Ok so we all have seen what the new mercury looks like and in my opinion it should be called BlackBerry Passport 2.0. It does look sexy although I will not leave my Priv for it only if it has a big battery. If after it comes out it has better battery life than the Priv I will buy it. What do you guys think the specs it will have? I would guess they only fitted a 3000mAh battery inside of it even though it looks quite thick.
    01-04-17 07:05 PM
    I'm using a Priv now and i think ill be buying the mercury, it's more of a classic blackberry look and hopefully feel my Priv is great but the build quality seems flimsy at times the mercury looks solid
    01-04-17 07:48 PM
    A big battery is great unless the phone weighs like a brick.
    01-04-17 07:50 PM
    I am using a Priv now and will also be getting a Mercury. I had a passport se prior to the Priv and I really miss the the form factor with the PKB always in reach.

Mercury seems like the closest thing we'll ever get to a Passport 2 running Android. I'm all in.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 07:52 PM
    I am using a Priv now and will also be getting a Mercury. I had a passport se prior to the Priv and I really miss the the form factor with the PKB always in reach.

Mercury seems like the closest thing we'll ever get to a Passport 2 running Android. I'm all in.
    Me too. I am using the priv right now and its simply the best and most underrated phone ever made. My only complaint with the priv is that it has less battery life than my previous passort. And I love battery life. Even if it weighs like a brick
    tnewton3 likes this.
    01-04-17 08:26 PM
    Me too. I am using the priv right now and its simply the best and most underrated phone ever made. My only complaint with the priv is that it has less battery life than my previous passort. And I love battery life. Even if it weighs like a brick
    The Priv was laggy and underpowered for me (despite numerous wipes). I ended up getting the LG V20 and it's much much improved - subscribed to the hub suite. Would love to get the Mercury but worried about the same lag.
    01-04-17 08:32 PM
    I've been using the PRIV since launch on Verizon and absolutely love the phone. Battery life of course could be better but otherwise I could run this guy for another year or two easy.
    01-04-17 08:50 PM
    Ok so we all have seen what the new mercury looks like and in my opinion it should be called BlackBerry Passport 2.0. It does look sexy although I will not leave my Priv for it only if it has a big battery. If after it comes out it has better battery life than the Priv I will buy it. What do you guys think the specs it will have? I would guess they only fitted a 3000mAh battery inside of it even though it looks quite thick.
    DTEK60 has a smaller battery yet has far better battery life than Priv. It's not even close. Just keep that in mind. The 600 series processor that's rumoured to be in this device should help battery life also. This thing should be a power house in the battery life department.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 08:51 PM
    DTEK60 has a smaller battery yet has far better battery life than Priv. It's not even close. Just keep that in mind. The 600 series processor that's rumoured to be in this device should help battery life also. This thing should be a power house in the battery life department.
    I didn't know the dtek60 has better battery life than the Priv. I am going to look into that.
    01-05-17 03:39 AM
    I didn't know the dtek60 has better battery life than the Priv. I am going to look into that.
    From my personal experience with both devices, it's night and day.
    01-06-17 12:17 AM
    When will it come out? It's like q10 but with android app! That's best, doesn't matter which carrier retail price I want o buy now, when?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 01:51 AM
    Finally someone compared the size of the Mercury with the PRIV. I REALLY like it. It's smaller width will help handling the device one handed.

Looking forward to buy it!

From Priv to Mercury-priv-mercury.jpg
    From Priv to Mercury-priv-mercury2.jpg

01-06-17 05:15 AM
    I'd love to get the Mercury, but I love my Priv way too much. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping this phone as long as it keeps working
    01-06-17 06:17 AM
    Nah... Oh hell no... No way... on the Mercury or Press device. I don't like the black bar with the three buttons (Triangle, Circle and Square) on. Are the three buttons virtual or physical to press on with fingers? Either way is not beautiful to see on the display.

It's confirmed that the display on that TLC smartphone device is really too compact and small.

