Well hope it helps.
    Nels likes this.
    01-04-17 01:14 PM
    How can this be a delay if it was never announced?
    Is there any reasonable person who would look at the hype TCL has been building for this day and not consider the release of absolutely no details about pricing, specs, availability, and even the name of the phone to be a delay?
    BB-JAM215 and mod9 like this.
    01-04-17 01:39 PM
    If that phone sitting on the glass table in the video was all jet black it would be a much more amazing looking device imo, but I do like it regardless of my single color preference.
    Yeah. I think the iPhone matte black is the best looking phone out right now. Very Batman look to it. This phone would look amazing with that scheme.
    01-04-17 01:41 PM
    3:2 Display Is annoying.
    01-04-17 01:43 PM
    Yeah. I think the iPhone matte black is the best looking phone out right now. Very Batman look to it. This phone would look amazing with that scheme.
    When Lenovo only releases ThinkPads in black everyone called them ugly. Apple made a lousy black phone and everyone blows their minds.
    01-04-17 01:43 PM
    When Lenovo only releases ThinkPads in black everyone called them ugly. Apple made a lousy black phone and everyone blows their minds.
    Well, the thinkpad is not a phone. If you have another frame of reference that.. is an all-matte-black phone, I'd likely like that one too.
    01-04-17 01:56 PM
    I think they use two colors, black and metal, so it wouldn't seem so tall..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 02:17 PM
    In line remote control is there buddy. Why not use it?
    Uh, so I need to carry around another thing? You know I'm not talking about using headphones right? I use bluetooth speakers and also to my car. And yes, pressing the pause button on the phone is faster and more reliable in pausing the music than trying to do it via the in-dash controls because I can do it without taking my eyes off the road (I use a holster). But my personal car doesn't have BT built-in so I stream using the BB Music Gateway, so using the controls on my phone is the only way I can do it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-04-17 02:46 PM
    Not a fan of the design. But I'll still buy it.
    Nels likes this.
    01-04-17 02:56 PM
    Uh, so I need to carry around another thing? You know I'm not talking about using headphones right? I use bluetooth speakers and also to my car. And yes, pressing the pause button on the phone is faster and more reliable in pausing the music than trying to do it via the in-dash controls because I can do it without taking my eyes off the road (I use a holster). But my personal car doesn't have BT built-in so I stream using the BB Music Gateway, so using the controls on my phone is the only way I can do it...

I am sure, there must be an app to solve this issue, in the Playstore. A lot of people do their music, the way you do, some app has to be there. Some app that "converts" the power button into a start/ stop button....
    Last edited by blackmass; 01-04-17 at 04:17 PM.
    01-04-17 03:34 PM

When you get Mercury, I highly recommend you try Drivemode. Eyes free audio control that reads you commands, even does voice control for WhatsApp.

Also, get a better adapter that's for a car with proper controls (play, skip buttons with a mic), they're like $20 on Amazon.
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-04-17 04:32 PM
    Absolutely love the design of this phone ! I will definitely buy it !
    asat1 likes this.
    01-04-17 05:12 PM
    I am sure, there must be an app to solve this issue, in the Playstore. A lot of people do their music, the way you do, some app has to be there. Some app that "converts" the power button into a start/ stop button....
    You know I'll be searching for things like that when I switch to Android for my daily driver. Right now still using my Classic and fine with it.

01-04-17 07:03 PM
    When you get Mercury, I highly recommend you try Drivemode. Eyes free audio control that reads you commands, even does voice control for WhatsApp.

Also, get a better adapter that's for a car with proper controls (play, skip buttons with a mic), they're like $20 on Amazon.
    Sorry, never do voice anything. I don't like talking to inanimate objects, announcing to those around me what I'm doing or plan on doing, etc.

I'm sure it's a great app, but not for me.

01-04-17 07:05 PM
    Sorry, never do voice anything. I don't like talking to inanimate objects, announcing to those around me what I'm doing or plan on doing, etc.

I'm sure it's a great app, but not for me.

The audio part isn't voice, it just reads you the current selection. You swipe on your screen with eyes away from it. Voice is optional.
    01-04-17 07:14 PM
    The audio part isn't voice, it just reads you the current selection. You swipe on your screen with eyes away from it. Voice is optional.
    Ok, I'll look into it then, thanks.

01-04-17 07:16 PM
    SG? Good good!

Yeah, Singapore, I think there's a good chance it might come over.
    Though kinda it worries me that the Dtek60 is nowhere to be seen in Singapore...
    01-04-17 09:22 PM
    I have no idea why they choose to use capacitive keys over on screen keys. On screen is more responsive and can be hidden away
    01-04-17 09:47 PM
    I actually like the design. I will be an early order placer if the finalized specs are reasonable. I like the physical keyboard and the looks so far.
    01-04-17 09:47 PM
    01-05-17 12:40 AM
    I have no idea why they choose to use capacitive keys over on screen keys. On screen is more responsive and can be hidden away
    Flip side is that I can use Button Mapper with capacitive keys which is much better than not being able to customize any behaviour.
    01-05-17 01:05 AM
    Think, think, think, you might get an idea. Come up with pros and cons of both choices, or just make an "educated" guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 01:42 AM
    You know I'll be searching for things like that when I switch to Android for my daily driver. Right now still using my Classic and fine with it.

Well, this is a bit off-topic, but I guess blackberry would ultimately use just the free part of android & make their own mobile services and productivity S/W, which addresses security & other issues, like yours. I am just assuming that it is possible, I have no idea regarding the legal issues.
    And then again, we have the European Commission game.
    01-05-17 06:10 AM
    Flip side is that I can use Button Mapper with capacitive keys which is much better than not being able to customize any behaviour.
    Media Sites going hands-on with BlackBerry Mercury!-eansrmakt1c5n76ck13w.jpg

Well on Android 7 you could completely customize virtual buttons (even can have more than 3) called Nav Bar Tuner (will be nice for PRIV and DTEKs but now not on Mercury as it seems):
    Navbar Tuner Unlocks a Hidden Nav Bar Customizer In Android Nougat for Some Nexuses

[Update] to be fair, it seems google has removed that option before finalizing stock Android N, so it will propably also not apear in BB-powered Android N.
    01-05-17 07:52 AM
    Button Mapper working for you? There's a bug when I have it enabled, it changes my ringer if I'm changing my media volume. Author said he can't reproduce it and kept disappearing.
    01-05-17 08:24 AM
100 1234