And its amazing to base all your information off unofficial renders.

I rather have those buttons then the waste of space buttons on current android phones.
    09-28-16 04:14 PM
    Well he clearly says a pkb phone will come.
    Well he has said a LOT of things and MOST have NOT appeared. As the native peoples use to say "He speaks with a forked tounge."
    09-28-16 04:28 PM
    And its amazing to base all your information off unofficial renders.

I rather have those buttons then the waste of space buttons on current android phones.
    It's wrong to comment on a render? Or have an opinion on my own thread?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 08:46 PM
    It's wrong to comment on a render? Or have an opinion on my own thread?

If you have to ask , yes

09-28-16 08:47 PM
    "The move out of hardware (to focus on software/services) would mean*fewer than 100 job cuts, CEO John Chen said today; that takes into account that reductions have already been made. And he said he hadn't decided whether to put out the*phone that the company has already produced."If I decide not to go ahead with that phone, you may have seen the last BlackBerry-designed phone," Chen said."

http://seekingalpha.com/news/3211427...=1#/email_link

09-28-16 08:48 PM
    It's still not completely clear.

09-29-16 12:20 AM
    Just awful communication once again. You should see the different media reports in Canada.

1) no more phones again from BlackBerry
    2) BlackBerry is outsourcing future production
    3) Physical keyboard is coming soon
    4) Rumored devices may be cancelled

Just a total disaster once again. Reminds me of when they said "goodbye" to the Classic and then had to completely go on a media blitz saying that the physical keyboard will live on and for us to "stay tune"

I love this company to the core and the products have been great that I have owned, as a shareholder I am pleased the company never died but it's frustrating all around.

Actually, just as I was typing this post, I saw another headline on CBC's show "On the money with Peter Armstrong" "BlackBerry won't be selling any more phones in the future, I am sure the BOTH of you viewers are upset" can't always blame the media here, the communication strategy is awful.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 02:02 AM
    The truth is not nice. Instead it is ugly, very ugly and sad:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4009...necessary-late

Of course this is one opinion but a well written and based one. Very interesting.

09-29-16 02:11 AM
    Just awful communication once again. You should see the different media reports in Canada.

1) no more phones again from BlackBerry
    2) BlackBerry is outsourcing future production
    3) Physical keyboard is coming soon
    4) Rumored devices may be cancelled

Just a total disaster once again. Reminds me of when they said "goodbye" to the Classic and then had to completely go on a media blitz saying that the physical keyboard will live on and for us to "stay tune"

I love this company to the core and the products have been great that I have owned, as a shareholder I am pleased the company never died but it's frustrating all around.

Actually, just as I was typing this post, I saw another headline on CBC's show "On the money with Peter Armstrong" "BlackBerry won't be selling any more phones in the future, I am sure the BOTH of you viewers are upset" can't always blame the media here, the communication strategy is awful.

Posted via CB10
    Chen IS a disaster. He is horrible about properly communicating thing's and the damage he creates is humongous, sadly. He is also very good to manipulate numbers in his advantage creating his own realities. Whatever.

09-29-16 02:13 AM
    Perhaps the pkb device with be built by their Indonesian partner. Perhaps it is ALREADY designed.
    Makes perfect sense that BlackBerry would trust its precious patented PKB tech with a design & manufacturing vendor outside of China. And just in time, too, before China and Russia soon pounce on the Internet at the end of this month.

Posted via CB10 on my  SQN100-2 Q10 | 10.2.2888 | VZW 4GLTE Network
    09-29-16 02:35 AM
    Yes. The PKB design will definitely come from Indonesia.
    And the one with 9 SIMs capability (most probably virtual) will come from BB's joint venture in India.
    09-29-16 04:41 AM
    The question is why? why are PKB such a cause for concern. You can't tell me that you can't be "productive" (the war cry of the BB users) with a vkb
    09-29-16 06:10 AM
    The question is why? why are PKB such a cause for concern. You can't tell me that you can't be "productive" (the war cry of the BB users) with a vkb
    Personal choice. I'm faster on VKB (regardless of OS) but more accurate with PKB. Like the touch capacitive PKB for scrolling, and the keyboard shortcuts are very nice. It's not the end of the world if it goes away, but it would be a shame, imo.

