm sorry but that CEO is so out of hardware game. He said the Priv ran Google. I do not respect Chen in any way about smartphones. He is a CFO. I believe a chief should be enthusiastic about products. Should own all the rival phones etc.

Priv's camera is pretty decent. Front cam not so much but keyboard makes up for it.

Overheating and the processor are the same things.

I don't think BlackBerry paid less for bad build quality.

Priv has good specs. But the problem was the timing .
    09-27-16 12:03 PM
66 123