Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 10:02 PM
    You do realize this is a BlackBerry forum right?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 10:38 PM
    I choose the BlackBerry DTEK60.

Windows and BB10 combine for less than 0.1% of the market.
    Last edited by conite; 12-05-16 at 11:27 PM.
    12-05-16 10:44 PM
    definitely windows.. isn't BlackBerry dead? Haha

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-05-16 11:25 PM
    Currently own a lumia 950 xl and a priv.

Windows 10 isn't bad but there's so many things that's still in beta that I just don't use it anymore and I use my Priv only.

People will never know what a struggle windows 10 is to use until they actually need to get something done which is out of the ordinary.

It's a nice phone but it isn't for recommended consumers even though the updates have improved it a lot to more stable versions.

Still I'd go with a blackberry every day of the week.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-05-16 11:33 PM
    Longtime BlackBerry fan and been using a Lumia 950 for the past few months. I was never fully sold on Android, even with the Priv. Of course it does a lot that Windows lacks like the app suite, but the performance often varies too much. Battery is good one day and worse another day.

The Mercury might sway me back though with the supposed stability of Nougat, battery of the Snapdragon 625, and the physical keyboard I've missed (Priv wasn't the same). But then the supposed Surface Phone could be good too. Guess we'll see!
    Aminor69 and ayngling like this.
    12-06-16 12:18 AM
    It's all about the apps. I didn't see a whole lot for WP 8 on my Nokia 909 aka Lumia 1020, which I got because I couldn't stand my Z30's camera. For me, the test would be if Windows Phone 10 by next summer gets the Disney Parks app that's already been on both iOS and Android. My iPhone 6 Plus is now off contract, and I'm itchy to go with a Pixel & Project Fi combo while I await the Mercury.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2049 on at&t
    12-06-16 01:47 AM
    BB Android is better than rubbish feature-less Windows Phone.
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-06-16 05:46 AM
    webOS.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-06-16 06:24 AM
    Last time I owned a Windows Phone it was running WP8, not sure if it has improved since then, but it was a downright terrible experience. Nothing on it was intuitive and just gave a very frustrating experience. Everytime I needed to do anything, even the simplest of tasks, it was guaranteed to frustrate me... Worse than BB10, Android, or iOS...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-06-16 09:10 AM
    Neither. I don't want to waste more time on a dead end. I will continue to use BB10 until my phone breaks.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-06-16 11:25 AM
    Is windows still going?
    12-06-16 11:27 AM
    Both...
    BlackBerry for mobile and Windows for laptop

Posted from my OG Passport Black edition
    12-06-16 12:30 PM
    Both...
    BlackBerry for mobile and Windows for laptop

Posted from my OG Passport Black edition
    Well, think OP was asking about mobile because for my desktop and if I ever get a tablet/laptop it would be Windows 10.

12-06-16 12:38 PM
    I have been running a Lumia 950 alongside a Q10 since the 950 came out (the Priv could never replace the Q10 for me, so I gave it to my girlfriend). Windows 10 mobile is pretty good, but still pretty buggy. The worst part is that most third party apps feel worse than their iOS/Android versions. Still, the 950 works pretty well for me, with all the apps I need. Nothing beats the Q10 for answering mails and messages, though.

I'll give Android another try when the Mercury comes out, as the Q10 is getting too old. If someone made a Win10 phone with physical keys I'd be very interested, though.
    12-11-16 04:57 PM
    Why is this post in the mercury forum??
    12-11-16 05:32 PM
    Why is it on CrackBerry? The amount of bias is too damn high!

[imagine meme here]

Posted via CB10
    libra89 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    12-12-16 03:37 AM
    I choose TIZEN!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 07:19 PM
    Because it's made by an Android hater who wants to choose between two "underdog" system on the alleged Mercury hardware.

Which isn't happening. BlackBerry has two licensees right now (which is a miracle on its own), both expressed zero interest in BB10.

TL;DR - This whole thread is BS.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-16-16 08:20 AM
    Because it's made by an Android hater who wants to choose between two "underdog" system on the alleged Mercury hardware.

