View Poll Results: Highest price you're willing to buy?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • $299

3 7.69%
  • $399

10 25.64%
  • $499

10 25.64%
  • $599

8 20.51%
  • $699

8 20.51%
    Agreed, so it was $500 CAD for the Classic at launch, $699 for Passport outright from the carriers. $600 from Shopbb Canada for DTEK70 would be good, I hope we'll see soon enough!
    As much as that pricing makes sense, BlackBerry will once again price it one bracket up. And judging by the (rumoured) model number, it'll be $799-899.
    12-10-16 11:10 PM
    As much as that pricing makes sense, BlackBerry will once again price it one bracket up. And judging by the (rumoured) model number, it'll be $799-899.
    You guys are talking Canadian right? Right?

Right?
    12-11-16 02:28 AM
    But BlackBerry isn't concerned about its market share anymore. It hasn't for a long time.

If, in the future, someone else wishes to licence the BlackBerry name and/or its hardened Android, then so be it. BlackBerry could barely care less. It's generally lip service for those who want devices.

Ahh, but they should. Some of those who have encroached upon their Corporate Business, did it first by capturing the Consumer Share of the Market. It might have been BlackBerry's plan long ago, to leave the Consumer segment and transition to Software. But the perception of being forced to leave because of bad decisions, follows a company.
    Do they really need yet another example of the inability to capitalize on "A Good Thing at an Opportune Time" on their resume.
    Because, to those looking;that speaks to a larger problem.
    What's the old saying : "No matter what you do, look to do it well".
    There's a reason folks say that.....

That aside....I'd pay $400
    Last edited by KNEBB; 12-11-16 at 08:35 AM.
    12-11-16 04:48 AM
    As much as I miss typing on my Passport, and after being disappointed with the keyboard on the Priv, I still wouldn't pay more than $600 CDN for it. They seemed to finally learn their lesson with the DTEK50 and 60 pricing so I'll be disappointed (though not surprised) if they make another pricing mistake like they did with the Priv.
    12-11-16 09:31 AM
    As much as I miss typing on my Passport, and after being disappointed with the keyboard on the Priv, I still wouldn't pay more than $600 CDN for it. They seemed to finally learn their lesson with the DTEK50 and 60 pricing so I'll be disappointed (though not surprised) if they make another pricing mistake like they did with the Priv.
    The pricing between the two DTEKs and Priv could be one or the other:

• They really couldn't cut anything off the price for an in-house designed model, it really cost them that much more, or
    • They were still delusional that the BlackBerry brand had any equity in the premium segment at that point
    12-11-16 09:42 AM
    You guys are talking Canadian right? Right?

Right?
    If the Mercury is designed to be even lower volume than the Priv, price could be par or higher than it. So I'm ready for the price shock followed by the Amazon firesale.
    12-11-16 09:43 AM
    If the Mercury is designed to be even lower volume than the Priv, price could be par or higher than it. So I'm ready for the price shock followed by the Amazon firesale.
    Well yeah. But then we won't have any successors. Sigh.
    12-11-16 10:15 AM
    Well yeah. But then we won't have any successors. Sigh.
    Did you even seriously and remotely THINK there would be a successor to either the Priv or the Mercury?

The only chance it would even have is to sell at near zero margin or even at a small loss to gain mindset and market share. And BlackBerry's board has made it very clear in all their messages that they aren't ready for that.
    12-11-16 10:51 AM
    Did you even seriously and remotely THINK there would be a successor to either the Priv or the Mercury?

The only chance it would even have is to sell at near zero margin or even at a small loss to gain mindset and market share. And BlackBerry's board has made it very clear in all their messages that they aren't ready for that.
    For some perspective. The future licensee has zero input for r and d for two years if they are smart. By just evolving the design and updating the internals they might continue to sell the device. It has been written here a lot of times the mass production companies like tcl huawei oppo and such might be interested in this case.

