People with real knowledge and passion for your devices could be the best advantage you have for selling them. I've personally convinced strangers in a cell phone store to go with BlackBerry while most sales staff couldn't give a **** about the product. You have to push it. You're marketing isn't enough. You need people on the ground who can address costumer concerns, keep their attention and help them understand why a BlackBerry is for them.

I should have said this year's ago... but I was busy. Anyways... sales matter and good sales people will help your bottom line. The thing is you'll need the people to do it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 03:24 PM
    It's hard to see how BlackBerry fans in the consumer market would help them sell their software products in the regulated and enterprise markets, which is now their main business and in which devices play just a minor role.
    12-05-16 03:45 PM
    Stupid move. All those guys will just go around talking about 10.3.3 and how they love their Passport.
    12-05-16 04:29 PM
    12-05-16 04:44 PM
    It would make Crackberry an interesting place lool
    12-05-16 05:10 PM
    This explains the fall of BlackBerry more than anything else ever has...
    I'm looking at you, 9900 users

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-05-16 05:35 PM
    This explains the fall of BlackBerry more than anything else ever has...
    I'm looking at you, 9900 users

Posted via CB10
    And we Android users are looking at you BB10 users.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-05-16 05:41 PM
    And us iPhone users are looking at you, Android users.

Actually, I don't have an iPhone, but it seems to me that this article is basically saying that vapid consumerism always wins.

I mean, I think of most students I have with iPhone, whether their phone needs an upgrade or not, they buy the newest one every year. No thinking whether or not they actually need it, they just buy it. It's one of the reasons I like removable batteries, because once the battery goes, I can just replace it. Hold onto my phone for even longer.

You know, we buy into this idea of more more more -- sell more, buy more, trash more. But we never think about doing things better. This is why blackberry users are harbringers of destruction, because they want better, not more. And this doesn't work well with our current consumerist paradigm.
    PALoeza and Ehizzle88 like this.
    12-05-16 05:57 PM
    And us iPhone users are looking at you, Android users. .
    Android devices are mainstream and account for about 80% of the sales. iPhones are far less popular in terms of sales, but with their high markups are much more profitable for Apple.
    ardakca likes this.
    12-05-16 06:30 PM
    Very interesting. Some of my choices have not been very wise!

But what if BlackBerry makes the world's only good PKB? This is why I would prefer a smaller 9900 iconic format. The market is small but probably more stable.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 11:57 PM
    Very interesting. Some of my choices have not been very wise!

But what if BlackBerry makes the world's only good PKB? This is why I would prefer a smaller 9900 iconic format. The market is small but probably more stable.

Posted via CB10
    So who are the harbingers of failure? The researchers don't have any especially insightful information on them, other than that they're people who are more likely to buy the niche products that account for a low proportion of overall sales. “Harbingers have preferences that are systematically different from other customers,” the researchers explain. If something appeals to them, it’s unlikely that it will appeal to the mainstream.
    I think nowadays the PKB can qualify.
    12-08-16 01:41 AM
    Sometimes, BB fans have been its worst enemies.

BBRY did have an ambassador program at some point, no?
    12-08-16 04:23 AM
    Sometimes, BB fans have been its worst enemies.

BBRY did have an ambassador program at some point, no?
    You surely don't mean those Ambassador tags on these forums right... who were the first ones to abandon the BlackBerry brand.
    12-08-16 09:33 AM
    I think nowadays the PKB can qualify.

I enjoyed this article but I might wonder if the same result could be duplicated in the USA . If I am correct , this study was in Britain or the UK which as we well know has more "individualists" (eccentrics) than most countries. More intelligent - contrarian etc.

I think that BlackBerry canary is pretty much dead in most countries outside of Indonesia but I am not so sure about the BlackBerry keyboard. A Samsung or LG sporting a BlackBerry keyboard might have more luck. I also view the 9900 as being somewhat iconic and perhaps BlackBerry could make a modest come back with this format with a totally updated phone.

I think that BlackBerry could have made a come back with all touch phones had they been really well designed by BlackBerry but I do not see their current rebranding strategy as workable.
    12-08-16 05:28 PM
    Great idea, I worked for an at&t retailer when the first iPhone came out and we weren't authorized to sell the iPhone. We inherently had to be BlackBerry fans and weren't allowed to carry the iPhone because we couldn't sell the device. We flipped a ton of potential iPhone customers because of this and I'm still a huge fan. I've been long gone from the wireless industry for quite some time but I feel if I were still in it I could flip a few customers looking for that boring slab smart phone to a PRIV or the new "Mercury" when released.
    12-08-16 08:25 PM
    You surely don't mean those Ambassador tags on these forums right... who were the first ones to abandon the BlackBerry brand.
    Nah. If I recall, BBRY itself had some sort of insiders program. It was pretty cool way back when.
    12-09-16 05:08 AM
    What they're referring to is the BlackBerry Fan of the Month program. Quite a number of the CrackBerry ambassador members own BlackBerry Android devices so they haven't really abandoned the brand.
    12-09-16 01:34 PM
    Stupid move. All those guys will just go around talking about 10.3.3 and how they love their Passport.
    Well I've managed to convince around 20-30 people to buy a BlackBerry 10 smartphone. When BlackBerry 10 was "not dead" and still in the early exciting stages. Now I don't do that anymore, if anyone asks for any suggestions, i'll just tell them to get some android phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 01:47 PM
    That's the issue i had as well. Few friends of mine bought the Passport. But coming from Iphone, they struggled so much with the APP gap... since i stopped introducing people to the brand
    12-09-16 06:26 PM