I can't wait for the Mercury to come on sale, but I'm a bit worried it may be a heavy beast! The Classic is heavier than it should be. Anyone know?
    02-20-17 05:40 PM
    I don't mind it being heavier than normal "slab" phones. In fact I find it more comfortable to have the feeling that something is in my hand rather than nothing
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-20-17 05:44 PM
    It's pretty light
    02-20-17 05:47 PM
    It's not a thin device and it has a big battery, so it will be heavier than the DTEK60 and other similar sized phones.
    02-20-17 06:08 PM
    Probably similar to the priv
    02-20-17 06:19 PM
    Probably similar to the priv
    Holding a Priv right now and I have to agree with previous posters that the weight is not an issue for me. My Passport was a brick, too. I HATED my slim, relatively light, slippery S7 Edge (and sold it on eBay at a loss of about $100 a month of ownership). Heavy is good. Heavy is durable.
    02-20-17 07:01 PM
    Heavy is good and it means it won't break easily.

But the priv weighs 192grams, far too heavy for me. It's weighs even more when you put a case on it, most people have to put a case on it. So it's like 200grams+ . Crazy
    02-21-17 01:56 AM
    My priv is lighter than my classic.

I'm a woman and don't find the priv heavy at all.
    02-21-17 04:33 AM
    My guess: 170g / 6oz.
    02-21-17 06:49 AM
    Heavy is good and it means it won't break easily.

But the priv weighs 192grams, far too heavy for me. It's weighs even more when you put a case on it, most people have to put a case on it. So it's like 200grams+ . Crazy
    This, the Priv is relatively heavy. Everyone that I let handle it for the first time comments about how heavy it is. And during a one hour to two hour call, the weight definitely makes it uncomfortable for that duration.
    02-21-17 07:20 AM
    This, the Priv is relatively heavy. Everyone that I let handle it for the first time comments about how heavy it is. And during a one hour to two hour call, the weight definitely makes it uncomfortable for that duration.
    you hold the phone next to your ear for a full two hours? damn.. I use bluetooth for anything that looks like it'll go over 2 min
    02-21-17 02:14 PM
    Priv is not heavy for me but I do dislike the square edges because it's very uncomfortable in the hand.

I know they probably didn't have a choice with the slider form factor.
    02-21-17 03:30 PM
    I like the weight of the classic, so if it's roughly about that weight and similar thickness, I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    02-21-17 03:33 PM
    I can't wait for the Mercury to come on sale, but I'm a bit worried it may be a heavy beast! The Classic is heavier than it should be. Anyone know?
    Like to have the weight with full loaded battery or empty battery?

02-21-17 05:18 PM
    Do you even lift?

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-21-17 05:20 PM
    My priv is lighter than my classic.

I'm a woman and don't find the priv heavy at all.
    Per GSMArena, the Priv weighs 6.77 oz and the Classic 6.24 oz. Do you have a special Priv or Classic?
    02-21-17 06:48 PM
    To me, the Priv feels DENSE, not heavy. And I don't understand the criticisms that it is unbalanced. It just looks unbalanced with the keyboard extended.

Mercury will, in fact, be unbalanced.

I hope it is also dense. Dense means durable. Durable means good.
    02-21-17 10:00 PM
    you hold the phone next to your ear for a full two hours? damn.. I use bluetooth for anything that looks like it'll go over 2 min
    Lol I don't have a Bluetooth. I'm not really on the phone. This is probably once a week or once every few weeks.

Every other day I'll have a 30-45 min convo. Which can start getting uncomfortable also.
    02-21-17 10:01 PM
    .. then it SHOULD be??? You mean heavier than YOU'D like it to be. And, at this point it would probably be more appropriate to say NOONE KNOWs rather than "anyone know"
    If you're going to worry while waiting.. I don't think"a bit" is gonna cut it. I mean if you want something to worry about.. consider weather the planet will still be here in 4 years.
    But if "worrying about a very insignificant little toy is all you've got... give it your all. Get MAD!! Cause a scene. make it worth while.
    02-21-17 11:40 PM
    Strong specs, pkb, and battery are well worth weight IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 11:42 PM
    Hope it not like classic, I found classic weight is not well distributed to edges
    02-22-17 12:37 AM
    I believe some of the hands-on videos mention the hefty weight of the phone. Personally, I like it. Whenever I hold an iPhone or Android slab I'm scared I'll drop it. There should be some weight to the device. I guess it'll be between the Classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 03:41 AM
    Well, the Classic is 15 grams lighter than a Priv😀
    02-22-17 04:09 AM
    Classic heavier than it should be" That seems like an odd statement. Heavier than you would want it to be I could understand. I am sure that BlackBerry would contend that it is exactly as heavy as it should be. That being said though, I find that I appreciate the added weight of a phone. Especially if it is relative to quality materials and build construction.
    02-22-17 06:56 AM
    Classic heavier than it should be" That seems like an odd statement. Heavier than you would want it to be I could understand. I am sure that BlackBerry would contend that it is exactly as heavy as it should be. That being said though, I find that I appreciate the added weight of a phone. Especially if it is relative to quality materials and build construction.
    02-22-17 07:01 AM
45 12