View Poll Results: What could annoy the Merc-Reveal ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delivery not before April

24 44.44%
  • High pricing (like Priv in 2015)

20 37.04%
  • Rumored Specs are confirmed

4 7.41%
  • Final Specs are worse than rumoured

1 1.85%
  • Carrier-Availablity

4 7.41%
  • Negativity in hands-on during MWC

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.85%
    Hello all,

the board is filled with a lot of topics and so on, but I wanted to check, what CONFIDENCE-level you have regarding the Merc and your FEARS / HOPESwith perspective to the upcoming reveal on Saturday, that will answer the last questions (final specs, delivery, pricing, features, final design ...) ? With the poll, a bit of interactivity is added here :-)

With having seen the pre-final device, everyone can already imagine, if this device does meet his / her needs or not. If you decided to buy this beauty, then the last open answers perhaps only decide surroundings - if you are an early-adopter @ higher pricing ... This means, we have quiet a good picture, what we should expect.

- Confidence-Level on current Merc: 9 / 10 meaning high confidence as it would completely fulfill my needs (First Android + PKB is a no-brainer for me)
    - Fear: Release after March, 31st, specs are lower then rumored, pricing > 500 EUR
    - My hopes / suprises: A deep-dive through Nougat is shown on Saturday - coming a long with nice software-surprises, Great Camera-Performance is already confirmed (Pixel-Sensor), 4GB of Ram would be great

How do you feel? What would be your fears and let-downs for the reveal ?
    Last edited by Bostil1987; 02-24-17 at 12:01 AM.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    02-23-17 12:14 PM
    Hope, release and same/next day carrier release.

More reality- GSM unlocked release same / next day

Hope, 400$ on all carriers and venus

More reality - 500 unlocked 550 carrier brand

Fear 550+$ price tag

Posted via CB10
    Kaizerin likes this.
    02-23-17 12:19 PM
    I think I hope that there's early availability. The Mercury has generated some positive buzz and it would be nice to see that capitalized on and get it out quickly before the rest of the big players start releasing this year's flagships. I'm very interested to see where this will go as it's the first time in a long time I've noticed all sorts of android blogs etc talking/following blackberry pretty closely.
    02-23-17 12:24 PM
    I'm definitely buying this as soon as it's available my only fear is that it won't be released asap and will have to wait another month or 2
    02-23-17 12:26 PM
    It needs to be fully released (including Verizon) before the Galaxy S8 is announced in March.
    02-23-17 01:07 PM
    Only fear I've got is the price. Other than that, I think this device is going to blow us away.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 01:42 PM
    Only fear I've got is the price. Other than that, I think this device is going to blow us away.

Posted via CB10
    Hope - that enough people buy the device to be profitable and make another..

Fear - Last BlackBerry named device to ever be produced....
    pizzawheel likes this.
    02-23-17 01:47 PM
    If it were BlackBerry, I'd say they would 'announce' it at MWC as "Coming this spring!" so you know it won't hit the stores till late May at earliest. And it would be a staggered release, one or two carriers at a time. And priced at US$599 or more.

But seeing as it's TCL, I really have no idea what to expect. With luck it will be available immediately, everywhere, and at a decent price.
    pizzawheel and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-23-17 01:47 PM
    At this point, a TCL produced BlackBerry is a realized hope of itself. All the Palm fans are still waiting for their TCL produced, branded Palm devices... LOL
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-23-17 01:51 PM
    Hello all,

the board is filled with a lot of topics and so on, but I wanted to check, what CONFIDENCE-level you have regarding the Merc and your FEARS / HOPESwith perspective to the upcoming reveal on Saturday, that will answer the last questions (final specs, delivery, pricing, features, final design ...) ? With the poll, a bit of interactivity is added here :-)

With having seen the pre-final device, everyone can already imagine, if this device does meet his / her needs or not. If you decided to buy this beauty, then the last open answers perhaps only decide surroundings - if you are an early-adopter @ higher pricing ... This means, we have quiet a good picture, what we should expect.

- Confidence-Level on current Merc: 9 / 10 meaning high confidence as it would completely fulfill my needs (First Android + PBK is a no-brainer for me)
    - Fear: Release after March, 31st, specs are lower then rumored, pricing > 500 EUR
    - My hopes / suprises: A deep-dive through Nougat is shown on Saturday - coming a long with nice software-surprises, Great Camera-Performance is already confirmed (Pixel-Sensor), 4GB of Ram would be great

How do you feel? What would be your fears and let-downs for the reveal ?
    From past experience I will wait a month or so. I do anticipate that the first run may have bugs so I wil wait a month or so.
    02-23-17 01:53 PM
    From past experience I will wait a month or so. I do anticipate that the first run may have bugs so I wil wait a month or so.
    "From past experience... " BlackBerry built the other models.. This is a TCL build. So can't say forsure this may or may not have bugs/techical issues
    02-23-17 02:00 PM
    No offence but my worst fear is that I may stumble upon this thread again :-)
    Nathan Conley and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-23-17 02:11 PM
    I fear the price point will be greater than $500 USD, and it will only have 3GB RAM. Everything I've read said nougat really needs 4 GB of RAM to really run smoothly. This would future proof the device.

It's all speculation at this point. But
    Last edited by Nathan Conley; 02-23-17 at 10:27 PM.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    02-23-17 02:32 PM
    I think the release date is the only thing that would annoy me. Hopefully it's sometime in March. Though I don't think the phone has passed through the FCC just yet.
    02-23-17 03:04 PM
    I have many fears. Predominantly high price and long wait for release. But also cheap build quality, poor specs, poor user experience due to lag, bad battery, poor camera, or sub par speakers.

Prove me wrong TCL!

I already am not a fan of the material on the back of the device. Looks cheap. Really wish it had woven glass faux carbon fibre. Love that material! Durable, feels nice in the hand, grippy, and looks stellar. I hope the keys are comfortable to use. From the images I'm not confident with the glossy glass buttons. I hope they look better in person too!
    02-23-17 03:34 PM
    Price point
    02-23-17 03:55 PM
    The internals being sub par to the Priv, Dtek 50 and Dtek 60.
    02-23-17 03:59 PM
    Many, many fears.. Some which have already been said.. But hoping for the best. Will purchase regardless.
    02-23-17 04:01 PM
    Fears:
    Too big and heavy, no RGB, it's the last PKB device.

Hopes:
    BlackBerry's Android Nougat acts like BB10.
    02-23-17 05:22 PM
    At this point, a TCL produced BlackBerry is a realized hope of itself. All the Palm fans are still waiting for their TCL produced, branded Palm devices... LOL
    Oh no, now my worst fear is that it will be called the BlackBerry PALM.
    02-23-17 05:29 PM
    "From past experience... " BlackBerry built the other models.. This is a TCL build. So can't say forsure this may or may not have bugs/techical issues
    BlackBerry built only a few special market devices. Just like Apple's iPhones, almost all BlackBerry's were made by others.

I'm not aware of any "bugs/technical issues" with the DTEKs, but I remember there were issues with many of the BB10 phones "made by BlackBerry".
    02-23-17 06:26 PM
    It needs to be fully released (including Verizon) before the Galaxy S8 is announced in March.
    I wouldn't worry to much about the S8, much more the Moto G5-series.
    02-23-17 08:43 PM
    Fears:
    Too big and heavy, no RGB, it's the last PKB device.

Hopes:
    BlackBerry's Android Nougat acts like BB10.
    RGB is great. But I've lived without it. The audio alert is what gets my attention anyways.

Android N will add several mixed use battery hours , with the 625 nearly equaling that as well.

Throw in a 4.2-4.5 " FHD screen and this may prove to be the battery endurance champ of Android.

Probably close to the Priv in weight though.
    02-23-17 10:30 PM
    Oh yes, RGB is still pending and is hopefully clarified during MWC. Another thing that is not perfect is the fact that the Merc is not able to lay flat on the table due to the big camera lens. But this is quite common nowadays.

Though it is only looking at a crystal ball, i would like to see indications for an immediate release during March:

- pros: device is showing up everywhere - so carriers might already test it, first company in the MWC time-schedule, amount of teasers by Cistulli, first accessoires are showing up with availability March, 1st (one even retweeted by Cistulli), fast launch of other DTEKs, long development period for Vienna / Mercury, TCL is experienced and is pushy, (at least Blackberrys financial period is closed during Q1), lauch before other big players,
    - cons: missing FCC-validation, Newsletter signup indicates for me a longer waiting-period, Whatsapp on BB10 is supported until June 17,

That JC announced something for end of January is only seen as neutral point as it is meaningless ;-D.

That we saw during the CES already / only a pre-production device i can't bring into a context, because i don't know the common lead-times for mobile-devices.
    02-24-17 12:42 AM
    Fear is definitely the release date. I remember having to wait roughly 8 months for Q10 to hit Australia lol
    02-24-17 01:15 AM
76 123 ...