Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 106
Like Tree27Likes
  1. HaberNik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Roland Quandt's hands on with the Mercury

    This was a really good detailed look and commentary. Very positive I think. He was willing to list specs based on previous leaks.



    Posted via CB10

    Hey mods, can you fix the last name in my title? Should be Roland Quandt
  2. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    20,355 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,804 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaberNik View Post
    Hey mods, can you fix the last name in my title? Should be Roland Quandt
    For future reference, you can report your post and ask for these things to be done. Just because you ask in a post, doesn't mean a mod is always going to see it.
  3. consv93's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  

    Default

    I'm surprised they allowed him, after all the leaks he made. Great video.
  4. BB-JAM215's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,529 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  

    Default

    I noticed Roland referred to the screen size as 4.5 inches, but according to his own screenshot calculations it works out to be about 4.6 inches.
  5. JOHNGAETANO's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  

    Default

    Agree, good review. Certainly looks nice.
  6. HaberNik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    For future reference, you can report your post and ask for these things to be done. Just because you ask in a post, doesn't mean a mod is always going to see it.
    Thanks Bla1ze, I had faith in these guys though

    Posted via CB10
  7. HaberNik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consv93 View Post
    I'm surprised they allowed him, after all the leaks he made. Great video.
    I would think they may appreciate his help in the hype machine in this case maybe?

    Posted via CB10
  8. HaberNik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    596 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB-JAM215 View Post
    I noticed Roland referred to the screen size as 4.5 inches, but according to his own screenshot calculations it works out to be about 4.6 inches.
    But will we argue over a tenth of an inch?

    Posted via CB10
  9. aramasyn's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  

    Default

    I have a bad feeling that it is bulky and the keyboard feels cheap
  10. H4zN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,821 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaberNik View Post
    But will we argue over a tenth of an inch?

    Posted via CB10
    Most certainly as this is CrackBerry.

    Posted via CB10
    fkornre, kbrant64 and aecgda like this.
  11. H4zN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,821 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aramasyn View Post
    I have a bad feeling that it is bulky and the keyboard feels cheap
    It is bulky enough to sport a battery big enough to get us through are busy working day during which we do eeeeeeeverything with our mobile phones and so uncle google can mine our data at every cheap keyboard press.

    Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
  12. stanfordprof's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  

    Default

    To me the most important comment by far: "(the keyboard) is a bit bigger than the Priv 's"

    In the beginning of the video. He seemed very positive about the pkb which of course is the sole reason to buy the device.
  13. bicyclexpress's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  

    Default

    I think the device looks, for the most part, gorgeous. I really love the area around the camera on the back. It also looks like it could feel solid and nice to hold in the hand. I am pretty darn stoked!

    Posted via CB10
    BigFlyingDragon and aecgda like this.
  14. twopack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclexpress View Post
    I think the device looks, for the most part, gorgeous. I really love the area around the camera on the back. It also looks like it could feel solid and nice to hold in the hand. I am pretty darn stoked!

    Posted via CB10
    Same here, stoked to get this device

     ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
  15. kputock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    604 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  

    Default

    This is a good video. You get a much better feel for the 3D form of the device. Surprisingly it reminds me a lot more of the Passport SE than I expected. Hope they went with real metallic finishes everywhere this time.
  16. aecgda's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  

    Default

    Looks the opposite to me. Seems an excellent design.
  17. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    20,355 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,804 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consv93 View Post
    I'm surprised they allowed him, after all the leaks he made. Great video.
    If they stopped everyone who reported leaks, there would be no one reporting it lol
    Jrox74 likes this.
  18. ezubeBB2013's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  

    Default

    Can you disable the fingerprint scanner if there is one?

    Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
  19. conite's Avatar

    Posts
    16,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,433 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezubeBB2013 View Post
    Can you disable the fingerprint scanner if there is one?

    Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Just don't use it. Use a PIN or picture password instead.
  20. Ronindan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,606 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  

    Default

    Why are people putting too much importance on a bunch of hands-on on videos?? The video is not a review - it is nothing more that 2-3 minute video quickly talking about a phone, so that it can be quickly posted on youtube. It is like asking for my aunt to go to a carrier store and asking her to quickly tell me about a phone that she can only touch & examine in 2-3 minutes.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 01-09-17 at 07:30 AM.
  21. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    17,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,940 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conite View Post
    Just don't use it. Use a PIN or picture password instead.
    If picture password is there.
  22. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    17,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,940 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronindan View Post
    Why are people putting too much importance on a bunch of hands on videos?? This is not a review - it is nothing more that 2-3 minute video quickly talking about a phone so that it can be quickly posted on youtube. It is like asking for my aunt to go to a carrier store and asking her to quickly tell me about a phone that she can only touch & examine in 2-3 minutes.
    Because this is the only meat being thrown to the dogs until MWC.
  23. conite's Avatar

    Posts
    16,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,433 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thurask View Post
    If picture password is there.
    True enough.
  24. IndianTiwari's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,540 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaberNik View Post
    This was a really good detailed look and commentary. Very positive I think. He was willing to list specs based on previous leaks.



    Posted via CB10

    Hey mods, can you fix the last name in my title? Should be Roland Quandt
    EXcellent review.
  25. KemKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,653 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,656 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanfordprof View Post
    To me the most important comment by far: "(the keyboard) is a bit bigger than the Priv 's"

    In the beginning of the video. He seemed very positive about the pkb which of course is the sole reason to buy the device.
    The physical keyboard is the only reason I am getting it.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Posting Pictures to a BBM Channel Via the share button
    By Jonathank in forum Discover BBM Channels
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-17, 10:47 AM
  2. Mercury only to be released in early March 2017
    By aespix in forum BlackBerry Mercury
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-09-17, 08:34 AM
  3. help with Facebook using the new snap app
    By thekidshop in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-17, 04:51 AM
  4. Is it possible to emulate linux on passport?
    By Miriotuken in forum BlackBerry Passport
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 11:44 PM
  5. Top 3 things you like about Mercury
    By keypad in forum BlackBerry Mercury
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions