- CrackBerry User
- 12 Posts
Music Library issues
I have an issue syncing my media library to BlackBerry Link. It can't locate my itunes library. I get the first message that Blackberry link cannot find my music and I should close and re-open, tried it a million times.
When I go into the settings and change the library to Windows Media Player and then switch it back I get the message that there is no music in my itunes library.
I then uninstall and re-install both link and Itunes several times (even installing old versions of itunes) and retry the above steps to no avail.
I then took all of my media and transferred it to Windows Media player and run into the same issues.
I called blackberry tech support and apparently I'm not the only one with this issue and they are currently working on a fix that will be available during the blackberry link 1.1 issue.
Incase you have this issue aswell this is what they've given me:
"Here are some steps you can try to gain access to the music.
1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link and iTunes
2. Create another user account on Windows 8 and log in
3. Download BlackBerry Link from the BlackBerry website and download the latest version of iTunes
4. Disable any firewall or antivirus software temporarily and install Link and iTunes
5. Reboot the computer
6. Log into the test account and import your music to iTunes
7. Right click on the BlackBerry Link and select Run as Administrator. (This may or may not be an option)
8. Plug the BlackBerry 10 into the computer and go through the setup
9. Attempt to view music on the computer via BlackBerry Link and provide the results"
I am using windows 8 BTW.
- 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM #4
Just use your phone as a media device and drag and drop them. It is faster than syncing anyway. Or if your media card is already formated take it out of the phone and stick it in your computer and drag and drop to your music folder. Again, much faster than BlackBerry Link.
Posted via CB10Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
- 03-25-2013, 03:38 PM #5
my bb link doesn't have an issue finding my iTunes library..i got problem syncing with it it start the syncing then stop and tell me I have an update which is crap cause I have the latest software....so the bb link not very good...I had to take my sd card out of the phone and use the computer to transfer those files into the sd card the only way to put my 87 songs in
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-31-2013, 06:50 AM #6
- 485 Posts
I think a better issues lies with the ability to sync iTunes' playlists. I found the dragging over the files manually doesnt bring the playlist over.
I found that the iTunes Sync app worked great for my PlayBook and is availble on the Z10; however, its syncs with device's storage rather than the media card's. If you dont mind having your music on your device's storage, this is a good app in replacement to BBLink. But if you're like me with 5.41 GBs or more of music and rather not have that on your device, you'll have to wait for BBRY to fix the issue.
- CrackBerry Abuser
06-13-2013, 10:04 AM #10
- 111 Posts
My music library still lists files that I've since deleted off the device - I can't delete them from my library or even find them anywhere so why is it giving me the option to play them only to error out?
This is getting really stupid as I've already done a factory reset of my handset (Q10) and essentially copied the sdcard onto my laptop, and reformatted the card and it is still showing up - I have scoured every bit of memory and can't find the file associated with the library and ready to pull out my hair - is anyone else having a similar issue?
PS I am not able to use blackberry support as O2 have not paid for it, and as lovely as they are they are completely clueless as to how to fix anything on any of my handsets.
Oh and there is the issue of my album art going missing even tho the link software shoes it fine.
- By zinadork in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2008, 02:58 PM
- By zinadork in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:53 PM
- By dleiftah in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 14Last Post: 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
- By tljleljl in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
- By jrancer in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 2Last Post: 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM