I think I prefere bb10 to be honest but I can't deal with all the missing apps.. Or having to do all those workarounds
    01-19-17 08:30 PM
    i doubt they will because the manufacturing costs would go up to be able to allow for all of this.
    01-19-17 09:23 PM
    First people wanted an android passport. Blackberry came up with mercury, the closest one can get to an android passport.
    Now you want a bb10 mercury. What's the point?? I mean, just buy an OG passport.
    What's the point in putting a Harley engine into a Victory & then asking for a Harley with a Victory engine?? Simply buy the Harley.
    I think bb10 is over & out.
    Blackberry will concentrate on android now. Maybe they will develop their own mobile services & use only the free android part, that is, if they make money with this new licensing strategy. I guess if that happens, almost all the issues people have with android will be solved.
    We can just hope & wish for the success of the new mercury.
    01-20-17 12:25 PM
    First people wanted an android passport. Blackberry came up with mercury, the closest one can get to an android passport.
    Now you want a bb10 mercury. What's the point?? I mean, just buy an OG passport.
    What's the point in putting a Harley engine into a Victory & then asking for a Harley with a Victory engine?? Simply buy the Harley.
    I think bb10 is over & out.
    Blackberry will concentrate on android now. Maybe they will develop their own mobile services & use only the free android part, that is, if they make money with this new licensing strategy. I guess if that happens, almost all the issues people have with android will be solved.
    We can just hope & wish for the success of the new mercury.
    This is off-topic, but your comment made me think of it, but I hate it when people in movies say "over and out" through the radio... If you're playing a guy in the military, take 10 minutes to learn proper radio etiquette for crying out loud...

Ok, sorry, carry on folks. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-20-17 12:46 PM
    This is off-topic, but your comment made me think of it, but I hate it when people in movies say "over and out" through the radio... If you're playing a guy in the military, take 10 minutes to learn proper radio etiquette for crying out loud...

Ok, sorry, carry on folks. :-P

Ok, I stand corrected. Bb10 is over but not out. In other words, it is done with.
    01-20-17 01:32 PM
    01-20-17 01:54 PM
    Ok, I stand corrected. Bb10 is over but not out. In other words, it is done with.
    Well, you're not using it in the same context, so it doesn't count for you. But in terms of radio etiquette "over" and "out" have contradicting meanings, but for some reason the movies have it in their minds that you say "over and out" at the end of the transmission, and it's so annoying for me, lol.

01-20-17 02:11 PM
    Well, you're not using it in the same context, so it doesn't count for you. But in terms of radio etiquette "over" and "out" have contradicting meanings, but for some reason the movies have it in their minds that you say "over and out" at the end of the transmission, and it's so annoying for me, lol.

Cool.
    01-20-17 02:41 PM
    What is the right phrase(s)? I'm just curious, (I didn't serve in the military)
    01-20-17 02:52 PM
    What is the right phrase(s)? I'm just curious, (I didn't serve in the military)
    Depends on what you mean. "Over" means you're done with your statement and you're awaiting their answer. "Out" means that the conversation is over (and can only be done by the person who started the conversation). So in short, "Over" means "you talk now" while "out" means "shut up." So "over and out" means "you talk now, shut up."

Other things I hear a lot in movies is when someone did not hear what someone said he/she will say "repeat" or they want to say something twice to make sure the other person heard and they will say "I repeat." "Repeat" over the radio means to send another artillery round to the same coordinates... The proper thing to say in that situation is "say again."

Oh, and "Roger wilco" is another thing. "Roger" means you understand, while "Wilco" means you will comply to an order given...

app_Developer likes this.
    01-20-17 03:18 PM
    Depends on what you mean. "Over" means you're done with your statement and you're awaiting their answer. "Out" means that the conversation is over (and can only be done by the person who started the conversation). So in short, "Over" means "you talk now" while "out" means "shut up." So "over and out" means "you talk now, shut up."

Other things I hear a lot in movies is when someone did not hear what someone said he/she will say "repeat" or they want to say something twice to make sure the other person heard and they will say "I repeat." "Repeat" over the radio means to send another artillery round to the same coordinates... The proper thing to say in that situation is "say again."

Oh, and "Roger wilco" is another thing. "Roger" means you understand, while "Wilco" means you will comply to an order given...

Now that was quite some info.
    01-20-17 03:34 PM
    Yeah I think BB10 will not be available on the "Mercury" device
    01-20-17 04:08 PM
    No.
    No.
    No
    No.
    No.
    The poor horse!
    I think its a very solid no from many hahah. Lets just move onto Android and make it the best i can possibly be

Mercury with BB10 OS?-itsanofromme.jpg
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-23-17 04:00 AM
    At the end of the day, bb10 is over. Corporations adopt what the consumer market uses. IOS and android rule the market.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:38 AM
    At the end of the day, bb10 is over. Corporations adopt what the consumer market uses. IOS and android rule the market.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and who lose with that? As always, we do. The costumers.
    01-23-17 07:10 AM
    Same here, I've owned all types of android, galaxy to LG. It's only the odd apps. Android slows down. To do basic things on android is nightmare. The OS looks childish, like it was made for 13 year girl lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 09:23 AM
    Yes, and who lose with that? As always, we do. The costumers.
    I don't know, 99% of people seem pretty satisfied with the iOS/Android setup, catering to the 1% contrarians/Luddites doesn't make business sense. Having used a couple Chromecasts, Play Music, and just a fraction of a percent of the myriad apps available in the Play Store I don't see myself leaving those anytime soon. And this is coming from someone who had BB10 from day one (February 5 2013 to November 6 2015), so don't assume I'm just some marauder out to trigger people (not that that isn't fun ;p). Of course, it did help that I had already built up somewhat of an app library for Android with Cobalt's Play Store for some time, but that's just indicative of the draw of the ecosystem.

