I'm very excited BUT the potentially outdated processor, cheap looking keyboard, and mismatched black/silver color is a little disappointing and needs to be said!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 10:55 AM
    While the whole tech world is excited about the Mercury, the negativity here on CB is enormous.

......WTF????
    I don't see it as "widespread excitement" and more as "hey look at this nifty thing at CES", which always happens when CES rolls around.

If the reception is both a) gaga and b) widespread once, say, MWC comes, then you might have a point.

And everyone at CB being an unsatisfiable whiner is just a fact of life.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Bbnivende like this.
    01-12-17 11:00 AM
    I'm very excited BUT the potentially outdated processor, cheap looking keyboard, and mismatched black/silver color is a little disappointing and needs to be said!

Posted via CB10
    It has been said here on CB. Don't worry. Message is clear. Seriously.
    xs27 likes this.
    01-12-17 11:05 AM
    The reason it seems that way with BlackBerry is because all the others left for iPhone and Samsung long ago.

Only those who still care enough are here expecting more from BlackBerry.
    01-12-17 11:35 AM
    what did i do?

And everyone at CB being an unsatisfiable whiner is just a fact of life.
    01-12-17 12:15 PM
    exactly... why people need to say the same over and over again? i also would love to get a SoC 900-series processor (you know, to have a device ahead of time) but if they don't what can i do, besides winning every single day? i just prefer to wait for the release of the device, see the specs, see the first reviews, (if i have the chance) play with it a bit, and if all that it's to my liking, then buy it... but to see every single thing in a negative angle well, that's not my approach to an unreleased device and in fact, to life...

It has been said here on CB. Don't worry. Message is clear. Seriously.
    xs27 likes this.
    01-12-17 12:22 PM
    I too am disappointed..
    In the Negative posts, suggest, don't disgust.
    Maybe BlackBerry should not have even showed it or maybe us real BlackBerry Fans should say something good about it.
    Ones that still own them. Z10-Z30-Leap-Classic-Passport-Priv and now Dtek60 which I'm really impressed with.
    This new Blackberry Mercury sure looks like a good phone. Looks like a skinny Passport with edges similar edge to the iPhone except the top from short video.
    Thank You BlackBerry for showing it at CES and hope you have a Great Year.
    falbo likes this.
    01-12-17 12:41 PM
    This!

I also love BB10. It's the best OS out there. But BB10 days are over. I hope I will get along with Android.
    And there is the problem. You accept this. You know this. Others choose not to accept it for what it is. BlackBerry spent years telling folks other operating systems were inferior to theirs and then they went ahead and switched to one of those operating systems they said were inferior, BlackBerry effectively built in their own hate.

People are mad. People are disappointed. People are venting their frustrations. For some, it's easy to overlook and move on. For others, it's not so easy. You have to be accepting of both sides. You can't dismiss people's anger just because you, personally, have accepted it and moved on. We don't all operate the same.
    01-12-17 01:21 PM
    Two points:
    - We're more likely to write a post about an issue we'd like/hope to see changed, or event vent about it, than to write a post about something we we're fine with, or somewhat like.
    - There are no other options out there like Mercury. That's a given. So then people who need the pkb can only complain about other unmet expectations, as opposed to simply chose another device.
    01-12-17 02:21 PM
    And there is the problem. You accept this. You know this. Others choose not to accept it for what it is. BlackBerry spent years telling folks other operating systems were inferior to theirs and then they went ahead and switched to one of those operating systems they said were inferior, BlackBerry effectively built in their own hate.

People are mad. People are disappointed. People are venting their frustrations. For some, it's easy to overlook and move on. For others, it's not so easy. You have to be accepting of both sides. You can't dismiss people's anger just because you, personally, have accepted it and moved on. We don't all operate the same.
    If all the people "disappointed" left... CrackBerry might be a lonely place.

That's said, back in 2007 there were plenty of people complaining about BlackBerry and their need to react to Apple and then Google... this has NEVER been a place where everyone joined hands and sang the praises of BlackBerry. But then what Family gets along that well in the real word?
    01-12-17 02:30 PM
    exactly... why people need to say the same over and over again? i also would love to get a SoC 900-series processor (you know, to have a device ahead of time) but if they don't what can i do, besides winning every single day? i just prefer to wait for the release of the device, see the specs, see the first reviews, (if i have the chance) play with it a bit, and if all that it's to my liking, then buy it... but to see every single thing in a negative angle well, that's not my approach to an unreleased device and in fact, to life...
    At least it's a clear message and not widespread criticism.

