I'm glad your Priv is smooth but I have a Passport FILLED with two years of data and a Priv that I only use for Uber, Lyft, SnapChat, and other Apps impossible to use on BB10 and it's simply not close to as fast as BB10.
    My PRIV is way faster than my Z10. Now, before you say anything keep in mind that the Z10 is a BB10 and your comment about speed is in regard to BB10 itself and not BB10 on a Passport.

I win.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    01-04-17 12:19 AM
    LOL. Yes and I'm sure it's faster then a Bold too. You win indeed.

I still don't believe it's a 625 100% yet. There's plenty of reasons to believe the contrary.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 12:30 AM

I still don't believe it's a 625 100% yet. There's plenty of reasons to believe the contrary.

Posted via CB10
    name one....
    DrBoomBotz and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    01-04-17 12:32 AM
    ... I still don't believe it's a 625 100% yet. There's plenty of reasons to believe the contrary.
    At least there seems to be a number of people who choose to ignore the available information and choose to simply believe what they wish to be true.
    01-04-17 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is "Than" not "then".

It hurts my eyes, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 02:46 AM
    name one....
    Wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 02:47 AM
    Well, it's very simple. If it doesn't have at least an SD820 and 4GB of memory, it will run like crap so all of the teaser hype will be squashed by the terrible real-life performance. Budget or not, with low specs the phone will flop hard. Big battery is also a must.
    01-04-17 09:10 AM
    Well, it's very simple. If it doesn't have at least an SD820 and 4GB of memory, it will run like crap so all of the teaser hype will be squashed by the terrible real-life performance. Budget or not, with low specs the phone will flop hard. Big battery is also a must.
    How do you explain how smoothly the DTEK50 runs then?
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 09:12 AM
    Magic.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-04-17 09:31 AM
    Some people simply cannot 'process' (no pun intended) there is more to CPU performance than just the model number. But surely putting a "higher spec" CPU does create a false sense of performance and will 'sucker in' a certain demographic...kind of like how Dodge knows most of it's customers don't realize that horsepower isn't the only factor that determines the overall performance of a car, including the 0-60 time.
    01-04-17 09:46 AM
    I'd sooner have the 625 and eat food for the next 6 months.

The longer battery life is also something I've got used to from my Q5.
    01-04-17 09:54 AM
    The 820 is surely the better SoC, but when you consider the target audience (enterprise/Government) the 625 is well suited. Also, cannot the 625 support 4GB of RAM? The 625 "Pro", that is the 653, can support up to 8 GB of DDR3 and I believe 4K video capture/playback (the 625 can only do 1080).

Here is the thing: do you think the average user who wants a dedicated pkb and less screen real-estate is also going to game the latest games and do 4K video? A handful, perhaps, but outliers for sure.

Anyways, here we go.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    01-04-17 10:12 AM
    name one....
    Two recent articles, common sense of a 2017 spec device, the cheap $499 price of the DTEK60 proving TCL can build cheap phones with high specs? Is that enough?

Look, I will not be surprised either way at this point, but the suggestion it's 100% 625 because of ONE "confirmed" leak is foolish.

Just the recent Tweeted videos prove multiple "confirmed designs" were not true.
    01-04-17 10:14 AM
    We already went over this in another thread. With 8 applications open at any given time, plus at least 3-5 Chrome tabs and an adblock running in the background, I am certain the DTEK50 would struggle to keep a smooth user experience. Loading times would suffer, animations would likely stutter, and you'd have apps restarting. I am yet to see a midrange Android that doesn't do this.
    antonrr likes this.
    01-04-17 10:16 AM
    Oh well, no mention of specs. At least it's being released at the end of February, so they say.

But wow, that thing looks straight out of 2009...thick and big and the keyboard should at least be chrome/silver two as it looks as though they slapped a Porsche Design on top of a Classic. Hardly doubt that size and look is going to be a hit with consumers, but as CNET mentioned, this is a pre-production model.
    01-04-17 10:27 AM
    I am certain the DTEK50 would struggle to keep a smooth user experience. Loading times would suffer, animations would likely stutter, and you'd have apps restarting.
    Nothing like scientific analysis to drive the point home. Lol.
    01-04-17 10:28 AM
    Oh well, no mention of specs. At least it's being released at the end of February, so they say.

But wow, that thing looks straight out of 2009...thick and big and the keyboard should at least be chrome/silver two as it looks as though they slapped a Porsche Design on top of a Classic. Hardly doubt that size and look is going to be a hit with consumers, but as CNET mentioned, this is a pre-production model.
    I personally hope it stays around that thickness. People be complaining about battery life, but then want a razor thin phone they can't even hold.
    slagman5 and Barbareren like this.
    01-04-17 10:35 AM
    We already went over this in another thread. With 8 applications open at any given time, plus at least 3-5 Chrome tabs and an adblock running in the background, I am certain the DTEK50 would struggle to keep a smooth user experience. Loading times would suffer, animations would likely stutter, and you'd have apps restarting. I am yet to see a midrange Android that doesn't do this.
    Is this normal user behavior? I am not being facetious, truly curious because I don't know anyone who operates a smartphone this way.

The bottom line is that if this how you use a smartphone then the obvious answer is to simply use a handset that is able to handle your needs, which may or may not be a Mercury.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 10:35 AM
    Is this normal user behavior? I am not being facetious, truly curious because I don't know anyone who operates a smartphone this way.

The bottom line is that if this how you use a smartphone then the obvious answer is to simply use a handset that is able to handle your needs, which may or may not be a Mercury.
    Do the 8 apps include messaging functionality? Because that's where my BB earns it's bacon. Email + Whatsap+ SMS + BBM + FB and the occasional call. Other than that a bit of light browsing and maybe some music on the bedstand.
    01-04-17 10:39 AM
    He's saying that the DTEK50 apps run faster than the android apps on an android emulator on his Passport. Well no sh*t, sherlock.

But it's total nonsense to deny android lag. Even android fanboys will admit it lags badly no matter the OS version or processor. It's just the nature of android.

Posted via CB10
    The Pixel is the first Android phone I've used that runs like an iPhone. And I have both. So, it IS possible for Android to run seamlessly, it just takes a lot of work from the OEM's end.
    01-04-17 10:41 AM
    The Pixel is the first Android phone I've used that runs like an iPhone. And I have both. So, it IS possible for Android to run seamlessly, it just takes a lot of work from the OEM's end.
    The advantages of a near-vanilla Android implementation like Nexus / Pixel / BlackBerry Android.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 10:48 AM
    The advantages of a near-vanilla Android implementation like Nexus / Pixel / BlackBerry Android.
    Even the Nexus had some jank. Literally Pixel is the only one so far, and I go through a half dozen flagships a year.
    01-04-17 10:57 AM

If that means a bigger battery I say that makes more sense than this new "thinner, Thinner, THINNER!!!11" trend that makes very little sense. As long as it's thin enough to hold and keep comfortably, why sacrifice battery size for being arbitrarily thinner? We trying to use our phones as bookmarks? Sliding them under doors? What's the point?

Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 11:44 AM
    I personally hope it stays around that thickness. People be complaining about battery life, but then want a razor thin phone they can't even hold.
    You, I like you. The last like 10 comments I remember reading from you, very logical and practical thinking.

tp2386 likes this.
    01-04-17 11:45 AM
    You, I like you. The last like 10 comments I remember reading from you, very logical and practical thinking.

Don't make me blush. All jokes aside, it just seems that people want it all, when we all know something has to be sacrificed for the greater good.
    01-04-17 11:53 AM
114 12345