A common refrain from the 1% is "it does it out of the box", but that's akin to pushing on a door and complaining on the Internet when it doesn't open. And insisting that something is the best just because it's preloaded is, to my view, only there because decent alternatives for it are few and far between on BB10. Whereas on Android, if one doesn't like, say, Google Photos, there's a glut of picture gallery apps out there, so much so that there are guides to hold one's hand if personally evaluating an app is tiresome. Which it shouldn't be, but it seems indolence is bliss.

My point is, "the consumers" aren't losing, far from it. Phones are more than just email clients, they can essentially do anything if they have developer support from first and third parties, neither of which is present on BB10. The day when BB10 finally slips the surly bonds of Earth (assuming it hasn't already in the practical sense) would be an awakening, not a tragedy.
    01-23-17 11:55 AM
    I don't know, 99% of people seem pretty satisfied with the iOS/Android setup, catering to the 1% contrarians/Luddites doesn't make business sense. Having used a couple Chromecasts, Play Music, and just a fraction of a percent of the myriad apps available in the Play Store I don't see myself leaving those anytime soon. And this is coming from someone who had BB10 from day one (February 5 2013 to November 6 2015), so don't assume I'm just some marauder out to trigger people (not that that isn't fun ;p). Of course, it did help that I had already built up somewhat of an app library for Android with Cobalt's Play Store for some time, but that's just indicative of the draw of the ecosystem.

A common refrain from the 1% is "it does it out of the box", but that's akin to pushing on a door and complaining on the Internet when it doesn't open. And insisting that something is the best just because it's preloaded is, to my view, only there because decent alternatives for it are few and far between on BB10. Whereas on Android, if one doesn't like, say, Google Photos, there's a glut of picture gallery apps out there, so much so that there are guides to hold one's hand if personally evaluating an app is tiresome. Which it shouldn't be, but it seems indolence is bliss.

My point is, "the consumers" aren't losing, far from it. Phones are more than just email clients, they can essentially do anything if they have developer support from first and third parties, neither of which is present on BB10. The day when BB10 finally slips the surly bonds of Earth (assuming it hasn't already in the practical sense) would be an awakening, not a tragedy.
    Except it's the corporations telling the consumers what they want, not the other way around. A lot of people ask me for advice on tech, and literally every person who told me they wanted a pkb ended up getting an all-touch simply because they were told that it's "uncool" to have a pkb... Not saying they make up a majority, but it's far more than 1% that have expressed to me that they wanted a pkb when I asked them what their must-have features are. I guess it isn't must-have enough for them to look "uncool" though... You're only lying to yourself if you think that the phone manufacturers, and the app developers, do not push to only have one format to make everything. It benefits them, not us. But hey, I know, you prefer all-touch, and you get a fuzzy feeling inside knowing you belong to the 99%. So just forget whatever I've said. I'm sure those people who told me they wanted a pkb were just high on drugs or something...

01-23-17 01:12 PM
    I guess it isn't must-have enough for them to look "uncool" though...
    Or maybe it's not important enough to give up a viable ecosystem. Perhaps people are smarter than you give them credit for.
    BigBadWulf and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    01-23-17 01:15 PM
    Perhaps people are smarter than you give them credit for.
    But how could they be smart if they use touch keyboards? /s
    01-23-17 01:31 PM
    My point is, "the consumers" aren't losing, far from it.
    Which is not what G_Unit said. He said the costumers were losing, not the consumers.
    01-23-17 02:16 PM
    Which is not what G_Unit said. He said the costumers were losing, not the consumers.
    I guess BB devices could live on as props in a government thriller...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-23-17 02:34 PM
    The OS looks childish, like it was made for 13 year girl lol.
    Yeah that's Material Design. Can't go away soon enough for me. I'm ok with any OS really but I have a real hatred for lazy, simplistic design. Only my opinion though, most others seem to like pasty, pastel,child-like , flat design. Oh and don't get me started on the animation! Rant Over!
    01-23-17 03:02 PM
    Or maybe it's not important enough to give up a viable ecosystem. Perhaps people are smarter than you give them credit for.
    So I guess they are lying to me when they told me why they went for a different phone? Having access to apps is one of the things I ask them about. Some wanted a pkb but also needed access to the apps, for them I absolutely did not recommend a BB despite the pkb request...

01-23-17 05:15 PM
    But how could they be smart if they use touch keyboards? /s
    The only person trying to put down those who prefer a different system is you, so don't project it onto me. I have never said anything negative about people who simply prefer an all-touch. Please find where and quote me and I'll eat my words. Otherwise, I guess you can just keep laughing at your own "smart" sarcastic remarks...

01-23-17 05:17 PM
285 ... 34567 ...