I don't think the this new phone will help blackberry. The 4.5in screen will void one of if not the best option of android 7.0 the ability to run 2 apps at once. BlackBerry fans may love this phone and buy it but the non blackberry fans will not even look at it. The 4.5in screen will be the down fall of this phone.
    12-07-16 09:33 PM
    I don't think the this new phone will help blackberry. The 4.5in screen will void one of if not the best option of android 7.0 the ability to run 2 apps at once. BlackBerry fans may love this phone and buy it but the non blackberry fans will not even look at it. The 4.5in screen will be the down fall of this phone.
    Not everyone wants a big screen sized phone.
    12-07-16 10:40 PM
    Big phones are going to fade.. you watch.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 11:11 PM
    If they actually stick with a 4.5" screen or even 4", I would be one happy buyer.
    12-07-16 11:23 PM
    PKB folk would be just as happy with a small screen and a 9900 trackpad. The strengths of a good PKB are in mailing and texting. Ideally like to see a smaller trackpad device and the Mercury.

Please do not name it a DETK.

Posted via CB10
    JD_CB likes this.
    12-07-16 11:42 PM
    Why do people conclude their personal preference would apply to ALL customers?
    12-08-16 01:45 AM
    Actually it won't. Since you have a physical keyboard, you can scroll in each of the windowed apps in splitscreen without touching the screen. And also typing in one of the windows without taking away as much space as virtual keyboards do

So for example you have the Dtek 60 with big screen, but the virtual keyboard would cover half of it anyway. So there is no benefit of it.
    Only the priv benefits of it because of the slideout keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren, JD_CB and PantherBlitz like this.
    12-08-16 02:50 AM
    And also. Since you have a smaller screen than for example the passport, and its also OLED (or amoled?), and has the same battery power, it will last much longer I think. Because the passports bigger screen sucks more battery and it's LCD

Posted via CB10
    BBDav_10 likes this.
    12-08-16 02:53 AM
    Non-BlackBerry fans won't be looking at it anyways, because those folks usually don't want a physical QWERTY anyways. Having a fixed, "always there" PKB always means limitations of the screensize, otherwise you and up with an absurdly tall phone, almost like those joke photoshop pics which appeared after the iPhone 5 was announced.

Of course you could go wider, just like the Passport, but for multimedia and entertainment related stuff this won't really help. Then you'd also again have people complaining about the increased width of the phone.

IMHO the Mercury is, like the Passport, a pretty true workhorse device and not really something you'd get if you are a heavy mobile gamer or Netflix addict.
    BBDav_10 likes this.
    12-08-16 06:57 AM
    Lots of people are using iPhone 5s which only have a 4 inch diagonal screen and the iPhone 6 is only 4.7 inches.
    12-08-16 06:08 PM
    The screen size isn't going to make someone buy or not buy. The candybar PKB is a differentiator that will make buyers out of people.
    JD_CB likes this.
    12-08-16 08:19 PM
    actually, the small screen provide advantage for BB. the 5 on the buy rating small compact phone looks awful... Mercury will stand out very well if it launch asap... (within a month or two). - besides Z3 compact, all of other 4 just boring design...
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/11...uying/?gbmsl=1
    Last edited by stlabrat; 12-09-16 at 09:49 AM.
    JD_CB likes this.
    12-09-16 08:40 AM
    actually, the small screen provide advantage for BB. the 5 on the buy rating small compact phone look awful... Mercury will stand out very well if it launch asap... (within a month or two). - besides Z3 compact, all of other 4 just boring design...
    5 Small Screen Android Phones Worth Buying
    12-09-16 08:41 AM
    I can't even count how many times I heard people say they wanted the Xperia X Compact, if only the specs weren't so bad for its asking price.

And you don't know what a question mark means. They are for questions, you're just trying to shove your personal opinion up others, that's not asking a question.
    12-09-16 09:15 AM
    A little bit reminder that 4.5" screen with 3:2 ratio is about the same size as 4.67" screen with 16:9 ratio
    12-09-16 09:56 AM
    I don't like to search for similar threads. I like to create my own ones!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ution-1094132/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hanks-1091523/
    12-09-16 10:13 AM
    The BlackBerry Priv has edge to edge glass screen on the left and right. This smartphone is not fragile because of it.
    I certainly felt it was and it was one of the reasons I got rid of it.
    JD_CB likes this.
    12-09-16 10:23 AM
    I will get one in the future. I just got my priv so it's not going to happen right away, but I think the size of the screen and phone in general will be a win for me.
    I like compact phones and I don't mind a smaller screen. I think right the market has gone crazy with these screens. How big can a pocket be? Lol

Posted via CB10
    JD_CB likes this.
    12-09-16 10:42 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry is counting on anybody but us BlackBerry fans to buy it. Unless they're really that delusional.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 10:47 AM
    The screen size isn't going to make someone buy or not buy. The candybar PKB is a differentiator that will make buyers out of people.
    I love my Passport and its PKB, but screen size is more important to me than the PKB. Purely because I like the screen size for my work, and BB has a great VKB.
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    12-09-16 10:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure if it's going to be a flop, it won't be because of split screen.
    12-09-16 10:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure if it's going to be a flop, it won't be because of split screen.
    Only if you are expecting them to sell more than a few hundred thousand units. I doubt Chen expects that, so I don't think it will be a flop in BlackBerry's eyes.
    12-09-16 11:57 AM
    I guarantee you that BlackBerry is already looking at this device as a loss. Even though they'll likely charge 799 USD for it, they won't make money. They've proven many times over that they simply cannot make a profit on hardware anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 12:51 PM
    I guarantee you that BlackBerry is already looking at this device as a loss. Even though they'll likely charge 799 USD for it, they won't make money. They've proven many times over that they simply cannot make a profit on hardware anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I believe all of the BlackBerry Android devices are being sold at a net profit, plus I thought the BlackBerry Passport was also selling at a profit. Probably the Z10 and PlayBook were the only recent devices which BlackBerry could not turn a profit on, but they did produce a ton of Z10s which is another reason why the write off was so high.
    12-09-16 01:38 PM
    it's not the size of the boat that's matter, it's the motion of the ocean
    12-09-16 01:41 PM
50 12