It's been so long that I can't remember this, but I used Pixel after a DTEK50, really didn't like using my Gmail Account to sync Contacts and Calendar and Google Photos for my pictures.

I seem to recall with the DTEK50, since HUB+ included BlackBerry apps like Contacts, Calendar, Photos, etc. I'm pretty sure I was able import my info straight to the BlackBerry Apps without using Gmail/Google Account. Can a DTEK50 and DTEK60 user confirm this. I remember being able to disable my Gmail Accounts in the app and load them in the HUB.

It's not an "Android Google Privacy" thing. I don't mind using my Google Account for Google Play Store, and know all about permissions. Just no matter how convenient I prefer to not use my Gmail Accounts to sync information.

Placing my contacts, calendar, and photos locally with a device transfer app would be ideal.
    02-12-17 04:20 AM
    BlackBerry has a content transfer app that will ask you what you want to transfer to your new device. Should be installed on both the 50 and 60 out of the box. If you don't see it, just snag it from the play store. Content transfer can be uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded on your new device in setup or you can transfer information via nfc and Bluetooth if you don't want to do that method.

I usually save my contacts to my outlook email and bring them to a new device that way, but I understand what you mean when bringing contacts to a new device using Gmail.
    02-12-17 06:18 AM
    BlackBerry has a content transfer app that will ask you what you want to transfer to your new device. Should be installed on both the 50 and 60 out of the box. If you don't see it, just snag it from the play store. Content transfer can be uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded on your new device in setup or you can transfer information via nfc and Bluetooth if you don't want to do that method.

I usually save my contacts to my outlook email and bring them to a new device that way, but I understand what you mean when bringing contacts to a new device using Gmail.
    Thanks for the response. I'll be moving everything from an iPhone 7 likely to the "Mercury" so hoping a content transfer app is compatible in that regard.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-12-17 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the response. I'll be moving everything from an iPhone 7 likely to the "Mercury" so hoping a content transfer app is compatible in that regard.
    I believe I have seen an iOS transfer app on the play store. So I would guess there is one in the apple store too that will transfer your content to android.
    02-13-17 07:44 PM
    I personally never use content transfer apps, I find it sometimes gets buggy I prefer to just download apps individually (also a good way to clean up apps I never use) and then setup my home screen/launcher settings etc. Then for my content my work email is all on exchange, Gmail content comes over easily, txt I don't care if it gets migrated I take it as a good time to clean up my history, pics are all backed up in the cloud, notes are on OneNote, passwords are on LastPass and Chrome keeps my passwords for websites, since pretty much everything is cloud based its really easy to move from one device to another.
    02-13-17 08:04 PM
    I personally never use content transfer apps, I find it sometimes gets buggy I prefer to just download apps individually (also a good way to clean up apps I never use) and then setup my home screen/launcher settings etc. Then for my content my work email is all on exchange, Gmail content comes over easily, txt I don't care if it gets migrated I take it as a good time to clean up my history, pics are all backed up in the cloud, notes are on OneNote, passwords are on LastPass and Chrome keeps my passwords for websites, since pretty much everything is cloud based its really easy to move from one device to another.
    Gotcha. See the thing is that I only care about contacts, photos, and calendar. I can download apps no problem. I know I need a Google Account for the Play Store which is fine. What I don't want is to use Gmail to import contacts and calendar nor do I want to use Google Photos. If I remember correctly you BlackBerry Android devices have the BlackBerry Contacts, Calendar, and Photos app. So all I really want to do is transfer just those in the BlackBerry "Native" apps that come with the HUB. I'll load my Gmail accounts in to the HUB along with my Yahoo!'s, etc. Then disable the Sync on my Gmail app. So I don't get double notifications. I understand all that. Again, just looking to avoid needing to use Gmail to my content over and I'm sure as answered there has to be transfer app.
    02-14-17 01:31 AM
    ...What I don't want is to use Gmail to import contacts and calendar nor do I want to use Google Photos.....
    Exactly my thoughts...cloud and all this stuff, don't know...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 04:55 AM
    Gotcha. See the thing is that I only care about contacts, photos, and calendar. I can download apps no problem. I know I need a Google Account for the Play Store which is fine. What I don't want is to use Gmail to import contacts and calendar nor do I want to use Google Photos. If I remember correctly you BlackBerry Android devices have the BlackBerry Contacts, Calendar, and Photos app. So all I really want to do is transfer just those in the BlackBerry "Native" apps that come with the HUB. I'll load my Gmail accounts in to the HUB along with my Yahoo!'s, etc. Then disable the Sync on my Gmail app. So I don't get double notifications. I understand all that. Again, just looking to avoid needing to use Gmail to my content over and I'm sure as answered there has to be transfer app.
    There is no BlackBerry photo app. You have to use google photos or another. But you can knock down google photos significantly so that it just basically a viewer. And you can just store your photos on the sd card. That is how I have mine set up.
    02-14-17 09:53 PM
    There is no BlackBerry photo app. You have to use google photos or another. But you can knock down google photos significantly so that it just basically a viewer. And you can just store your photos on the sd card. That is how I have mine set up.
    I recommend the Piktures app for viewing and sorting your image folders.
    02-14-17 10:00 PM