Probably about the same since it'll have the additional hardware cost of the pkb.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm actually betting more of in the middle.

DTEK50/Mercury/DTEK60
    299/399/499

Which is why I have no idea why Mercury is rumoured to be called DTEK70, 55 makes more sense. This one replaces Classic, not Passport. Priv replaced Passport's price point. DTEK50 replaces Leap and Z10. Granted, you have to factor in the price of the screens (since it's non standard 3:2 at that size) and keyboards.
    10-17-16 05:42 PM
    I think SD652 would be better. But pkb phones focus is on text so better SoC even though I would want it is not that important. SD625 is pretty decent too would work smooth.
    SD652 is as bad as the 810 and 808 generation. Large size die, prone to overheating
    10-17-16 05:58 PM
    More like the things people who held the phone told them actually. Dylan even went far and said there are many exciting devices in the pipeline. I am really curious and confused .
    Really, what does that mean? Other designs they may get other manufacturers to build for them? Or maybe if the Mercury is profitable someone may change their mind about shutting the hardware business?
    10-17-16 05:59 PM
    Just read this! Maybe for Christmas.
    BlackBerry Mercury Surfaces, Might Have Hardware Keyboard
    October 17, 2016 - Written By David Steele

Canadian software company and handset manufacturer started selling BlackBerry-branded Android handsets last year with the introduction of the PRIV. This was followed earlier this year by the DTEK50. The PRIV, showing above, comes with a slider keyboard chassis and BlackBerry�s take on Google Android, which is a near-stock implementation of the software. The DTEK50 is an all-touchscreen Android smartphone which, again, uses Android as modified and hardened by BlackBerry. More recently, we have seen a new BlackBerry preparing a flagship device, the DTEK60, which has yet to be officially launched. This makes three smartphones that have either been launched or have all but been revealed and today, we�ve news that a new, fourth model, has been tested on GeekBench.

This new model carries the model designation BBB100-1 or the BlackBerry Mercury. From what can be seen, the BlackBerry Mercury has mid-range hardware: it�s based around the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset paired up with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 is an interesting chipset from Qualcomm as it�s based around eight 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 cores with a maximum clock speed of 2.0 GHz, plus the Adreno 506 GPU. However, the chipset is constructed at the 14nm process size, which brings about some important power consumption and heat production benefits. Furthermore, the BlackBerry Mercury is running Android 7.0 Nougat as tested according to the leaked benchmark. The combination of a power efficient, mid-range chipset plus Google�s battery-optimized Android 7.0 Nougat could make the BlackBerry Mercury an interesting mid-range device. The device is also believed to have a 4.5-inch, 720p resolution display with an aspect ratio of 4:3, which sounds very much as though the BlackBerry Mercury will also come with a hardware keyboard � something that should interest BlackBerry fans from yesteryear. Other rumors also point towards the BlackBerry Mercury coming with a 3,400 mAh rechargeable battery and an 18MP rear camera.

Unfortunately, it�s still unknown how far along the development cycle the BlackBerry Mercury is. With BlackBerry still yet to launch the DTEK60, it may be some weeks of even months before the new Mercury is ready for an announcement. However, the holiday season is coming up, which is traditionally an important time of year for smartphone sales. Considering this, it is possible that the new BlackBerry Mercury is close to an official release.
    10-17-16 06:24 PM
    I'm personally waiting for an Android "Passport" style phone rumoured to be in the works.

Posted via CB10
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    10-17-16 06:39 PM
    SD652 is as bad as the 810 and 808 generation. Large size die, prone to overheating
    My sister's Samsung A9 seems to run just fine with the SoC... I thought 808/810 was more to do with the A57.
    10-17-16 06:48 PM
    My sister's Samsung A9 seems to run just fine with the SoC... I thought 808/810 was more to do with the A57.
    652 it's 28nm nod, same as 810 and 808... the 625 is 14nm nod like the 820. Much more energy efficient and less prone to overheat. Smaller manufacturing process, less heat
    10-17-16 07:01 PM
    652 it's 28nm nod, same as 810 and 808... the 625 is 14nm nod like the 820. Much more energy efficient and less prone to overheat. Smaller manufacturing process, less heat
    And I'm talking to you about real world application, an actual phone with the said SoC. Also die shrink also does not necessarily translate to less heat.

Intel admits Ivy Bridge chips run hotter | TheINQUIRER
    10-17-16 07:04 PM
    I'm personally waiting for an Android "Passport" style phone rumoured to be in the works.

Posted via CB10
    By rumoured, do you mean completely denied by Alex Thurber who says it's NOT anywhere on the road map or plans?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-16 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is no Passport style rumored to be in the works. You're hanging onto ghosts.
    10-17-16 07:07 PM
    I'm am kind of spoiled with my priv you get the best of both worlds. I actually really like mobile gaming. Have downloaded and completed some very intense FPS with decent controls on a mobile platform. It would be hard to go back. I will never pick a full touch device over a PKB. Not unless there are none available. So it sounds VERY good that the specs on this device could actually outperform the Priv... or at least be on par. This is going to be my next device I wonder will this be there last pkb device ever? I really hope the price is right with this one.

