I don't get it. We have this amazing technology that goes with the pkb-- the trackpad! Yet people say it "looks ugly" or it's ancient technology. If the trackpad concept came out today, people would be all over it, latest and greatest wow, look at the precision! Instead, because it apparently looks ugly, these new phones keep trying to reinvent the trackpad by making it not-a-trackpad. Useless! I'm a die-hard Classic user, and this Mercury phone has zero appeal. It's huge and ugly, and it has no trackpad. I will never buy it. Make it Classic sized with the toolbelt and trackpad, and yes, absolutely i'd buy one. But not the Mercury, will pass.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by aventurine; 01-02-17 at 11:22 AM.
    01-02-17 11:05 AM
    I don't get it. We have this amazing technology that goes with the pkb-- the trackpad! Yet people say it "looks ugly" or it's ancient technology. If the trackpad concept came out today, people would be all over it, latest and greatest wow, look at the precision! Instead, because it apparently looks ugly, these new phones keep trying to reinvent the trackpad by making it not-a-trackpad. Useless! I'm a die-hard Classic user, and this Mercury phone has zero appeal. It's huge and ugly, and it has no trackpad. I will never buy it. Make it Classic sized with the toolbelt and trackpad, and yes, absolutely i'd buy one. But not the Mercury, will pass.

Posted via CB10
    Well, make it Classic size and people will complain the screen is too small. Can't please everyone I guess...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-02-17 11:33 AM
    I love my PRIV and the PKB that is on it. I'm going to be checking out the Mercury when released but I'm so happy with the PRIV I can see myself using it for another couple of years no problem.
    01-02-17 11:45 AM
    As I said before. It's all about what type of user you are. Are you a creator? Then you need a keyboard and a smaller screen. Are you a consumer? Then you need a giant screen and don't care about a keyboard since you're using emojis instead anyways.

I am definitely a creator and really look forward to a 4 inch screen with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    100% truth
    I feel this way all the time. When I had a BlackBerry I use to type all the time. Even with a phone with a larger screen now, I always find long form typing to be a pain.

I can't wait for the Mercury to come! Get back to my writing and creating!
    01-02-17 06:23 PM
    To everyone who is concerned that the KEYone screen is too small: It's not. I made a quick comparison to show you the differences. Also the soft buttons on the PRIV take away much of its screen real estate. Very clever move to make them capacitive on the KEYone.

BlackBerry Mercury's display will be smaller than the PRIV no thanks...-display-sizes.jpg
    jakie55 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-09-17 02:27 AM
    Smaller than passport

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-09-17 03:35 AM
    Who cares? ^^
    Uzi and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-09-17 04:21 AM
    pizzawheel, you 100% joking or half joking? I think a dual screen pkb/slab device could work.
    100% slab on one side
    pkb w/screen on the other
    only one screen can be active at a time, maybe via physical switch?
    if you're on pkb side, doing some email, and get a link to a video, flip device, and/or vice versa...
    03-09-17 06:15 AM
    pizzawheel, you 100% joking or half joking? I think a dual screen pkb/slab device could work.
    100% slab on one side
    if you're on pkb side, doing some email, and get a link to a video, flip device, and/or vice versa...
    Damn! I see it, sounds and looks quite interesting and intriguing since batteries are now imbedded in phones nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 06:39 AM
    Then get a Priv. What's the problem?
    ^This
    03-10-17 03:07 PM
    That could work, but I honestly find selling things a hassle and do it only once in a while.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Slag I don't know where you are but I'm up in Canada and had some pretty simple transactions on Kijiji.. I always price them right so it's usually not to difficult . But I hear ya
    03-10-17 03:20 PM
    Smaller than passport

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    Passport screen is 8% bigger using the full screen, but 28% smaller when viewing 16:9 apps or media.
    03-10-17 03:32 PM
    I have bought an used Priv because I could not wait for the Keyone. Now I regret not having wait. I don't like huge phones, and the Priv is definitely too much for me, accustomed for many years to a Bold 9900. Love its keyboard...
    03-17-17 09:20 PM
    I have bought an used Priv because I could not wait for the Keyone. Now I regret not having wait. I don't like huge phones, and the Priv is definitely too much for me, accustomed for many years to a Bold 9900. Love its keyboard...
    The overall size of the priv and keyone are very close . I don't think your gaining much .if size is your only concern
    03-17-17 09:28 PM
    I love my PRIV and the PKB that is on it. I'm going to be checking out the Mercury when released but I'm so happy with the PRIV I can see myself using it for another couple of years no problem.
    Same here. This is my first blackberry slider and its the best one I've ever used. I had the HTC Touch Pro 2 and that keyboard was nice but I think the Priv is better.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-17-17 10:47 PM
    You're missing the point, it IS about the PKB, that is worth the screen real estate for many.

