12-03-16 11:48 AM
    I noticed that too. Lots of positive comments. BlackBerry might actually have a top seller in their hands.
    12-03-16 12:46 PM
    I would definitely agree, it's a great looking device with one of their best keyboards. I hope to see many more positive comments. We all want BlackBerry to do well so we can keep getting phones from them.

All BlackBerry need to do now I price it correctly and it could potentially sell really well.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-03-16 01:56 PM
    It's good, but let's remember the Priv got all sort of praise too before it was released. Everything turned the other way when they announced the price.
    12-03-16 02:13 PM
    Still a lot of ignorant comments. But that's expected anywhere...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-03-16 04:20 PM
    Perhaps this positivity will strike mindsets on qwerty keyboards and hence create a chain reaction when other OEMs give it a final try. I would really love to see what a 2017 LG, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo physical keyboards implementation.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 10:46 PM
    It's good, but let's remember the Priv got all sort of praise too before it was released. Everything turned the other way when they announced the price.
    My thoughts exactly. Sorry to be the negative one but I do not see this being a hit, BlackBerry died a long time ago. By that I mean, they don't carry the same weight as before. Too much of a tarnished brand to make a success of this phone.

I am likely to get the phone, if the DTEK60 doesn't get sorted in the call quality stakes, but if the latter does get the software fix ( assuming it is indeed a software problem) then I am definitely going with the 60.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 10:58 PM
    Like others I don't see this phone setting any sales records. They will sell at least two to my family and I'm sure there's pent up demand out there but that pent up demand is pretty small imo. Who knows if it will even hit carrier shelves. I doubt it.
    12-04-16 01:03 PM
    If only good comments equated to sales...
    12-04-16 02:26 PM
    The price didn't bother me. The weak keyboard and poor quality control did, however. I got a Priv a couple of months ago, and the build quality has improved and the keyboard is at least better than the VKB. It's a truly premium-feeling device, and I wouldn't trade it for a Google Pixel or any other flagship Android handset on the market.

That said, I'm back to using my Classic right now, and I'll probably be using my Passport before long. It's a shame that BlackBerry didn't give the Classic flagship specs.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 03:07 PM
    The price didn't bother me. The weak keyboard and poor quality control did, however. I got a Priv a couple of months ago, and the build quality has improved and the keyboard is at least better than the VKB. It's a truly premium-feeling device, and I wouldn't trade it for a Google Pixel or any other flagship Android handset on the market.

That said, I'm back to using my Classic right now, and I'll probably be using my Passport before long. It's a shame that BlackBerry didn't give the Classic flagship specs.

Posted via CB10
    Which translates to higher prices, and even lower sales.
    12-04-16 03:25 PM
    Which translates to higher prices, and even lower sales.
    Ah, couldn't be much lower than it was. At least then the few of us with the Classic would have been happy, lol.

12-04-16 04:51 PM
    I definitely will buy it, if it looks like this. Exactly what I have been waiting from Blackberry...
    12-04-16 08:03 PM
    Hope will be picked up by Tmo and can buy thru them!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 10:44 PM
    I would love to buy it...
    12-05-16 12:08 AM
    Hopefully they can fix the hub by the time new phone is released.
    12-05-16 12:11 AM
    If only good comments equated to sales...
    Main problem for BlackBerry sell never was app gate, but total disappearance in carriers and shops. For the mass, BlackBerry ceased to exist three years ago.

Without carriers promoting this device, only the few fans left will even know that BlackBerry releases a new device in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 12:23 AM
    With typical BlackBerry delays, we won't see this phone until next summer. So summer 2017 with a snapdragon 625 for likely $799 USD is a horrible idea.

Plus I hate the top frame. Why waste so much space and the silver just doesn't fit with the rest of the design.

Unless they're totally delusional, they've gotta know they're going into this guaranteed to lose millions.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 12:30 AM
    It's known by a few tech nerds who follow such news. As with the last few releases, it will be pushed out alone and with no aid to die in the cold. as its the last in-house phone, Chen might authorise two tweets rather than one about it.

It will not register with anyone outside the tech bubble.
    12-05-16 12:53 AM
    Pictures and reader reviews are one thing, getting the device to the marketplace and with a price that will spark interest is another issue all together. I for one would be the first in line to buy one, if and when it becomes reality.
    12-05-16 06:43 AM
    Even if everyone of those comments were a unique person... that only 80 customers.

I think too many here put too much weight on "A" post. Some here think that one negative post on CrackBerry equals a $.50 hit to the stock price, or that one positive post on Reddit or some other site... means 100's of thousands in sales. Sorry but neither is true.

This is kinda like watching Brett Favre at the end of his carrier... you have to root for him and hope he does good. Knowing that he should have quite long ago, while he was still on top.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-05-16 07:42 AM
    Even if everyone of those comments were a unique person... that only 80 customers.

I think too many here put too much weight on "A" post. Some here think that one negative post on CrackBerry equals a $.50 hit to the stock price, or that one positive post on Reddit or some other site... means 100's of thousands in sales. Sorry but neither is true.

This is kinda like watching Brett Favre at the end of his carrier... you have to root for him and hope he does good. Knowing that he should have quite long ago, while he was still on top.
    Nope, I simply want a good and secure smartphone with a "physical keyboard"... So again, I will buy it definitely.
    12-05-16 07:58 AM

Nope, I simply want a good and secure smartphone with a "physical keyboard"... So again, I will buy it definitely.
    12-05-16 07:58 AM

So, if we are equating this to the quarterback, you're saying you wish BB would have quit long ago? Why exactly? How does that benefit you or anyone else?

12-05-16 09:28 AM
    So, if we are equating this to the quarterback, you're saying you wish BB would have quit long ago? Why exactly? How does that benefit you or anyone else?

In the long run... how has it helped anyone?

If BlackBerry had given up in 2013.... most today would have figured out how to use a VKB, and would understand apps and how they can help you be productive. And would be two or three years into a ecosystem....

And shareholders.... there was a lot more value to be got out of the assists back then, than there is now. Maybe BES/Good will become the dominant player in the standalone EMM market - or maybe that market disappears and Suites take the forefront? Maybe Athoc becomes the name on every government, enterprise and school campus for emergency communications.... or maybe some new technology takes it's place? Maybe BlackBerry releases the Mercury and it becomes a huge hits for FANS.... or maybe they release it and then a year later announce they have at some point shut down all Android development?

Time will tell if the Mercury really benefits anyone in the long term.
    12-05-16 11:23 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD