ahhhhh marriage, such a wonderful thing...
    Yep, lol. Fortunately I'm not addicted to my phone like most people are.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-10-17 11:28 PM
    I believe the Mercury and even the Priv supports swipe to type on the PKB, so perhaps it would help the sound a bit if you used it.
    01-10-17 11:45 PM
    Yep, lol. Fortunately I'm not addicted to my phone like most people are.

I don't believe you're not addicted to your phone like most people are. You're one of the guys who could write a book about every aspect of phone use, especially the one with keyboard and trackpad. You sir, are addicted to your phone =)

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 12:34 AM
    ahhhhh marriage, such a wonderful thing...
    I feel sorry for your guys. My wife to be (in 2 months) has hearing problems. I don't think she hears my keyboard clicks as much, bit I'll try to find out.

I know my ex heard it on the 9900 and she used to get pissed at me when I typed in the early morning. xD

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 12:37 AM
    What would you be left with? One inch of screen?
    Agreed. I don't think it will come with an on screen keyboard. The PRIV only came with a on screen keyboard because you can use it as a full touch device and you not need to use the keys. Plus there is plenty of space to accommodate the keys on screen. It almost feels silly to purchase a phone with a qwerty keyboard and then use the on screen keys and have a massive portion of the phone sticking out below your fingers haha.
    01-11-17 07:40 AM
    The above arguments all considered, what portion will extra symbols, those from the "SYS" key...
    And auto corrections options by the way... Would they take 2 rows or 3?
    01-11-17 08:35 AM
    I don't believe you're not addicted to your phone like most people are. You're one of the guys who could write a book about every aspect of phone use, especially the one with keyboard and trackpad. You sir, are addicted to your phone =)

Posted via CB10
    Lol, well, when I'm using it I care about how efficient it is. And actually if you've paid attention to what I've been saying, it's all to complete things in fewer steps. Which is particularly to get things done quicker to get OFF the phone sooner...

01-11-17 08:49 AM
    I feel sorry for your guys. My wife to be (in 2 months) has hearing problems. I don't think she hears my keyboard clicks as much, bit I'll try to find out.

I know my ex heard it on the 9900 and she used to get pissed at me when I typed in the early morning. xD

Posted via CB10
    Lol, well, good for typing, bad for when you need to explain something three times to her... Congrats in advance BTW. Love is a beautiful thing. :-)

01-11-17 08:50 AM
    Lol, well, good for typing, bad for when you need to explain something three times to her... Congrats in advance BTW. Love is a beautiful thing. :-)

Thanks, it's the most beautiful thing. The thing is I don't have to explain things multiple times to her. It's just the smaller things she doesn't hear like the door bell when there are other sounds come from closeby. I never knew she had hearing problems until she told me herself.

I did ask her about keyboard sounds this afternoon and she said she never hears them, even when it's quiet and I'm next to her typing. Let's hope it stays like that with the Mercury xD

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 08:57 AM
    +1 good point
    That was how I used my Torch back in the old days. Use the slide out keyboard for English and slide it back to use software input to write a few Chinese characters. Toggle at ease and quickly.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 09:30 AM
    Initially I was sure that I saw an (international) review vid of the Merc that showed the vkb, but they used a Priv to illustrate the Swype mechanism LOL. Didn't the capacitive keyboard have/has Swype possibility also?

Anyways, seems the vkb is gone when you would have to make a conclusion based on this vid:
    (vkb doesn't pop-up when the guy in the vid tapped on the screen to enter some text):

@1:28:

Of course, there could be a setting that hides the vkb and it could also be that the bottom half greyed-out screen is where you could normally find the vkb, but idk. But the big grey-out bottom half doesn't make sense to me. If you're for instance learning a language (w/ cyrillic alphabet) and you're reading a web-site in a foreign language and want to look-up a long word/ have another glance at the context in which that word is used, it would make sense that you can still see the web-site in the now greyed-out area, in case you forget how to spell it correctly/what the exact context was, in stead of deleting the text entry in order to have another look on the correct spelling/context in which the word is used.
    Mercury virtual keyboard?-blackberry-mercury-our-first-take-full-hd-1920x1080p-.mp4-00_01_3300001.jpg
    Last edited by WT44; 01-11-17 at 11:30 AM.
    01-11-17 09:31 AM
    well, if she won't kick you/give you the look/other "turn that $%&% off now!" gestures in the middle of the night when you are typing something, she is a keeper!

i am just kidding, i feel lucky to have an amazing wife, and i know that everyone in here feel the same way towards their other half

congratulations, i hope you two have a wonderful life together

Thanks, it's the most beautiful thing. The thing is I don't have to explain things multiple times to her. It's just the smaller things she doesn't hear like the door bell when there are other sounds come from closeby. I never knew she had hearing problems until she told me herself.

I did ask her about keyboard sounds this afternoon and she said she never hears them, even when it's quiet and I'm next to her typing. Let's hope it stays like that with the Mercury xD

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 09:51 AM
    Agreed. I don't think it will come with an on screen keyboard. The PRIV only came with a on screen keyboard because you can use it as a full touch device and you not need to use the keys. Plus there is plenty of space to accommodate the keys on screen. It almost feels silly to purchase a phone with a qwerty keyboard and then use the on screen keys and have a massive portion of the phone sticking out below your fingers haha.
    I'm now thinking that as long as the virtual keyboard will function properly within the minimal screen area available, it could be disabled by default with the option to enable it, however limited-time it's use may be.

For example for texting there would be about an inch and a quarter left to view messages.
    01-11-17 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well lucky you then, haha.

01-11-17 10:07 AM
    In a similar vein, will a vkb pop up when the phone is turn horizontally? Curious to know what will happen in landscape mode. Would you still be able to type on the pkb? No such issue with my Classic as there is no screen rotation.

My link to this question is posted here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1048809

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    01-11-17 10:52 AM
    In a similar vein, will a vkb pop up when the phone is turn horizontally? Curious to know what will happen in landscape mode. Would you still be able to type on the pkb? No such issue with my Classic as there is no screen rotation.
    If it works in vertical mode, it should work in horizontal mode as well.
    01-11-17 06:06 PM
41 12