Um, when did anyone, much less me, claim that the Classic is the "best" for one-handed typing compared to vkb phones???

I don't get how you guys can only read things one way or another, like evrything has to be either at one extreme end of the spectrum or the other? Is it really that hard to understand plain English?

I am not even considering vkb's. So whether they are better than pkb for one-handed use is completely irrelevant. But if I were to own a phone such as the Mercury, which would have a pkb (so again, whether it's better than a vkb is irrelevant, the fact that it will have a pkb is already set), I would like it to be not too wide to ALLOW for one-handed typing. The ONLY comparison here is between a mercury with pkb that is extremely wide or one (again with a pkb since it's apparently impossible to understand without being spelled out) that isn't too wide to type one-handed.

Does this make sense yet?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yes this does make sense.

Yes, the Passport is too wide to be used one handed comfortably and definitely not for typing one handed.

There's no doubt in the event one would need to type with one hand only - a wider phone is counterproductive.

Also a poorly balanced phone like the Priv, makes it even harder to type on one handed than the Passport.

Will depend on the width and height for sure.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-22-16 05:57 PM
    I had a comment in mind, but I'll keep it to myself, lol. Too bad because you opened yourself up to a great joke, but likely butt-hurt would have ensued and my post would have been flagged, haha. It would have just been a joke though, so relax, don't let your imagination run wild with what I possibly could have responded to you with... :-P

oh boy....you really write to much.

CB10 on my Classic
    10-22-16 06:12 PM
    Priv's screen was chosen to best in 2015. Having better color spectrum then note 5.
    maybe I received a bad copy

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could be.
    10-23-16 09:29 AM
    Yes this does make sense.

Yes, the Passport is too wide to be used one handed comfortably and definitely not for typing one handed.

There's no doubt in the event one would need to type with one hand only - a wider phone is counterproductive.

Also a poorly balanced phone like the Priv, makes it even harder to type on one handed than the Passport.

Will depend on the width and height for sure.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Wow, thank you jeebus. I was starting to think that maybe I'm typing gibberish but am going out of my mind and think I'm typing coherent comments. I mean, that could still be the case but at least you understood what I'm trying to say. So maybe you're going out of your mind as well? Lol :-D

10-23-16 11:38 AM
    oh boy....you really write to much.

CB10 on my Classic
    I don't write to much often, there's not a lot of people I am still in contact with in much, so writing to there is kind of pointless for me...

10-23-16 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, reviews could also be subjective. Maybe the person who did that review have been waiting for a slider or something, haha.

10-23-16 11:40 AM
    Found this digging around...
    BlackBerry????Android??-DTEK70-Berrylink
    Seen the physical too tall. Crying :::::::.

BlackBerry Z30-STA-6 BlackBerry
    10-26-16 05:37 AM
    I like how the comment on the bottom of the page is so grammatically correct, "...life way."
    Hey, hey... you need to get your life way in order, my friend. Haha
    10-26-16 09:25 AM
    IDK, only if you need to kinda thing. I was walking through the mall today one handing my Passport & carrying items in other hand (amongst them a couple copies of PS4 Skyrim yay!). I don't do it if I'm able to two hand as its obviously less efficient, but sometimes you gotta.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    10-28-16 10:17 PM
    Don't mean to double post either but ya, I have no problem one handing on the Passport. Sure Q10 was easier, & perhaps I have "big hands" but not that hard for me IDK...

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    10-28-16 10:21 PM
    I'm saving money for it...

People were impressed with the demo units? What kind of people? Sure enough weren't iphone people. Maybe some top firm bankers and such.

Posted via CB10
    The same people (all three) that said Chen that the Classic is being eagerl awaited by customers

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:00 AM
    Honestly, I have a bad feeling about this device. Not many would buy it except for die-hard fans who would grudgingly move over to android. I hope I'm wrong, but the resources should have been committed to marketing the DTEK phones.

Posted via CB10
    luc4625 likes this.
    10-29-16 11:26 AM
    I hope the actual thing looks better than this. so far the Priv knocks all the completion out of the water. it's just a shame it's not marketed as well as the iPhone or the Samsung.

as to whether I'm gonna get this Mercury or D70 (wtf name)... well we'll see, I really abhor onscreen typing, so I'll likely keep buying pkb high end smartphones for as long as they keep making them.
    10-31-16 03:33 AM
    i hope so
    11-02-16 12:23 PM
    This won't be a flagship specd device, I read it's basically a fairwell present to us pkb guys who won't see another one again.
    Pure blackberry experience on this.

Safe to say it's the final transition device to completely move past bb10.
    If you buy a full pkb device the reality is you not buying it for multimedia consumption and gaming , sure the odd picture here and there but it's a texting to work phone.