Choice is a good thing, so is offering more models with something for everyone with different tastes.

I guess I won't mention how perfect the screen size is on my device

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    th.1977 likes this.
    03-17-17 11:15 PM
    Great posts. I'm seeing this herd mentality in all aspects of society, and at least politically, there has been some major pushback to the highly visible echo chamber in the US and Europe.

I'm convinced this has much do to with the mainstream media. Why do we see so many blogs and tech sites vehemently denigrating BlackBerry? What did BlackBerry do to these people? Why such anger? People wishing the company would die? It disgusts me. Since when did we stop rooting for underdogs? Since when did we start kicking people when they're down? It seems distinctly antithetical to American values.

Posted via CB10
    Same is happening to me: I have had Blackberry devices since about 2007. I now have an old Bold 9900 which I do love for many reasons: pkb, its size, the possibility to go one handed typing, etc etc. I had to switch to the Priv because this old BB 9900 is going to die (battery life is almost zero), and because of the whatsApp switching - off problem (which made me furious because it makes you buy another device even though you don't want to). When people ask me what brand I have chosen to replace my "old ugly ridiculous" Blackberry 9900 (those are the words tipically used by standard Apple, Samsung or other rubbish brand consumers), at my answer "I have still chosen a Blackberry (even though it is in difficulty, even though it is going to make software only), they look at me as a white fly, with a mix of compassion and disgust in their eyes. This is something that makes me furious but proud at the sane time, because I do love to have something that is not understood by the majority of herd people. I do love to be unique, with a device which have the pkb, yes physical keyboard, the one that is despised by herd people happy to tap on their huge displays full of unuseful apps
    kitmo likes this.
    03-18-17 01:54 AM
    Same is happening to me: I have had Blackberry devices since about 2007. I now have an old Bold 9900 which I do love for many reasons: pkb, its size, the possibility to go one handed typing, etc etc. I had to switch to the Priv because this old BB 9900 is going to die (battery life is almost zero), and because of the whatsApp switching - off problem (which made me furious because it makes you buy another device even though you don't want to). When people ask me what brand I have chosen to replace my "old ugly ridiculous" Blackberry 9900 (those are the words tipically used by standard Apple, Samsung or other rubbish brand consumers), at my answer "I have still chosen a Blackberry (even though it is in difficulty, even though it is going to make software only), they look at me as a white fly, with a mix of compassion and disgust in their eyes. This is something that makes me furious but proud at the sane time, because I do love to have something that is not understood by the majority of herd people. I do love to be unique, with a device which have the pkb, yes physical keyboard, the one that is despised by herd people happy to tap on their huge displays full of unuseful apps
    If you want to use it, use it. Don't worry so much about what other's think. I was upset about Whatsapp also but for that I blame Zuckerberg because he decided to end support for that, not Blackberry. Yes others will say it is all about $ and profit blah blah. If you still have BIS, keep on Truckin'. I used a Motorola 650 flip from 1997 right until 2007! I loved putting it on the table at a cafe and seeing the looks on people's faces. No one laughed though, no one mocked, but it was a great conversation piece

I also use an iphone so I get you man.

PS: new JM1 batteries are $7-$10 on Ebay or get one of the 3500 Mah monsters and be able to run for a few days.

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-18-17 at 03:45 AM.
    03-18-17 03:01 AM
    100% slab on one side
    Where would the camera go?
    03-18-17 03:59 AM
    If you want to use it, use it. Don't worry so much about what other's think. I was upset about Whatsapp also but for that I blame Zuckerberg because he decided to end support for that, not Blackberry. Yes others will say it is all about $ and profit blah blah. If you still have BIS, keep on Truckin'. I used a Motorola 650 flip from 1997 right until 2007! I loved putting it on the table at a cafe and seeing the looks on people's faces. No one laughed though, no one mocked, but it was a great conversation piece

I also use an iphone so I get you man.

PS: new JM1 batteries are $7-$10 on Ebay or get one of the 3500 Mah monsters and be able to run for a few days.

Yes, it was Zuckerberg's fault , not Blackberry. I am sticking with Blackberry
    03-18-17 05:19 AM
    The screen will be a totally useful, functional size, the OS will be optimised, and able to use any and all apps one could want. And of course, the beautiful physical keyboard. Can't wait.
    03-18-17 08:32 PM
    The screen will be a totally useful, functional size, the OS will be optimised, and able to use any and all apps one could want. And of course, the beautiful physical keyboard. Can't wait.
    I understand you: I bought an used Priv, but now I am doubting I have done the right thing. Maybe I should have been more confident and wait for "Mercury" (Keyone) release. Frankly, I thought it was much ado about nothing; I couldn't be more wrong. I didn't think they would have ever made it so soon. Sob
    03-19-17 02:40 AM
197 ... 678