Can see that blackberry designed this device ,

Honestly after seeing the pictures and the hands on and how it moves through menus, it's definitely a 625 inside and a huge battery because the device is quite thick.

I'm very happy with how this device came out, it's honestly a a true blackberry fans dream this and il be proud to have this in my holster soon.

Hope you all feel the same, please support mercury , I don't want this to be the last pkb android device.
    ssilva7, Barbareren, kitmo and 2 others like this.
    01-04-17 11:26 AM
    Can see that blackberry designed this device ,

Honestly after seeing the pictures and the hands on and how it moves through menus, it's definitely a 625 inside and a huge battery because the device is quite thick.

I'm very happy with how this device came out, it's honestly a a true blackberry fans dream this and il be proud to have this in my holster soon.

Hope you all feel the same, please support mercury , I don't want this to be the last pkb android device.
    I would agree that based on the thickness they did put a large battery in it....

What is clear from the few video's I've seen.... this isn't the production device. So things may change a little....
    01-04-17 12:02 PM
    It's so beautiful in fact, it made think twice about my Priv !
    I'm seriously thinking about getting it, no sliding mechanism -> less chance of something breaking, and that metal frame is a nice reminder of my Passport (which is still in my eyes the best phone BlackBerry will ever make)
    Guess I'll have to wait and see the specs, any idea or rumours about that ?
    01-04-17 12:09 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I find the style on this ugly. The teaser videos were in grayscale and had me expecting a jet black or matte black finish.
    01-04-17 12:37 PM

I find the style on this ugly. The teaser videos were in grayscale and had me expecting a jet black or matte black finish.
    My sentiments exactly. I'll buy it, but I wish the design was closer to the Q10/Classic.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-04-17 02:58 PM
    I think it's a mix of BlackBerry designed and TCL advised.

The rounded edges are so iPhone. Not BlackBerry at all.

But since that's what's in and lots of phones have that, I think TCL is using existing tooling for a more cost efficient manufacturing cost per device
    01-04-17 04:29 PM
    The silver trim is not appealing. Gun metal or all black is what was needed. The Passport looked okay with it. This one just looks cheap...To me.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-04-17 04:38 PM
    The silver trim is not appealing. Gun metal or all black is what was needed. The Passport looked okay with it. This one just looks cheap...To me.
    A black metal frame like on the Q10 would've been nice too. But I think the bare metal here compliments the silver strips between the keyboard's rows, as it did on the Passport.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-04-17 04:53 PM
    I agree with you. To my taste the device looks absolutely beautiful and I am completely sold for it !
    If the battery life is similar with the one of the passport it will be the best BlackBerry ever built !
    I am looking forward to buy it when available !
    UrbanGlowCam and kitmo like this.
    01-04-17 04:57 PM
    I think it looks terrible. Back looks cheap, camera lens looks odd, top bezel is horrid. Need to anodize the whole phone in matte black in my opinion and then it could be a huge winner. Right now...it looks like a ton of old Blackberry parts cobbled together from excess inventory. Zero design cleanliness and unification like Priv and Passport. Keyboard does look really nice though. Very disappointed overall.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-04-17 05:39 PM

As it is with every every every single thing people called beauty.

I do like the device and I don't care about the silver top. If I would get things base on their beauty (which is on the eye of the beholder anyway) I would have all kinds of beauty that don't necessarily do what I really would like them to, but hey, it's beautiful so it doesn't matter, right?

My advise to people here is this. It is good to talk and interact with each other I myself come here to hear other people's perspective and opinion. Just try the phone and imagine yourself using the phone and if you think it would work then get it if you can and forget about what people say. Just remember that you're the beholder of that beauty
    01-04-17 06:59 PM
    Better be a huge battery, that's one portly looking phone, fat as a priv without the benefit of a slider?

