I wanted a premium speed device , an 821 or 820. People can feel the difference from 808 to 820 , the 625 .

How ever , will still buy the device .

On a serious note - from a priv user point , why switch over to this as it's not really an upgrade if you think about it , might even be a downgrade in some aspects.
    12-28-16 10:25 AM
    Alcatel always was synonym of cheap. You can slap any logo on it - at the end of the day its still Alcatel.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 10:32 AM
    Numbers, numbers.
    12-28-16 10:34 AM
    Numbers, numbers.
    Exactly. Who knows. At the end of the day this chipset may perform well and give us all the battery life we so desperately want. This phone needs to be my work horse, not my entertainment center.
    hoopitz and jamesharmeling like this.
    12-28-16 11:33 AM
    Alcatel always was synonym of cheap. You can slap any logo on it - at the end of the day its still Alcatel.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously don't have a DTEK60.
    z3user likes this.
    12-28-16 11:35 AM
    You obviously don't have any phone outside of a legacy BlackBerry.
    FTFY. I'm almost certain most of the people out here who constantly trash talk never actually used any other.
    12-28-16 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Samsung is supposedly a synonym of luxury, and their phones run like crap. Perception often differs from reality.
    12-28-16 02:32 PM
    Not disappointed at all. Sorry that it's not matching your expectations!
    12-28-16 02:36 PM
    I wanted a premium speed device , an 821 or 820. People can feel the difference from 808 to 820 , the 625 .

How ever , will still buy the device .

On a serious note - from a priv user point , why switch over to this as it's not really an upgrade if you think about it , might even be a downgrade in some aspects.
    This is what was rumoured for months now. Disappointing? Perhaps. Surprised? Not at all.
    12-28-16 03:18 PM
    Isn't there already a thread about this on the same complaint?
    12-28-16 03:55 PM
    So, I just traded up from a Classic to a PRIV.

According to many, the Classic was OLD, SLOW, LOW SPECCED, the entire 9 yards.

The only place I ever noticed lag in 18 + months of usage was in the Web browser and that was almost certainly due to our slow Interweb - I live in a remote area.

So, over the years I have distanced myself from the "must have fastest" hysteria, as most usage doesn't require the latest, fastest.
    Don't forget that it takes a while to source chips, design the phone and get everything sorted. Can't always use the latest because when the engineering started the chip could have been the latest, greatest ... then all the delays started ...
    12-28-16 04:18 PM
    There's nothing wrong with people wanting the latest and greatest specs, but seriously, it's impossible to judge the inadequacy of the 625 until you ACTUALLY USE THE DEVICE. I really do get it ... when buying something new, you want it to have the best specs - i'm included - but keep in mind this is a brand new chip being implemented into a brand new phone, with a (pretty much) brand new version of Android OS. There are a lot of factors to consider before complaining that it isn't an 821.

Personally, I would MUCH rather have a phone that lasts the entire day, and is quick enough to handle all of my communication needs, and the few apps that I use daily. I'm not a huge media user on my phone, and definitely don't game on it. I want a phone with a solid build, and nice keyboard, and i'm ready to take the Android plunge. Based on all of that, this seems like it's going to be the phone for me. I realize that other people have different needs than me, so maybe this phone isn't for you. Or maybe, after giving it a shot, or waiting to read some reviews, it will be. Stop declaring this thing DOA before anyone even has a chance to use it.
    12-28-16 04:32 PM
    I won't believe anything until I see it in person, as of right now everything is just a rumour .
    12-28-16 04:41 PM
    So, I just traded up from a Classic to a PRIV.

According to many, the Classic was OLD, SLOW, LOW SPECCED, the entire 9 yards.

The only place I ever noticed lag in 18 + months of usage was in the Web browser and that was almost certainly due to our slow Interweb - I live in a remote area.

So, over the years I have distanced myself from the "must have fastest" hysteria, as most usage doesn't require the latest, fastest.
    Don't forget that it takes a while to source chips, design the phone and get everything sorted. Can't always use the latest because when the engineering started the chip could have been the latest, greatest ... then all the delays started ...
    Plenty of Note 7 users didn't have their phone burst into flames, and plenty of Pixel users phones aren't suddenly freezing and becoming non-responsive, but that doesn't mean either isn't happening.
    12-28-16 05:02 PM
    The DTEK60 is intended to be the upgrade over the Priv (i.e. the flagship), this is some sort of unicorn/sidegrade/whatever you want to call it to satisfy niche users.
    12-28-16 06:20 PM
    There's nothing wrong with people wanting the latest and greatest specs, but seriously, it's impossible to judge the inadequacy of the 625 until you ACTUALLY USE THE DEVICE. I really do get it ... when buying something new, you want it to have the best specs - i'm included - but keep in mind this is a brand new chip being implemented into a brand new phone, with a (pretty much) brand new version of Android OS. There are a lot of factors to consider before complaining that it isn't an 821.

Personally, I would MUCH rather have a phone that lasts the entire day, and is quick enough to handle all of my communication needs, and the few apps that I use daily. I'm not a huge media user on my phone, and definitely don't game on it. I want a phone with a solid build, and nice keyboard, and i'm ready to take the Android plunge. Based on all of that, this seems like it's going to be the phone for me. I realize that other people have different needs than me, so maybe this phone isn't for you. Or maybe, after giving it a shot, or waiting to read some reviews, it will be. Stop declaring this thing DOA before anyone even has a chance to use it.
    12-28-16 07:49 PM
    12-28-16 08:16 PM