Some silly thing like a consistent user interface. They were too dumb to prioritize a few millimeters of screen over that. I mean, what's a few extra steps and frustrations when it doesn't act the way you want/expect?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Lol you make it sound like bringing up the virtual buttons up is an overwhelming task.
    02-10-17 09:51 AM
    Don't be fooled by the glare in that render. If the navigation buttons were on-screen they would be white on the same grey screen color instead of white on a solid black band.
    02-10-17 10:04 AM
    Extra steps to show the buttons? Only in immersive mode...

BlackBerry passport
    02-10-17 10:39 AM
    Hmmm...actually its 8mms and having a dedicated nav bar would be no different than regressing to the old tool belt design... I think that Priv's nav bar is great as it allows use of video (YouTube for example) at full width landscape mode. 8mms more space for the display is huuuge in this business, and not making this mistake is critically important especially for this device since the stakes are so high.
    Omg, 8mms?? Man, how do I even see anything on this tiny 3.5" screen of mine? I must possess magic. If only it was 8mm longer I think it would be good...

And yes, "regressing" to the toolbelt. So I guess the Classic is a "regressed" version of the Q10, where even with the same specs you get things done twice as fast thanks to this toolbelt...

You guys care so much about appearance you rate that above everything else, even something that makes navigation and performing tasks faster and more efficient... Sad...

02-10-17 10:58 AM
    Lol you make it sound like bringing up the virtual buttons up is an overwhelming task.
    It's an unnecessary step. Imagine if you had to press a button before you can press a button for everything. Under your logic, why are you even looking at the Mercury? Just get any all-touch, the keyboard is there, you just need to bring it up. And if you want a physical keyboard, get the Priv, it's there, you just need to slide it out. So that should fit your needs already.

zensen likes this.
    02-10-17 11:00 AM
    Don't be fooled by the glare in that render. If the navigation buttons were on-screen they would be white on the same grey screen color instead of white on a solid black band.
    That's what I'm thinking too. Fingers crossed. Function over form any day of the week any week of the year for me.

johnsliderbb likes this.
    02-10-17 11:00 AM
    Extra steps to show the buttons? Only in immersive mode...

BlackBerry passport
    Exactly, it's inconsistent. You have to first determine what mode it's in before you know what you have to do. I like just doing things and having the phone act in a way you can predict. Which is why the physical buttons would be even better than capacitive, because you can easily do it without even looking at the device. I tend to do things like minimizing the app while I'm already putting the phone away. When I see my friends staring at their phones long after they're done using it because they have to be sure they have closed out of the app... sorry, just seems silly to me. By that time my phone is away and I'm already on the move... But that's just me. If a few millimeters of screen really would make the difference between you being able to see something or not, then hey...

02-10-17 11:04 AM
    LOL. Soft buttons are always there and you dont need extra steps to access them. But if I want to watch a video or play a game, they can be hidden. Its a no brainer over capacitive strip. But maybe it's just me

BlackBerry passport
    02-10-17 11:07 AM
    I'm not sure why you talk about physical buttons being better because regardless that's not going to happen on this device. Otherwise on screen or capacitive I'm indifferent with maybe a slight lean towards on screen.
    02-10-17 11:08 AM
    I was sure that I had seen it in another version. There are 2 invitation that flow around. Phonearena invitation is with capacitive buttons on.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/back_in_black_...news-23332.php
    No capacitive buttons?-gsmarena_002.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:22 AM
    I was sure that I had seen it in another version. There are 2 invitation that flow around. Phonearena invitation is with capacitive buttons on.
    Back in Black... Berry: Canadians send out invites to launch China-made phone - GSMArena.com news
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsmarena_002.jpeg 
Views:	486 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	417247
    Eno can you explain what you are seeing that is different from other photos. I have been looking and looking to see what you mean by capacitative buttons missing but I don't get it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:28 AM
    LOL. Soft buttons are always there and you dont need extra steps to access them. But if I want to watch a video or play a game, they can be hidden. Its a no brainer over capacitive strip. But maybe it's just me

BlackBerry passport
    Ok, I guess we'll see. I hear from people all of the time who have phones with the on-screen buttons say that at times it doesn't show when they want them to show. I guess they are going crazy. Hopefully you're right and the people who claim that are out of their minds.

02-10-17 11:31 AM
    I'm not sure why you talk about physical buttons being better because regardless that's not going to happen on this device. Otherwise on screen or capacitive I'm indifferent with maybe a slight lean towards on screen.
    Sorry, didn't know talking about hypotheticals was against forum rules. Please don't report me.

02-10-17 11:32 AM
    http://m.gsmarena.com/back_in_black_...news-23332.php
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsmarena_002.jpeg 
Views:	486 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	417247

Posted via CB10
    Yah, most likely a bad photoshop job, because even in the one where they claim it looks on-screen the buttons still have the black background where on-screen icons would not...

02-10-17 11:33 AM
    Part of the background image appeared to continue past the edge of the screen onto the strip of capacitive buttons in the other image.

02-10-17 11:34 AM
    Yah, most likely a bad photoshop job, because even in the one where they claim it looks on-screen the buttons still have the black background where on-screen icons would not...

Yeah you are right in the left corner there is still some space uncovered.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:35 AM
    Look kitmo, here you can compare the 2 pictures
    No capacitive buttons?-img_20170210_183637.png
    No capacitive buttons?-img_20170210_183812.png

Posted via CB10
    kitmo and Narhim like this.
    02-10-17 11:38 AM
    There are plenty of differences. Look at the wallpaper ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:46 AM
    Can definitely tell who DIDN'T listen to the CB podcast here.

CrackBerry 10th Anniversary Podcast Episode 1: Who the heck is @BBMobile? | CrackBerry.com
    JeromeM likes this.
    02-10-17 11:47 AM
    Sorry, didn't know talking about hypotheticals was against forum rules. Please don't report me.

Too late lol
    02-10-17 11:52 AM
    It's an unnecessary step. Imagine if you had to press a button before you can press a button for everything. Under your logic, why are you even looking at the Mercury? Just get any all-touch, the keyboard is there, you just need to bring it up. And if you want a physical keyboard, get the Priv, it's there, you just need to slide it out. So that should fit your needs already.

Absolutely irrelevant comparison but whatever you say. And i already have a Priv. And by the way, I'm good with either or. I'm not advocating for either type of button.
    02-10-17 12:16 PM

CrackBerry 10th Anniversary Podcast Episode 1: Who the heck is @BBMobile? | CrackBerry.com
    I did, although admittedly it was already long after midnight and I listened while laying down, perhaps passing out a few times. What I miss? Steve confirmed the capacitive buttons? I do remember you spoke far less than during Upstream

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 12:23 PM

I really want to because I heard the President of TCL NA would participate, but haven't had the chance yet...

02-10-17 12:42 PM
    Absolutely irrelevant comparison but whatever you say. And i already have a Priv. And by the way, I'm good with either or. I'm not advocating for either type of button.
    So saying it's ok to be required to do an extra step to get the buttons out is completely irrelevant to needing to do an extra step to access the keyboard? Dang, you've got me there.

02-10-17 12:43 PM
    I did, although admittedly it was already long after midnight and I listened while laying down, perhaps passing out a few times. What I miss? Steve confirmed the capacitive buttons? I do remember you spoke far less than during Upstream

Posted via CB10
    Not in so many words but come on.. you all saw the hands-on thus far too.
    02-10-17 12:46 PM
98 1234