Full tactical black would be. Nice option, I like it but it's a little Frankenstein.
    01-04-17 07:29 PM
    It is the ugliest phone BlackBerry has ever made. Oh,no, I made a mistake. BlackBerry doesn't make the phone. It is TCL that does the design and the manufacturing. Look at the keyboard. It is a disaster. As for the spec, does anybody know Qualcomm has just announced S835? And the mid-range 6 series has come to S652. What is in the heart of Mercury? S625!!! I really hope I am so go damned wrong about the news that it does have S625.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 09:26 PM
    I agree with you. To my taste the device looks absolutely beautiful and I am completely sold for it !
    If the battery life is similar with the one of the passport it will be the best BlackBerry ever built !

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 09:40 PM
    No android device will ever come close to the battery life of a BlackBerry Passport. Android constantly has apps and other things running in the background. Android does give one the option to disable certain apps that run in the background but it's just not enough IMHO

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 09:43 PM
    Lol. "Old parts thrown together"
    01-04-17 10:06 PM
    It is the ugliest phone BlackBerry has ever made. Oh,no, I made a mistake. BlackBerry doesn't make the phone. It is TCL that does the design and the manufacturing. Look at the keyboard. It is a disaster. As for the spec, does anybody know Qualcomm has just announced S835? And the mid-range 6 series has come to S652. What is in the heart of Mercury? S625!!! I really hope I am so go damned wrong about the news that it does have S625.

Posted via CB10
    This is actually the last in house design from BlackBerry, this is not a TCL design.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    01-04-17 10:10 PM
    I mean, I'll probably end up getting it if it doesn't have build quality problems like the Priv, but it's sad that they cheaped out on the processor.

I know how android is with the lag and, considering that I do want to stay with BlackBerry, it would be insane to switch to this from a Passport. Cobalts Play Store still hasn't failed me and I've paid for all of the best native apps from BlackBerry World.

If Cobalts solution stops working, I'll probably move to the Mercury, but for now, I have no incentive to switch. But I know, besides app selection, the Android Mercury will be a downgrade to my Passport in terms of fluidity and speed.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 10:18 PM
    I really like the styling: Passport SE inspired. With the right specs I'll buy this phone and embrace Android...with the Hub. But I'll keep my passports too.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 10:28 PM
    I like it. It looks like a pint of beer. Black on the bottom in the front and back. Silver on the top in the front and back. Looks gorgeous. Love the keyboard. Love the textured back. Love the huge camera lens.

Posted via CB10
    pizzawheel likes this.
    01-04-17 10:30 PM
    No android device will ever come close to the battery life of a BlackBerry Passport. Android constantly has apps and other things running in the background. Android does give one the option to disable certain apps that run in the background but it's just not enough IMHO

Posted via CB10
    There are tons of Android phones that surpass passport in battery life easily and then some.
    01-04-17 10:52 PM
    There are tons of Android phones that surpass passport in battery life easily and then some.
    Name them.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 11:21 PM

It's not BlackBerry or TCL's style to copy Apple phone design directly. That's for Samsung and Google. I find the new Mercury to be a beautiful evolution of BlackBerry design, as if the company tried to imagine its own Porsche Design-like device. If this sells, I hope that will it save BlackBerry hardware.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    anon(9710735) and pizzawheel like this.
    01-05-17 12:01 AM
    Sorry to break it to you, but if this device sells (I hope it does, I like the look and from the specs list it would be my perfect 'second device'), it will only reinforce the decision to hand over hardware design and manufacturing to TCL.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed ✓
    pizzawheel likes this.
    01-05-17 12:08 AM
    The bb10 guys need to let that boat sail now, it's over guys. Your device officially has no more software support from anybody except maybe a few apps still on the BlackBerry store.

This is the perfect phone to move over to.

I do agree with everyone above , why pay a premium price for a mid ranged speccd phone.

Truth be told I don't mind paying 750 use for this if it has the best specs inside.

625 in it and sure yeah, il buy it but my eyes will wander at the other slaps with higher and better tech that I can get for cheaper and better.

In the end that's what a consumer is. Looking to get best value for money.

Still a great device though,

On a sour note. If there's no name for this and no specs have been leaked yet, this device won't be released to us very soon. I figure we got atleast couple months to wait.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-05-17 12:20 AM
39 12