Which isn't happening. BlackBerry has two licensees right now (which is a miracle on its own), both expressed zero interest in BB10.

TL;DR - This whole thread is BS.
    lol

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 09:42 AM
    Ive owned both. Lumia 822 running windows 8.0, 8.1 and then windows 10 beta. And no, just no. When windows 8 came out the live tiles and large icons were refreshing, unique. And then they did everything in their power to make it look like android and IOS. Added to that was every upgrade lost apps along the way. In some ways it felt like progress, in others like going backwards. Also, why was there never a pkb on windows 8? Windows+Keyboard=Common Sense! There was a windows 7 phone with a keyboard, the Dell Venue Pro. So anyway, Blackberry till we get a new phone with a keyboard and good specs. Then maybe a change
    12-17-16 01:49 AM
    I wouldn't mind a windows phone with a blackberry style keyboard.
    12-17-16 06:31 AM
    BB10 without a doubt. I currently use Android, but have used Windows phone, BB10, IOS and Android almost equally for the past 7 years and BB10 is superior in almost every category. Even more so that you can sideload almost anything you want; It is a sure shot. The Passport was an absolute joy to use and the feature set that Blackberries offers is unrivaled. I LOVE Android, however, when the newest Blackberry/TCL device is released, (Mercury or whichever device has the full time QWERTY keyboard) I will get it as what they have done with Android is incredible. They have managed to capture the power and control of BB10 wih the fluidity of Android.

The Lumia phones are really smooth and a joy to look at but... The devices are severly hampered by an appstore that barely exists and it is plagued by SPAM apps.

Go with BB10 and dive in as their is ALOT to learn.
    12-17-16 07:59 AM
    BB10 without a doubt. I currently use Android, but have used Windows phone, BB10, IOS and Android almost equally for the past 7 years and BB10 is superior in almost every category. Even more so that you can sideload almost anything you want; It is a sure shot. The Passport was an absolute joy to use and the feature set that Blackberries offers is unrivaled. I LOVE Android, however, when the newest Blackberry/TCL device is released, (Mercury or whichever device has the full time QWERTY keyboard) I will get it as what they have done with Android is incredible. They have managed to capture the power and control of BB10 wih the fluidity of Android.

The Lumia phones are really smooth and a joy to look at but... The devices are severly hampered by an appstore that barely exists and it is plagued by SPAM apps.

Go with BB10 and dive in as their is ALOT to learn.
    Gonna disagree with you big time there,

Bb10 was awesome but as soon as Facebook and whatsapp started pulling support and blackberry closed their app development centre etc,

Writing was on the wall.

Personally feel android is the way to go due to its customisation and ease of use.

But it's my personal preference, priv user here.

Bb10 is why I'm loyal to the blackberry brand.
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-17-16 10:03 AM
    Gonna disagree with you big time there,

Bb10 was awesome but as soon as Facebook and whatsapp started pulling support and blackberry closed their app development centre etc,

Writing was on the wall.

Personally feel android is the way to go due to its customisation and ease of use.

But it's my personal preference, priv user here.

Bb10 is why I'm loyal to the blackberry brand.
    I don't see how that affects the quality of the OS itself. I agree that obviously the lack of apps and support make actually using BB10 in the long term impractical, but in terms of the OS itself and how it works, the UI, etc. I have to agree with the guy you replied to. I'm the same way, I've tried and used every OS, albeit the last Windows Phone I used was still WP8, but I have, and the one that's the most intuitive and easiest to use is by far BB10.

But I am definitely keeping my eye open for that new Android powered pkb device that is yet to be announced due to the reasons already stated, but to me just because the majority chose not to support the OS doesn't make it any less good of an OS. It's still the best in my opinion, and now we're being forced to move to the 2nd best, also in my opinion...

How I would rank the OS's:
    BB10 > Android > iOS > Windows Phone

gebco likes this.
    12-17-16 11:39 AM
31 12