I wonder how video will be rendered on that screen? Hold the phone landscape and use most of the screen, I hope; or hold it portrait style and use a little sliver of screen, a la Passport.
    01-11-17 11:57 AM
    I wonder how video will be rendered on that screen? Hold the phone landscape and use most of the screen, I hope; or hold it portrait style and use a little sliver of screen, a la Passport.
    There is no difference when holding the Passport screen in a horizontal mode since it is square.

When watching a standard 16:9 video on the Mercury's 3:2 screen in horizontal mode, the video won't fill the full height of the screen unless you zoom in a bit using a video player app like VLC.
    01-11-17 06:23 PM
    There is no difference when holding the Passport screen in a horizontal mode since it is square.

When watching a standard 16:9 video on the Mercury's 3:2 screen in horizontal mode, the video won't fill the full height of the screen unless you zoom in a bit using a video player app like VLC.
    Ah, "filling" the screen at the expense of part of the image. Reminds me of people who actually bought movies in "fullscreen" format before widescreen tv's...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-11-17 08:19 PM

I meant the Passport only uses a small part of the available screen, not that it only does so when turned horizontal. This was one of the things I didn't like about the Passport.

My question is how much of the screen will be used on the Mercury when viewing horizontal? How big will the image actually be?
    01-12-17 11:12 AM
    I meant the Passport only uses a small part of the available screen, not that it only does so when turned horizontal. This was one of the things I didn't like about the Passport.

My question is how much of the screen will be used on the Mercury when viewing horizontal? How big will the image actually be?
    Probably as big as the Classic's screen, so smaller than Passport, much smaller.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 02:56 PM
    As I mentioned above, when watching a video it will automatically used the full width of the screen. If there is a bit of unused space at the top and bottom of the screen, you may or may not have the option of zooming in a bit to use the full height as well, depending on the app that is being used.
    01-12-17 05:13 PM
106 ... 345