"PKB"
    10-17-16 07:51 PM
    I'm am kind of spoiled with my priv you get the best of both worlds. I actually really like mobile gaming. Have downloaded and completed some very intense FPS with decent controls on a mobile platform. It would be hard to go back. I will never pick a full touch device over a PKB. Not unless there are none available. So it sounds VERY good that the specs on this device could actually outperform the Priv... or at least be on par. This is going to be my next device I wonder will this be there last pkb device ever? I really hope the price is right with this one.

"PKB"
    In a nutshell: 808 can outperform the 625 for gaming, because the 625 is optimized for all-around multitasking.
    10-17-16 07:56 PM
    In a nutshell: 808 can outperform the 625 for gaming, because the 625 is optimized for all-around multitasking.
    Well we will see. Will read reviews and see what the end product is. If it's not good for gaming big decision I have to make.

"PKB"
    10-17-16 08:18 PM
    On a side note, I finally accomplished having a topic amongst those on trending since I joined CB and get Bla1ze to write an article based on this post. I know, I am being silly :P
    Last edited by gng11; 10-17-16 at 11:41 PM.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-17-16 08:27 PM
    hmm

Qualcomm announces three new mid-tier Snapdragon processors | MobileSyrup.com

hopefully BB ops for the upgrade since there is really no excuse since it will be available end of this year.
    10-17-16 08:38 PM
    hmm

hopefully BB ops for the upgrade since there is really no excuse since it will be available end of this year.
    Will be surprised if that happens.

"PKB"
    10-17-16 08:59 PM
    hmm

I don't think it's a huge deal, in reality it's a clock speedbump.

626 would be the drop-in replacement and. but unless BlackBerry gets an upgrade for free I don't think they will bother.
    10-17-16 09:02 PM
    I don't think it's a huge deal, in reality it's a clock speedbump.

626 would be the drop-in replacement and. but unless BlackBerry gets an upgrade for free I don't think they will bother.
    my guess is no order has been put in for the chips anyway. Better radio would be good to see along with the 10% CPU bump.
    10-17-16 09:05 PM
    my guess is no order has been put in for the chips anyway. Better radio would be good to see along with the 10% CPU bump.
    There is also a chance the sample devices we saw on Geekbench are already using the new chips. Since they are architecturally identical to 625, it's just recognized as that.

It happened with DTEK50 before. Has a 617, but detected as 615: BlackBerry Hamburg Crosses GFXBench: Snapdragon 615, 5.2-Inch Display, Android 6.0.1 : TECH : Tech Times

Just like how CPU-Z isn't updated to detect newer Intel parts.
    10-17-16 09:14 PM
    Just noticed something. After looking closely at the Geekbench results, seems like Mercury may have a slightly different processor than the Moto Z Play. I wonder if it is the 626.

Maybe thurask can chime in?

Mercury:
    BlackBerry BBB100-1 - Geekbench Browser
    ARM implementer 65 architecture 8 variant 0 part 3331 revision 4
    Moto Z Play (which has the 625):
    motorola XT1635-03 - Geekbench Browser
    ARM implementer 65 architecture 7 variant 0 part 3331 revision 4
    10-17-16 09:27 PM
    Maybe thurask can chime in?
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    10-17-16 09:31 PM
    Just adding my two cents in hopes that the Blackberry people read these messages. I've never owned a Blackberry phone before but I want this one really really really bad!!! Willing to preorder. Please, take my money... my Droid 4 is on its last legs...
    10-17-16 09:33 PM
    Other devices with "ARM implementer 65 architecture 8 variant 0 part 3331 revision 4" and Qualcomm CPUs (so excluding Exynos/Mediatek):

Oppo F1F (410)
    ZTE Zmax Pro (617)
    Huawei Nova Plus (625)
    Lenovo Vibe P2 (625)
    LG G4 (808)

I got nothing.
    10-17-16 09:37 PM
    Other devices with "ARM implementer 65 architecture 8 variant 0 part 3331 revision 4" and Qualcomm CPUs (so excluding Exynos/Mediatek):

Oppo F1F (410)
    ZTE Zmax Pro (617)
    Huawei Nova Plus (625)
    Lenovo Vibe P2 (625)
    LG G4 (808)

I got nothing.
    Kinda strange, Priv has "ARM implementer 65 architecture 8 variant 1 part 3335 revision 2" for its 808.

Like you said... �\_(ツ)_/�
    10-17-16 10:05 PM
    BlackBerry Classic was $449 at launch, and the Passport was $599. I would expect that if the Mercury is an in-house design, it will cost on the high end of this range (maybe $549?).

That's the problem with weak buying power, and why they have moved to partners and licences.

So, bottom line, I think it will cost more than the DTEK60, despite having lesser specs.
    10-17-16 10:06 PM
204 ... 23456 ...