Hey friends,

the upcoming DTek70 might be a nice little device and will be packed with some good hardware & specs,
    but:

My prediction for that device is:
    It will fail on the market!

Why?
    1.) It will mostly "attract" current OS10 users and BlackBerry will try to make them switch to Android.
    Sure, some will follow - others still gonna stick with OS10, just because of OS10.
    But if you count all OS10 users by numbers, they ain't left that many (to make this a big hit).

2.) Existing Android users, will prefer touch over keyboard.
    So, if they "go BlackBerry (security)", the DTek50/60 will be their choice - if there was a market for Android-keyboard phones, there would still be some of them.
    Most Android users never had a physical keyboard and are not really willing to learn/spend money to get that experience.
    BlackBerry users have always been special in that point.

3.) Maybe some Enterprise users jump on that, but still is that keyboard enough to make that happen?
    I doubt that.

4.) If BlackBerry wouldn't have screwed up the pricing & quality of the Priv - this would have been a impact on the Android market.
    Because that combination of both worlds was unique.

My conclusion:
    The DTek 70 will just show the world, that BlackBerry is still kinda alive - but that's it.
    Same goes for the DTek50/60 - nice devices, but some of many.

If BlackBerry will make a big comeback and leave some impress - they should point their eyes on devices like the:
    Xiaomi Mix with it's bezel-less design:
    My thoughts on the Mercury / DTek70:-xiaomi-mi-mix-review-aa-11-27-840x560.jpg

or something that the masses haven't seen before.

As I wrote, the Priv could have been in that spot - but they messed it up (once again).
    Then the DTek70 might be some addition on the side to have.
    01-09-17 07:30 AM
    01-09-17 07:40 AM
    I think in the world of smartphones... it's hard for ANYONE.
    Slash82 and kitmo like this.
    01-09-17 07:47 AM
    I think in the world of smartphones... it's hard for ANYONE.
    True dat.
    Still think it's even harder to return with a keyboard device to an Android market, where users looking ahead to get:
    Virtual Reality, PC desktop functionality (monitor & keyboard link), bezel-less design, deep integration of smart wearables etc.

I'm convinced that a physical keyboard isn't enough to keep up with that.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 07:51 AM
    I dısagree. Cuz i assume that huge amount of people sıck of samsung and samsung wanna be smartphones. So they consıder iphone but its not usefull for everyone (except iphone addıcts) so market has a GAP and opportunıty. So timing ıs good. Get back to life with this mercury and gonna get the market with this speed by new models (ıf keeps goıng to produce) i think Chen iş not a fool. They gonna see this line and consıder gıvın up producıng smartphone... or maybe i m just a fool.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-09-17 07:56 AM
    I dısagree. Cuz i assume that huge amount of people sıck of samsung and samsung wanna be smartphones. So they consıder iphone but its not usefull for everyone (except iphone addıcts) so market has a GAP and opportunıty. So timing ıs good. Get back to life with this mercury and gonna get the market with this speed by new models (ıf keeps goıng to produce) i think Chen iş not a fool. They gonna see this line and consıder gıvın up producıng smartphone... or maybe i m just a fool.
    Thanks for your reply!
    No one is a fool in here - this is meant to exchange thoughts to that upcoming device.
    There is no "wrong or right".

So you think people would take a Mercury over a DTek60?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:04 AM
    I guess I just don't know anyone "sick" of Samsung, or that are iPhone "addicts".

Do know many that enjoy the simplicity of an iDevice... it just works, and works very well for THEIR needs. And Samsung is THE Android maker... Carriers here in the US hardly bother with anything else... except for a few "cheaper" phones. Apple and Samsung DOMINATED the US Christmas season for smartphones.

That said I bet TCL would be happy with a few million (maybe even just a few 100 thousand) in sales.... they don't have to win the war, just make some advancements in this one battle. But I expect TCL is only going to fight a few battles... if sales don't improve by this time next year, they'll move on.
    01-09-17 08:19 AM
    I guess I just don't know anyone "sick" of Samsung, or that are iPhone "addicts".

Do know many that enjoy the simplicity of an iDevice... it just works, and works very well for THEIR needs. And Samsung is THE Android maker... Carriers here in the US hardly bother with anything else... except for a few "cheaper" phones. Apple and Samsung DOMINATED the US Christmas season for smartphones.

That said I bet TCL would be happy with a few million (maybe even just a few 100 thousand) in sales.... they don't have to win the war, just make some advancements in this one battle. But I expect TCL is only going to fight a few battles... if sales don't improve by this time next year, they'll move on.
    Lol and here you go again. If you keep claiming the end of BlackBerry devices I'm sure one day you will be right and get to pat yourself on the back for being such a genius.
    Last edited by ray689; 01-09-17 at 11:26 AM.
    01-09-17 08:22 AM
    Thanks and yes. Not too far from today, Blackberry was the symbol for bussıness and was so cool n classy. Dtek50 and 60 are maybe good devıces but not an ıcon. But this mercury is dıfferent... looks like coming from old shıny days. we all know market is shaped by gossıp and pr. And comeback with this ıconıc device BlackBerry will be good at gossıp side. PR will determıne the rest
    kitmo likes this.
    01-09-17 08:24 AM

All devıces are working and working. All devıces works in adroıd. Whats the deal than? Lets use all the same Phone.

What i m talking about ıs feelıngs.
    01-09-17 08:32 AM
    If I had not of got my dtek50 on contract in November last I would be going for the dtek70 /Mercury /press /regen /titanic/ terminator or whatever they call it. Now I will just hang around and read all about it here when it does get released so I can make my mind up later on. Looking forward for its release
    01-09-17 01:45 PM