Hearing of a new device that has now popped up.. don't have much details but:

Internal Name - Aristo r081
    Known Specs - Quadcore processor
    Timing: Late 2013

*place a grain of salt here* lol. Could also be a successor as well I suppose, I have no info on when it began design.
    07-20-12 07:44 PM
    Niceeeee ... All touch??
    07-20-12 07:54 PM
    I would imagine your source is hiding deep inside the new Dev Alpha os? Quadcore at launch would of been phenomenal.
    07-20-12 07:57 PM
    Will waiting for this and happy in bold 9930
    07-20-12 09:14 PM
    I'm pretty (if this right) sure this might be one of the designs or devices as a successor to the torch 9800 series touchscreen Slider keyboard. BB10 slider.
    07-20-12 10:22 PM
    Right now they need to get out of the blocks with a quad core to actually make waves.
    Q1 2013 everything will be quad core at the top end, regardless of whether its necessary or not.
    07-21-12 03:22 AM
    i wanna see it
    10-01-12 04:45 PM
    Please explain to me why bb10 needs to be quad core at launch... BB10 seems to run plenty smooth on a dual core phone.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that the general public cares about specs (but some may be pursuaded by salesmen pushing specs over function I guess.)

I care about specs myself and will buy the quad core as soon as it is avilible, but I aslo upgrade my phone every year so I think the timing of this is great, its rumored to come out a year from bb10s earlier launch date (ignoring the pre-thor launch date promises)
    10-01-12 05:15 PM
    Please explain to me why bb10 needs to be quad core at launch... BB10 seems to run plenty smooth on a dual core phone.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that the general public cares about specs (but some may be pursuaded by salesmen pushing specs over function I guess.)

I care about specs myself and will buy the quad core as soon as it is avilible, but I aslo upgrade my phone every year so I think the timing of this is great, its rumored to come out a year from bb10s earlier launch date (ignoring the pre-thor launch date promises)

the general public doesn't care, but they want the devices with the highest numbers, if techis see high powered numbers they will push it and tell their friends to buy it. there is a reason Apple doesn't tell you hardware numbers, they are usually lower then everyone elses yet they are still pretty quick none the less, they simply say the iphone 5 is twice as fast as the 4S and the 4S is twise as fast and its GPU is 4 times faster then the iPhone4, but what they don't realise is that 1.2ghz dual core with 1gb RAM is lower then most of the Androids being released now and the 4S actually had a slower clock speed then the iPhone4 but has a better GPU and dual cores
    10-05-12 02:44 AM
    the general public doesn't care, but they want the devices with the highest numbers, if techis see high powered numbers they will push it and tell their friends to buy it. there is a reason Apple doesn't tell you hardware numbers, they are usually lower then everyone elses yet they are still pretty quick none the less, they simply say the iphone 5 is twice as fast as the 4S and the 4S is twise as fast and its GPU is 4 times faster then the iPhone4, but what they don't realise is that 1.2ghz dual core with 1gb RAM is lower then most of the Androids being released now and the 4S actually had a slower clock speed then the iPhone4 but has a better GPU and dual cores
    I don't claim to be an expert but does the operating systems make much use of the quad core and all that or is it just there to sell devices but in fact have no effect on actual performance?
    Guignards likes this.
    10-05-12 08:24 AM
    I hope the Aristo is the name of the first blackberry 10 device thats launched. L series is alright, but doesnt catch my eye. Maybe its just me, but its all about the hardware at this point. The software will rock! The hardware needs to follow.
    11-07-12 07:37 PM
    Quadcore is stupid, stupid, stupid for such an os. It will be 5x more battery hungry and only be effective on apps and games. +.+

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-10-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD