How is the iPhone hardware "kind of old", please explain.

Posted via CB10
    Easy, when they are using a model of CPU or an amount of RAM other companies are using a newer CPU version and more RAM, even when it works about the same speed, while others sells "the new faster and improve X thing and new never seen before 35 features" Apple just release a good marketing ads.
    01-27-17 08:26 AM
    Sounds to me like the DTEK60 has become the Z30, based on the OP's views.. Great phone which nobody has ever heard of.

Posted via CB10
    This is a very good analogy. I had both. The Z30 was by far the best BlackBerry phone, imo, if you could accept no pkb. Yet it was invisible. Amazing.

I also agree with the post about the lack of visibility at the carriers and stores. It's not enough to be marketed on television or whatever. In my experience, the att stores either don't carry the phone, don't show the phone to customers, dont train their salespeople about the phone, or explicitly speak negatively about the phone to walk in customers. All of these have been my personal experience here in Palo Alto.
    01-27-17 08:31 AM
    Easy, when they are using a model of CPU or an amount of RAM other companies are using a newer CPU version and more RAM, even when it works about the same speed, while others sells "the new faster and improve X thing and new never seen before 35 features" Apple just release a good marketing ads.
    However Apple uses proprietary chipsets and CPU so no other company is using a "newer version" of anything theirs; Apple are also at least as "innovative" with their new features as the n+1 manufacturers churning out Anrdoid-running slabs.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    02-04-17 04:00 PM
    Everyone here is always on about marketing but you have to think about the product and what it was engineered for. BlackBerry has never been a consumer device. It tried to push for that market four years ago. Didn't work. Why? Consumers don't care about security, productivity, BES servers, device management, and separating public/private workspaces. All the key features of BlackBerry didn't resonate with consumers. And on top of that, ridiculously high prices. I can't believe people still fail to understand...there is nothing about BB10 or BlackBerry Android that is marketable to the average consumer...and I mean features that truly matter to them...that they can't already get from almost any (Android) device. What is the point spending hundreds of millions on marketing...to tell people they are wrong and should buy your product anyway? Lol.

BlackBerry is a great niche product and should always have a solid following amongst certain clientèle. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by kputock; 02-04-17 at 06:05 PM.
    02-04-17 05:55 PM
    Exactly. Z30. The awesome BB10 that no one knew about.
    Isn't this the truth!! The Z30 was the best phone of its time. My ONLY disappointment was the camera. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be using it.

The comparison to the DTEK60 is spot on. And it has an excellent camera.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 06:10 PM
    Oh boehoe another wining thread about something in the past. Why can't you guys just be happy, but have to constantly drag past history into the equation. It's just plan sad and childish.

Should I buy the Mecury or buy the first telephone? Should I but the Mecury or buy a goldfish? How does the Mecury compare to a paper notebook? How does the Mecury compare to a tesla? How about take your comparison and deliberate try to lure our negatively threads somewhere else?

I seriously haven't seen so much negativity and whining on a forum in my life than here. It's like if people are paid to infuse confusion and negativity here.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-04-17 06:31 PM
    Oh boehoe another wining thread about something in the past. Why can't you guys just be happy, but have to constantly drag past history into the equation. It's just plan sad and childish.

Should I buy the Mecury or buy the first telephone? Should I but the Mecury or buy a goldfish? How does the Mecury compare to a paper notebook? How does the Mecury compare to a tesla? How about take your comparison and deliberate try to lure our negatively threads somewhere else?

I seriously haven't seen so much negativity and whining on a forum in my life than here. It's like if people are paid to infuse confusion and negativity here.

Posted via CB10
    Just look at the whining and crying on facebook after the elections. CB forums will look like the most positive forum on earth after that, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    twopack likes this.
    02-05-17 08:19 AM
    Nothing can match the whining and crying on Fox "news" since forever.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 09:14 AM
    Nothing can match the whining and crying on Fox "news" since forever.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Smh.
    02-05-17 12:00 PM
    Yes, well he started it in whining and crying tone.
    02-05-17 12:16 PM
    Lol. Smh.
    I love when people single out one news station as if the other news actually gives you facts, haha. Wonder when they realize all they are doing is trading one biased station for another one... LOL

02-05-17 12:39 PM
    Yes, well he started it in whining and crying tone.
    Wait, did I just read a "he started it!" rebuttal?? LMAO.

I think the proper response would be "no, YOU did!" :-D

02-05-17 12:40 PM
    However Apple uses proprietary chipsets and CPU so no other company is using a "newer version" of anything theirs; Apple are also at least as "innovative" with their new features as the n+1 manufacturers churning out Anrdoid-running slabs.
    right but not accurate, when most companies are using for example a 14 nm chipset Apple (btw only for CPU and few chipsets) is using 20 nm, other chipsets from other brands, like bluetooth, haptics and more are usually one or two generations old.
    02-05-17 01:50 PM
    DTEK60 was probably never meant to sell big, maybe just a test for the TCL partnership. Or BB was just incompetent. Equally likely.

There's not much to market; it's a rebranded Alcatel, as we all know.
    The DTEK 60 could have been a huge shabang to set the trajectory forward so I'm surprised nobody had the foresight to position it that way. I really question the marketing department as Blackberry always faltered with every device they launched since Q10. Why is this!?!?
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 02-13-17 at 05:02 PM.
    02-13-17 10:12 AM
    The DTEK 60 could have been a huge shabang to set the trajectory forward so I'm surprised nobody had the foresight to position it that way. I really question the marketing Dept as it always faltered with every de ice it launched since Q10. Why is this!?!?
    You need carrier support which is not there for a BlackBerry all touch. Maybe the Mercury will get some carrier support. Hopefully we will see a BlackBerry inspired all touch in the future.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 11:12 AM
    Yup, like a one night stand...LOL

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 03:09 PM
41 12