EXCLUSIVE: Alcatel Secure Rights To Blackberry Smartphones | channelnews

So does that mean the DTEK70/ Mercury will be an Alcatel and coming out next year? I had hoped for a pre Christmas launch and I think that would have been a wise move, but sanity is something BlackBerry has been missing for some time now

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    12-08-16 11:27 PM
    Did you read that article? I'm not saying it's not possibly right, but good grief. So much wrong in there. Either that or they're writing as if the DTEK50 and DTEK60 don't already exist in their world. And honestly, you were hoping for a pre-xmas launch of the Mercury? That ain't happening. Don't think that was EVER going to happen.
    12-08-16 11:28 PM
    Lol, I was going to post it too, but could not decide what forum to do so!

There are a lot of confusing statements in it.

Interesting take though, but why would Alcatel be producing the dtek70??

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 11:34 PM
    Did you read that article? I'm not saying it's not possibly right, but good grief. So much wrong in there. Either that or they're writing as if the DTEK50 and DTEK60 don't already exist in their world. And honestly, you were hoping for a pre-xmas launch of the Mercury? That ain't happening.
    Where's Prem? He could tell us.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 11:34 PM
    Yes I read it and besides the obvious incongruity in this article, it was also suspicious that there so far was no official PR from BlackBerry which I would have expected for such a substantial move.

And yes I hoped for a pre Christmas release of the Mercury since John Chen said weeks ago it will come soon, but given his history of missing dead lines and/ or his understanding of the word "soon" I should have known better

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 12:13 AM
    �Blackberry DTEK70 will be powered by Qualcoom Snapdragon 625 processor, 3GB RAM, 3GB built-in storage� massive storage.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 12:33 AM
    �Blackberry DTEK70 will be powered by Qualcoom Snapdragon 625 processor, 3GB RAM, 3GB built-in storage� massive storage.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't even get me started......this article has just confused things.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 01:41 AM
    Did you read that article? I'm not saying it's not possibly right, but good grief. So much wrong in there. Either that or they're writing as if the DTEK50 and DTEK60 don't already exist in their world. And honestly, you were hoping for a pre-xmas launch of the Mercury? That ain't happening. Don't think that was EVER going to happen.
    The article is obviously trash and possibly the release date is around February. But, weren't you the one dismissing the presentation leak?

Hi, I am the Christmas ghost.
    12-09-16 09:37 AM
    Chen has led to believe all along would be out around Feb '17 so unless he says otherwise, that's what should be expected.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 09:47 AM
    Where's Prem? He could tell us.
    Our Prem is not Prem Watsa.
    12-09-16 11:52 AM
    Chen has led to believe all along would be out around Feb '17 so unless he says otherwise, that's what should be expected.
    Except the licensing deal seems to have taken longer than Chen indicated.
    12-09-16 11:54 AM
    It could just be written by someone who wants to be first to break the story, and like most people in the world, he doesn't have a clue as to what new BlackBerry devices have been released recently.

I also would expect that the rumored deal would be with TCL rather than Alcatel.
    12-09-16 12:03 PM
    The article is obviously trash and possibly the release date is around February. But, weren't you the one dismissing the presentation leak?

Hi, I am the Christmas ghost.
    Dismiss, no. Question the veracity of like anyone with a brain would, yes.
    12-09-16 01:48 PM
    I smell something burning.
    12-09-16 01:50 PM
    I smell something burning.
    Is it toast Doctor Penfield?

(Maybe that's too obscure and only Canadians will get it.)
    00stryder likes this.
    12-09-16 01:52 PM
    I concur. A December release date is no good. Let BlackBerry take their time and do it right. Next year is fine. Or have people already forgotten what happened when samsung rushed one of their recent phones?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    12-09-16 01:55 PM
    Wouldn't call it that. But seeing how rude this post is already. Nevermind.
    12-09-16 02:02 PM
    Wouldn't call it that. But seeing how rude this post is already. Nevermind.
    I'm rude for expecting people to use their brains and question things?

�\_(ツ)_/�
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-09-16 02:07 PM
    I'm rude for expecting people to use their brains and question things?

�\_(ツ)_/�
    Of course that is what we all expect. You are rude in your choice for words I guess maybe ruthless sense of humour couldn't figured out yet.

I could have just said good luck with that brain. That would be kind of words I am talking about but hey, nevermind.
    12-09-16 02:10 PM
    Of course that is what we all expect. You are rude in your choice for words I guess maybe ruthless sense of humour couldn't figured out yet.

I could have just said good luck with that brain. That would be kind of words I am talking about but hey, nevermind.
    My bluntness and humor are often confused with rudeness to those who don't know me or interact with me on more personal levels. I'm OK with that.
    12-09-16 02:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like with 10.3.3....?
    It will be late 2018 when the mercury is official in stores :P

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:26 PM
    Of course that is what we all expect. You are rude in your choice for words I guess maybe ruthless sense of humour couldn't figured out yet..
    Give Bla1ze a break. Just consider how much stuff he has to read as part of his job, and about which he doesn't make seemingly rude comments about, but could.
    Bla1ze and fanBBRY like this.
    12-09-16 02:54 PM
    My bluntness and humor are often confused with rudeness to those who don't know me or interact with me on more personal levels. I'm OK with that.

You are a real living person, I thought it was a myth,
    12-09-16 02:55 PM
    You are a real living person, I thought it was a myth,
    Alcatel secures exclusive rights to BlackBerry?-200_s.gif
    DarkJoker33 and 00stryder like this.
    12-09-16 03:00 PM
    Yes I read it and besides the obvious incongruity in this article, it was also suspicious that there so far was no official PR from BlackBerry which I would have expected for such a substantial move.

And yes I hoped for a pre Christmas release of the Mercury since John Chen said weeks ago it will come soon, but given his history of missing dead lines and/ or his understanding of the word "soon" I should have known better

Posted via CB10
    I believe John Chen is using Blizzard's definition of soon:

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Urban Dictionary: soon
    matthewkuhl and 00stryder like this.
    12-09-16 03:38 PM
111 123 ...