Hopefully Chen releases the Mercury with relatively up to date specs as it seems likely that will be the last PKB worth getting.
    09-29-16 06:19 AM
    Depends what being productive means to different people
    For me it is not making typos,
    Having speed dials and app launch shortcuts
    And also short cuts inside apps
    Far more important than any kind of screen real estate
    Not to forget, that I can type without seeing on a PKB
    Something you can never ever do on a VKB

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 06:24 AM
    "The move out of hardware (to focus on software/services) would mean*fewer than 100 job cuts, CEO John Chen said today; that takes into account that reductions have already been made. And he said he hadn't decided whether to put out the*phone that the company has already produced."If I decide not to go ahead with that phone, you may have seen the last BlackBerry-designed phone," Chen said."

http://seekingalpha.com/news/3211427...=1#/email_link

I think they should go out the way they came in, with a PKB. Of course, I'm biased. Wonder if PKB lovers Tweeting him would make any difference?
    09-29-16 06:58 AM
    Chen IS a disaster. He is horrible about properly communicating thing's and the damage he creates is humongous, sadly. He is also very good to manipulate numbers in his advantage creating his own realities. Whatever.

Too be honest.. I think this is still something that even BlackBerry isn't all that sure how they will handle.

If they can get someone interested in licensing the North American market.. think they would prefer that vendor to handle any new PKB device.

If they can't, then they might still release the Mercury/Rome as they originally planned. Or they also might just let it die.....

It just seemed that at the Earnings call that Chen wasn't even fully sure of what they were going to be able to do... like when he first said they had the option of distribute the Indonesian devcies if they chose too... but was corrected by someone else and then said they wouldn't.

But yeah, I agree that they handled this badly.... not sure what their "core" enterprise/goverment customer are getting out of this announcement.
    09-29-16 07:25 AM
    Lol wot?

You know that android can have those buttons (back, home and recent apps) on screen instead of permanent right?

Um, think that was exactly his point... 0.o

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-29-16 08:03 AM

Damn man, it's so sad, we have so many people here on CB who are obviously more qualified to be CEO of a big company than Chen, how come you guys haven't done more with your lives? ;-)

09-29-16 08:08 AM
    People have different preferences. Crazy concept I know. Took me YEARS to realize this fact. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes I guess. ;-)

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-29-16 08:11 AM
    Personal choice. I'm faster on VKB (regardless of OS) but more accurate with PKB. Like the touch capacitive PKB for scrolling, and the keyboard shortcuts are very nice. It's not the end of the world if it goes away, but it would be a shame, imo.

Hopefully Chen releases the Mercury with relatively up to date specs as it seems likely that will be the last PKB worth getting.
    Wow, so someone else here have realized the absolutely absurd idea that people have different preferences? Wow. And I also find typing on a pkb more accurate, and I do a lot of typing without even looking at the phone at all. Typing on the move is super easy, and I'm not tripping over things or walking out into traffic, lol. I use an Android all-touch every day for work and if I need to reply quickly to something and I'm on the move I literally have to stop, stare at my phone, and start typing. And even then I make more mistakes than when I type without looking with my Classic.

And like you've said, the keyboard shortcuts both inside and outside of apps, makes navigating things so easy and quick. But yah, anyway, we are just freaks of nature. We should all just conform to all-touch because that's what the masses and the media tells us we should do... :-D

09-29-16 08:19 AM
    Depends what being productive means to different people
    For me it is not making typos,
    Having speed dials and app launch shortcuts
    And also short cuts inside apps
    Far more important than any kind of screen real estate
    Not to forget, that I can type without seeing on a PKB
    Something you can never ever do on a VKB

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    But what? You can't watch Netflix! That's like the definition of being productive!! :'D

09-29-16 08:20 AM
    But what? You can't watch Netflix! That's like the definition of being productive!! :'D

Well it's a crazy world.
    Although you will be able to do so on the Rome / Mercury if and when it does release
    Not sure on what basis will Chen decide whether to release that phone or not

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 08:22 AM
    Well it's a crazy world.
    Although you will be able to do so on the Rome / Mercury if and when it does release
    Not sure on what basis will Chen decide whether to release that phone or not

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    No, the physical keyboard will somehow prevent you from doing so! Haha. And actually if you think about it, while typing on the Mercury or any other phone with a non-1:1 screen and a physical keyboard like the Priv, you actually have more visible screen than if half of it had to be taken up by a vkb...

idssteve likes this.
    09-29-16 08:26 AM
    No, the physical keyboard will somehow prevent you from doing so! Haha. And actually if you think about it, while typing on the Mercury or any other phone with a non-1:1 screen and a physical keyboard like the Priv, you actually have more visible screen than if half of it had to be taken up by a vkb...

That's so true!
    But for some reason people still think the keyboard is a waste of space.
    Rather I guess they have been brainwashed into thinking so.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 08:31 AM

This is exactly the way I feel about Chen. He shouldn't be CEO, but he could be the lead advisor to someone more charismatic and human.

I've never seen anything positive in the news spun by Chen, just confusing, embarrassing gaffs and misconstrued, heavy-handed announcements (threats to cease production).

When Heins tried to put the company up for sale, he did a lot of damage by making BBRY look unstable. Same with Chen not being simple and direct with his plans. It's not refreshing to hear that the handset business may or may not be closed.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:32 AM
54 123