Also what I'm thinking is when I watch a streaming video online or offline with the device. Eventually I'll see two black bars (one on above and one on below) with the video quality in the middle on normal and full screen mode. Even If the device has the ability to rotate the display. The result will be the same.

I don't like it and therefore I'll stick with my ultimate smartphone device - the Priv..

Bacause I like the bar (with the three buttons I mentioned) transparant and the rotation to full screen mode by watching a on- or offline streaming video with quality must be whole with no visable black bars around it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 07:11 AM
    Dont like that top silver, so distracts from the phone. Hope they change it. Was gonna get Priv today but now am wondering if I should wait for Mercury
    01-06-17 08:47 AM
    Dont like that top silver, so distracts from the phone. Hope they change it. Was gonna get Priv today but now am wondering if I should wait for Mercury
    Yes. I agree that is a really bad look. Odd to have design people put forth something like that. Just one more example of very poor execution. For what reason the phone isn't all black, or even all silver like the Passport, is a mystery. Unbelievable. It looks the opposite of slick or cool or sleek. A true clunker.
    01-06-17 09:32 AM
    Man, I was a bit skeptical of the size, but it's looking pretty manageable.

It would just be absolutely perfect if they got rid of the hardware home/back/menu buttons to make it ever so shorter. (not gonna happen of course)
    01-06-17 10:00 AM
    So much whining about petty stupid things that do not affect how the phone would perform...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    VeryBumpy and Barbareren like this.
    01-06-17 07:17 PM
    One thing I hate is the lack of Blackberry logo on the front. Even though it is not important after having used various devices that have it it becomes a unique feature of the phone. I also hope they offer multiple color choices for this phone like they did with passport and older phones. Come on blackberry dont mess this up. This might be the device that saves the brand after all
    01-06-17 07:31 PM
    The Mercury looks great, but I'm not sure what I would gain coming from my Priv.

The Priv has the best of both worlds, big screen and BlackBerry keyboard. The Priv gets me through the day and is fast.

Remember, the Priv will be upgraded to Nougat, so the battery life and performance should improve significantly.

I'm going to stick with the Priv until it dies. Then the Mercury will be a good replacement.
    Adriannick27 likes this.
    01-06-17 07:40 PM
    So much whining about petty stupid things that do not affect how the phone would perform...

I'm not worried about the 625 or 3 gigs of ram. As a BB10 user, I'm not a super power user. Emails, texting, multiple messaging apps (that I can't get on bb10) , browsing, calendar. I know that it will work just fine for that.

So now I'm going to nitpick now all I want, because what else will I do? Just wait? Pffft. Waiting is for suckers.
    01-06-17 08:10 PM
    I'll probably stay a year behind. Just ordered another priv after trying one out a few months ago and going back to my Q10. Probably stick with the priv this time and look to move to mercury later this year.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    01-06-17 08:13 PM
    I'm not worried about the 625 or 3 gigs of ram. As a BB10 user, I'm not a super power user. Emails, texting, multiple messaging apps (that I can't get on bb10) , browsing, calendar. I know that it will work just fine for that.

So now I'm going to nitpick now all I want, because what else will I do? Just wait? Pffft. Waiting is for suckers.
    Wasn't talking about you actually. :-)

01-07-17 12:09 AM
    Wasn't talking about you actually. :-)

Misread, sorry, pal!
    01-07-17 08:12 AM
    The Mercury looks great, but I'm not sure what I would gain coming from my Priv.

The Priv has the best of both worlds, big screen and BlackBerry keyboard. The Priv gets me through the day and is fast.

Remember, the Priv will be upgraded to Nougat, so the battery life and performance should improve significantly.

I'm going to stick with the Priv until it dies. Then the Mercury will be a good replacement.
    This is exactly why I'm thinking. The Mercury doesn't really feel like an upgrade from the PRIV for me personally, and I'm not interested in giving up screen space. I understand the PRIV keyboard won't be as good but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    01-07-17 12:49 PM
33 12