I think the final device will please!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 04:34 PM
    - We're more likely to write a post about an issue we'd like/hope to see changed, or event vent about it,
    There has been written al lot about issues which are no issues yet. They are based on: "if I watch the video it seems to me that....." ..and then a very long discussion starts. That makes NO sense.
    01-12-17 04:37 PM
    I am just happy there is a new phone to talk about, you are never going to design a phone that appeals to everyone. Everyone has their own ideas what the perfect phone should be, so bring on the Mercury if it fits my needs I will buy one if not keep using my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 05:26 PM
    I think a lot more units will be sold to general public than to us die hards.
    I'm completely fine with that. This means I will see a lot more Mercury devices in the wild and die hards can keep hoping and dreaming for that device that won't come.

I consider myself a die hard (came from 8310) and I've made the jump to the PRIV and not looking back. Do I miss BB10 yes in some regard, do I like having all the apps absolutely. Can't have it all. Yes I know about sideloading on BB10. Google play service issue with more than one of my apps I went to sideload.
    01-12-17 05:59 PM
    Posts #3 & #6 have it, IMO. Many here have fond memories of owning superior products that allowed them to do what they needed quickly and easily. Many regarded them as the best phones in the world. Then BBerry's attention to changing tech and changing needs of customers started to drop. Eventually customers decided that the drawbacks outweighed the benefits of BBerry's best-in-the-world pkb. This was coupled with what appeared to be one bone-headed marketing/management/tech decision after another...

Then, when they went to BB10 and later android, the best of BBerry designed failed to follow.

Personally, I'd happily go back to a 9900/9930 on Verizon's CDMA Rev-A network if the few apps I need had native versions and WORKED properly right out of the box.

It's sad, really.......
    01-12-17 06:04 PM
    Really?? I guess I've been browsing in all the right places. Haven't seen much negativity myself. Mostly all positive, except for the knocks on the design here and there. Personally, I hope the hardware design isn't final but whatever: PKB Android device from BlackBerry will be instant buy.
    01-12-17 06:21 PM
    This phone not going to exceed sales and BlackBerry knows that but it is a great start at getting the BlackBerry name back out there
    01-12-17 06:26 PM
    If Mercury turned out to be a disapointment (thick n cheap keyboard), I will want to see the handsets design by BB Merah Putih for Indonesia market only that is coming soon.
    01-12-17 07:13 PM
    "Negativity on CB over the Mercury"

That phone should have been shipped with BlackBerry 10, as it looks like it could be a pretty solid Q10 replacement.
    01-12-17 07:14 PM
    will be always negative people! the compagny is a business and need to make decision to move forward blackberry done it it will start paying in next couple of year. well done BB GOOD STRATEGIE
    01-12-17 08:06 PM
    If Mercury turned out to be a disapointment (thick n cheap keyboard), I will want to see the handsets design by BB Merah Putih for Indonesia market only that is coming soon.
    If it's the perceived cheapness that's likely to turn you off Mercury, I'm fairly confident the BB Merah Putih collaboration will be of minimal interest to you; the manufacturer has a solid track record of churning out utter cack thus far.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 01:45 AM
    In some entangled way, the negativity here probably reflects the negativity in the company itself. A company always late in launching products (anyone remember the Super Bowl ad for BB10 that appeared before any device was available); always just under a decent processor speed; always pricing too much; never having the courage of its convictions to market its products, for example, the genuinely innovative hand-set the Passport never appeared in mainstream media advertising, and was dumped by all its outlets without any push back by BB; the CEO makes statements about company progress that do not hold up; creative accounting does not reflect market realities, and so it goes on. I love the products but you have question the company culture.
    01-13-17 03:23 AM
    In some entangled way, the negativity here probably reflects the negativity in the company itself. A company always late in launching products (anyone remember the Super Bowl ad for BB10 that appeared before any device was available); always just under a decent processor speed; always pricing too much; never having the courage of its convictions to market its products, for example, the genuinely innovative hand-set the Passport never appeared in mainstream media advertising, and was dumped by all its outlets without any push back by BB; the CEO makes statements about company progress that do not hold up; creative accounting does not reflect market realities, and so it goes on. I love the products but you have question the company culture.
    Thank God (or Chen) a different company is running the business now!!!
    01-13-17 03:55 AM
    Is it me, or is there an almost Nokia-esque quality to the blunders? It's almost like they're SO obvious and pervasive they'd've done better by random chance.
    01-13-17 04:39 AM
    Is it me, or is there an almost Nokia-esque quality to the blunders? It's almost like they're SO obvious and pervasive they'd've done better by random chance.
    I dont understand what you're saying. Who is 'they', BlackBerry or TCL?
    01-13-17 05:38 AM
85 1234