Just my 5cents on that, also the pkb is why I got the priv which is absolutely a dream to own. 7 months into this device and I love it more and more.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    Honestly, I think I liked the Passport better than the PRIV (which I have now). It's funny, because I actually came from Android, and the Passport was my first BlackBerry. Ignoring the fact that I also liked the total experience as a whole more, I also preferred the much bigger, always-on-front keyboard. The PRIV keyboard is acceptable, but it sometimes leads to me being too lazy to flick it open and butchering everything I type while swiping, plus it's a little cramped. After a few months with the Passport I was even able to fully type one handed on its keyboard.

Since I rarely ever post, I'm just going to state, if BlackBerry DOES actually make a premium high end phone with a non-slide-out keyboard (preferably just SLIGHTLY more narrow than the Passport), I would be more willing to buy it than I was with the priv, especially after owning a priv. I wasn't exactly a fan of the slide out design (which is why I held out on the priv until the price dropped), but I really loved that passport (which I'd still be using if they didn't start killing services). Since now BlackBerry has proved to me they can integrate the hub well enough into android (at first I wasn't impressed, but it's okay now), I'd probably pay the 899 for a premium, high end, front keyboard, non sliding device. I would definitely 100 percent for sure if they added Blend back ...... all the Android solutions are total crap after having experienced Blend, and considering I'm a software developer, having the messages route to my computer is a HUGE advantage for the majority of my day. All the Android solutions are just so bad they're unusable.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    11-26-16 08:40 PM
    Honestly, I think I liked the Passport better than the PRIV (which I have now). It's funny, because I actually came from Android, and the Passport was my first BlackBerry. Ignoring the fact that I also liked the total experience as a whole more, I also preferred the much bigger, always-on-front keyboard. The PRIV keyboard is acceptable, but it sometimes leads to me being too lazy to flick it open and butchering everything I type while swiping, plus it's a little cramped. After a few months with the Passport I was even able to fully type one handed on its keyboard.

Since I rarely ever post, I'm just going to state, if BlackBerry DOES actually make a premium high end phone with a non-slide-out keyboard (preferably just SLIGHTLY more narrow than the Passport), I would be more willing to buy it than I was with the priv, especially after owning a priv. I wasn't exactly a fan of the slide out design (which is why I held out on the priv until the price dropped), but I really loved that passport (which I'd still be using if they didn't start killing services). Since now BlackBerry has proved to me they can integrate the hub well enough into android (at first I wasn't impressed, but it's okay now), I'd probably pay the 899 for a premium, high end, front keyboard, non sliding device. I would definitely 100 percent for sure if they added Blend back ...... all the Android solutions are total crap after having experienced Blend, and considering I'm a software developer, having the messages route to my computer is a HUGE advantage for the majority of my day. All the Android solutions are just so bad they're unusable.
    Learn the language and make your own Blend type app for Android and a Windows and Apple program to link with it. :-P

11-26-16 11:23 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:53 AM
    I think this phone will be premium enough tough to satisfy the BB crowd. It may not have the high end chipset we all want, but I think the build quality will match that of the Passport, which I use as my DD and personally feel is high end.

As long as the phone performs adequately in real-life usage (basic multi-tasking/app switching, nothing crazy resource intensive) and has good battery life, I think those of us waiting for an upgrade to the Passport will be happy.

After all, most of us are waiting for this device for the pkb, if we wanted high end spec phones, we probably would have bailed already for the likes of the dtek60 or others.
    11-27-16 06:11 AM
    Learn the language and make your own Blend type app for Android and a Windows and Apple program to link with it. :-P

All developers are not the same, just as not all lawyers are the same.
    11-27-16 08:00 PM
    All developers are not the same, just as not all lawyers are the same.
    "Learn the language" never assumed they were the same...

11-27-16 09:58 PM
    It should be noted that the SD 6xx series has proven again and again to be far more power efficient. So the new chip might prove to be a better one for the average user than 820/821.
    11-27-16 10:54 PM
    Should be named BlackBerry final... not some ridiculous dtek70

Posted via my dog's BlackBerry Passport
    11-28-16 06:03 AM
    "Learn the language" never assumed they were the same...

Indeed. I simply implied that they're are different types of developers just as lawyers. For example, asking a mergers & acquisitions lawyer to take a case that involves family law is not only impractical, but way out of scope. It's basically the same with developers. You have backend, frontend, GUI, web, full stack, etc. Asking/telling one to go fulfill the scope of another type is the same as what you are suggesting. It just isn't that simple.
    11-28-16 07:30 AM
    Indeed. I simply implied that they're are different types of developers just as lawyers. For example, asking a mergers & acquisitions lawyer to take a case that involves family law is not only impractical, but way out of scope. It's basically the same with developers. You have backend, frontend, GUI, web, full stack, etc. Asking/telling one to go fulfill the scope of another type is the same as what you are suggesting. It just isn't that simple.
    It's a joke, relax, geez... how does the saying go? "You must be fun at parties." That's a joke too BTW ;-)

11-28-16 01:17 PM
170 ... 4567