So, if mercury does noticeably better we might have a successor that costs competitively. I am not saying it will but there is a silverlining.

Too many mistakes made in priv's case. Don't even wanna think about it.

Almost forgot, no I don't think anything words flow from the air through my fingers and to this forum.
    12-11-16 11:14 AM
    For some perspective. The future licensee has zero input for r and d for two years if they are smart. By just evolving the design and updating the internals they might continue to sell the device. It has been written here a lot of times the mass production companies like tcl huawei oppo and such might be interested in this case.

So, if mercury does noticeably better we might have a successor that costs competitively. I am not saying it will but there is a silverlining.

Too many mistakes made in priv's case. Don't even wanna think about it.

Almost forgot, no I don't think anything words flow from the air through my fingers and to this forum.
    We'll see. I want this to work out as well as it could be the last PKB this world will ever see, but I'm leaning on the pessimistic side after how everything turned out.
    12-11-16 11:19 AM
    We'll see. I want this to work out as well as it could be the last PKB this world will ever see, but I'm leaning on the pessimistic side after how everything turned out.
    Well it probably will be the last pkb . Hope it gets delayed so we'll have snapdragon 820 or such. I want it to be future proof as possible.
    12-11-16 11:23 AM
    maximum 550 EUR (price without a contract)

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 12:08 PM
    Well it probably will be the last pkb . Hope it gets delayed so we'll have snapdragon 820 or such. I want it to be future proof as possible.
    They'd probably change from 625 to 626 cause they're pin-compatible, but not more than that. Actually we're lucky enough if they even use 626. DTEK60 release in October and still use 820, not 821.
    12-11-16 12:14 PM
    Won't pay more than 500 usd for this.

After I paid for the priv what I did , it's just not worth it upgrading to what is actually a slower processor than the 808.

Let's see. Won't be doing any contracts though , this is cash.
    12-11-16 01:31 PM
    Assuming the spec doesn't change since this leak (and this leak got neon and argon details accurate so far on dtek50/60)
    For me it's not price, but you have to start thinking about Blackberrys commitment.
    12-11-16 02:21 PM
    Most I would pay is $599. But, if it's more, it won't stop me.
    12-11-16 03:57 PM
    After I paid for the priv what I did , it's just not worth it upgrading to what is actually a slower processor than the 808.
    Hard to say, in Geekbench 4 it's true that in single core test 808 did better (1250 vs 850) but in multicore test 625 win (4100 vs 3200)
    Also 625 is newer chip so it's probably more battery-efficient than 808 (which is somewhat a rush product from Qualcomm)
    12-11-16 08:59 PM
    maximum 550 EUR (price without a contract)

Posted via CB10
    Way too much

Posted via Passport SE
    12-12-16 12:03 AM
    my guess is around 450 USD would be a good guesstimate with initial volume fair big: the smaller screen, 18 mpixel camera, cut the cost from dtek60, keyboard, non-sliding, should not be too pricy compare to the sliding one. 450 would be have some margin left for profit. I like $399, but 450 would do if it beef up the stock price. (production run of 500K initial would be safe bet, increment of 250K each with short turn around time can be doable if they share components with TCL, except processor... it would be a hit based on the vote - you got approx 70% of chaps "willingness to pay" for it). IMHO.
    12-12-16 08:10 AM
    For me max 400 euro, not more. For that price you can buy a Xiaomi Mi5 S here in Albania.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 11:09 AM
    With only a 625 soc. The phone shouldn't be any higher than $400. But since it's a qwerty keyboard device it'll probably hit around $500ish. Then fail to hit sale goals.
    01-02-17 04:36 PM
    I think it should be priced under $550US, but personally I'd buy as high as $700US because I just love me some PKB.
    01-02-17 04:59 PM
    As long as it is not higher than the priv. Will buy.
    01-02-17 05:54 PM
    $799

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 07:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 07:34 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD