2013 but +1

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Why complain and whine on just a few posts when you can drag your useless negative garbage with you from Thread to thread!!!
    This just may be the all time low for a CB member!

And it's Blah Blah Blah (with an 'H')
    01-04-17 03:46 AM
    Your issue is even worse since there won't be anything on the market similar to BB10. I too miss it greatly but no way was I sitting frustrated with a device that hasn't kept up with the times.

What you're really saying is, it hasn't kept up with the "games"
    But, in your frustrated state you missed the obvious! BB10 is still lightyears ahead of the other platforms.
    01-04-17 05:14 AM
    I don't think it matters at this point.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 05:18 AM
    What you're really saying is, it hasn't kept up with the "games"
    But, in your frustrated state you missed the obvious! BB10 is still lightyears ahead of the other platforms.
    Light years ahead and still dead.

I should trademark that!
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-04-17 07:30 AM
    Why complain and whine on just a few posts when you can drag your useless negative garbage with you from Thread to thread!!!
    This just may be the all time low for a CB member!

And it's Blah Blah Blah (with an 'H') http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif
    Ok ok mr right guy. Html html html hehe

Chen is from HK.
    So only Bla bla bla bla bla

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Attachment 415322
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-04-17 08:23 AM
    Saviour? (and to whom?). I don't know. How about though simply meeting the needs of those who want a PKB, a solidly designed & built secure device (priced appropriately), apps that work well, and who don't like the IOS system. I'll take that. In my view between Mercury and DTEK50/60 they could do well.

This is putting aside - which is hard - the inherent 'fondness' we all have for the BB brand.
    01-04-17 08:57 AM
    Even if they lose money? I'm not too sure of too many business that want to lose money...
    Just hope it doesn't then? I guess they can use the profits for other stuffs to make a few BB fans happy..
    01-04-17 09:42 AM
    Saviour? (and to whom?). I don't know. How about though simply meeting the needs of those who want a PKB, a solidly designed & built secure device (priced appropriately), apps that work well, and who don't like the IOS system. I'll take that. In my view between Mercury and DTEK50/60 they could do well.

This is putting aside - which is hard - the inherent 'fondness' we all have for the BB brand.
    If there wasn't the "inherent fondness" for the BB Brand.... I doubt TCL would have bothered.
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-04-17 09:45 AM
    Yes of course it helps. But it can't be the only or main reason, the right product has to be there as well.
    01-04-17 09:57 AM
    You are mixing BB10 fans, PKB fans and Blackberry fans into the same pot. I personally like BB10 but will gladly abandon it for something similar now that they have obviously given up on it. I have no loyalty to Blackberry and as much as I prefer my keyboard on my passport i have no problem going back to a virtual keyboard.
    Exactly. I like the general layout of Blackberry but to me BB10 was just an updated OS. But I am a self-confessed PKB fan.

If there wasn't the "inherent fondness" for the BB Brand.... I doubt TCL would have bothered.
    I think there is- I still see them as solid, reliable phones. I'm not a power user. I hate my S6 with a rare passion.
    01-04-17 10:00 AM
    I don't believe this phone will be the savior phone, but I believe it will sell decent and TCL will continue pushing out BlackBerry handsets. I think this phone will get noticed more than the dtek phones because of TCL marketing it.
    In the end, that's all that matters. I just want there to always be a Blackberry phone. If I move to Android when I retire my Passport, I'd like for it to be a BB.
    01-04-17 10:11 AM
    A saviour? No chance. It looks like a typical generic Android slab with a chunky keyboard awkwardly appended to the bottom.
    01-04-17 12:54 PM
    Savior to whom? BlackBerry, for the most part, is out of it. Do you think if the Mercury does well, BlackBerry is just gonna jump right back into hardware completely? 'That whole software is the new BlackBerry thing... yeahhh.. we was juz playin.'
    That kind of flipflopping would be entirely in character from BlackBerry.

I doubt anyone wants to buy these crappy and quite frankly ugly Android handsets.
    01-04-17 01:04 PM
    A saviour? No chance. It looks like a typical generic Android slab with a chunky keyboard awkwardly appended to the bottom.
    What exactly were you expecting?

It's a capacitive-touch Classic keyboard with a 3:2 hi-res screen, with what looks like a kick-*** battery.

Attachment 415334
    Attachment 415335
    Attachment 415336
    Last edited by conite; 01-04-17 at 01:24 PM.
    01-04-17 01:04 PM
    What exactly were you expecting?

It's a capacitive-touch Classic keyboard with a 3:2 hi-res screen, with what looks like a kick-*** battery.

Just the dimensions. It looks too 'tall'. I will review regularly to see if my mind changes.
    01-04-17 01:25 PM
    Just the dimensions. It looks too 'tall'. I will review regularly to see if my mind changes.
    Its height is almost same with the priv. Not too tall actually.
    01-04-17 02:14 PM
    Its height is almost same with the priv. Not too tall actually.
    It's in between the PRIV and the DTEK60, at about 5.9 inches.
    01-04-17 02:25 PM
    Are you sure? The tinfoil hatters said they are going Windows 10, with some saying Jolla.
    I went to Windows 10 after getting the Priv. And I like it (and expect quite a few BB10 fans to like it). But eventually I booted my Q10 back up again for messaging alongside the Lumia 950. Nothing beats a good physical keyboard for me.

Looking forward to the mercury, though I wish it ran Win10 and that BB made the hub for that platform too.
    01-04-17 03:06 PM
    DTEK50/60 are actually legit phones. I deal with professionals on a daily basis and I'm shocked to see how fast I have seen clients come in rocking either a DTEK50 or 60. They are being purchased by large corporations and being deployed to their employees in mass. I don't know if the device is any good, I've only seen them and not played with them or use them long term but BlackBerry did something right with those devices.

The Merc I believe is going to be for the enthusiast, just like the Passport was but this time they're releasing a device that will have the fans of the main BlackBerry devices (Classic, Bold 9900, etc) come back and took a real good look.

I've had an iPhone for the past 6 years..... this is the device I've been waiting for since my Bold 9900.
    WoRD!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 03:34 PM
    Blackberry is done with hardware. So whether or not mercury becomes a hit, it's not BlackBerry's anymore. The burden is on TCL now to move PKB devices
    cgk likes this.
    01-05-17 05:16 AM
    Aaaaah finally an android phone with a proper BlackBerry qwerty, looking good to me already. I currently use a Nexus 6p (Too heavy and long) for multimedia and a PP (too wide) for messaging. I've gotten used to Android phones, so looks like I will be doing a Mercury and a Classic, two physical qwerty's perfect sizes, and still maintain my Android game and BB10 lurrv!
    Have you tried the PRIV? Did you not like it? Just curious.
    01-05-17 08:21 AM
    I don't think any one device will be the savior for BlackBerry when it comes to mobile devices. Remember BlackBerry is going strong in the software arena. I think the partnership with TCL is a big step in the right direction. Gives this device and future devices to a company who may market it better and build devices not only BlackBerry fans want but also current android and IOS users.
    01-05-17 08:31 AM
    I'd just like a model that's a bit more compact and maybe a little nearer to the Q10 than the Priv in size.
    01-05-17 08:58 AM
    I'd just like a model that's a bit more compact and maybe a little nearer to the Q10 than the Priv in size.
    The problem is the 3:2 screen ratio mandated by Google. Unless you make the keyboard a lot narrower, the device can't get any smaller.
    01-05-17 09:06 AM
    I've suggested elsewhere you put the PKB on the back of the phone.

But that's just the engineer in me speaking. The dimensions of the Mercury have been pretty much fixed for a long time. The width of a workable Blackberry keyboard is a known.The screen dimensions can be calculated from this given the aspect ration is dictated by Android. The frame size is pretty much a given unless a 4-sided "edge" construction is used, but even then it wont vary much. It was always going to be a tall phone.
    01-05-17 10:15 AM
86 1234