Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Link WiFi

Blackberry Link software seems to insinuate that I can connect to my Z10 using Link if it's on the same network as my computer is. I can't find any documentation on how to make this work. I'm assuming I should launch Link and ensure my Z10 is connected to the same network. Do both my computer and phone need to be on the same wireless AP perhaps, not just on the same network?

Global Posts
    10,537 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

WiFi connection via Link has been a bit flakey for me. Just attach your BlackBerry as a Network Drive.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

Starting to see some problems. I can't connect to BlackBerry ID any a more and play lists from iTunes are shuffled through and some songs appear in the wrong playlists. Will reinstall the app tonight and hope for the best.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

same thing for me... link won't discover a wifi device.... how do you use the device as a network drive? i want to have the ability to sync music over wifi, thats all
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask!! i,ll bbm if i like ye !!

I want to be able to back up that would be a start!!
    DAVESHIZ BB Z30 -BB PLAYBOOK

USING CB10 ON MY Z30
    Jeezo 500 posts already!!
    8900-9800-9900-z10-z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

Have you tried to use the un install routine reboot your device and try again?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask!! i,ll bbm if i like ye !!

Yes I tried that however good news this morning I deleted again!! And downloaded the new updated link today _happy days worked like a treat first time chuffed
    DAVESHIZ BB Z30 -BB PLAYBOOK

USING CB10 ON MY Z30
    Jeezo 500 posts already!!
    8900-9800-9900-z10-z30
    CrackBerry User

I can't even get BlackBerry Link to install on my windows 8 64 bit laptop. It keeps crash in and I've tired to install and unistall a few times already. Anyone else have this issue and found a solution (works no problem on my surface pro)

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,043 Global Posts

My Z10 and my W7 PC with Link installed are in the same WiFi networkt, same AP. Latest Link-version and phone OS are installed. Can't connect the z10 to the computer through Wifi.Link says the z10 is not connected and I wants me to connect it. How? No documentation available! So frustrating.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

I got my Link software working on the iMac, and it does the whole wifi thing. Doesn't allow you to backup via wifi though. In fact, you can't do a lot with it on wifi. When attached with the USB cable, I tried dragging and dropping some photo's from the iMac to the Z10. Out of 10 I copied, only 1 showed up on the device. Dragging and dropping from iPhoto to the "removeable SD card" on the desktop worked though. Honestly, I can't see the benefit of fighting with Link anymore..... I'll just drag and drop when I need to.

Another issue. I can backup. No problem. But on the Link it says "Last backup: Never" whenever I re-start the software. This thing is flakey!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry Link WiFi

How can you chat from iphone to blackberry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

I said iPhoto, Raul. It's a Mac software for keeping photos etc.
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

The people that have used the WiFi feature on Link claim it's like magic.

However, lots of people using WiFi are not exactly network engineers and there are a variety of details about a particular network configuration that could prevent that from working.

Link for Windows apparently sets up the Z10 as an SMB/CIFS drive - ie uses Microsoft Windows networking protocols. If you don't know how to get Microsoft networking working on your home computer, then there's a significant chance you won't get Link working over WiFi, and/or are not going to be in a position to troubleshoot it if it's not working. (Situation is different with Macs, I'm not sure what network protocol Link uses on a Mac)

For example, many home devices have the ability to basically firewall all the connected wireless devices from each other, as a security measure. If that feature is turned-on, you will never be able to have Link talk to a Z10 if the PC is on a wireless link.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Anyone feel like putting together a How-to on working through the Link WiFi issues for Windows? Forgive me if one already exists - if so, please point me in that direction . I have more network connections at the moment than I know what to do with :S
    Sue Wilkes likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone having success with wifi sync that is willing to share details of their setup? Still unsuccessful here.

Update: I believe I have found the reason why Link is unable to detect my Z10, even though connected to both power source and LAN. I am unable to resolve as the network protection settings under my PCs antivirus client are locked by IT policy. Sh*t.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB33535

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    Last edited by ghgrossman; 04-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default These steps worked for me.

I had the same problem i.e. BBZ10 was not connecting to BB link on my computer via wifi. I did the following and it worked for me:
    1. Connected computer and Z10 both to the same wifi network
    2. Connected Z10 to a power source
    3. Shared (Music, Pictures, Videos) in Z10 settings>Media sharing. May be it is irrelevent but I did.
    4. Restarted both together (computer and Z10)

When I ran BB link on my computer after restart, it displayed me the good news that "your blackberry device is now connected". Now I am able to view BBZ10 as a drive in MY COMPUTER as well as it is syncing data to BB link.

I hope it will help somebody.
    Thanked by:
    stealthbob (08-24-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Also keep in mind that many home wireless routers may be blocking WiFi to WiFi connectivity, which could be a source of problems if the computer you are trying to connect to is also linked via wireless.

I don't know how many devices out there have this feature enabled by default, but I believe Linksys/Cisco calls it "isolation mode". That means that each device connected wirelessly can access network resources and the internet, but are blocked from communicating with other wireless devices connected to that same router/hotspot/wap.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by geekagaa View Post
    I had the same problem i.e. BBZ10 was not connecting to BB link on my computer via wifi. I did the following and it worked for me:
    3. Shared (Music, Pictures, Videos) in Z10 settings>Media sharing. May be it is irrelevent but I did.

When I ran BB link on my computer after restart, it displayed me the good news that "your blackberry device is now connected". Now I am able to view BBZ10 as a drive in MY COMPUTER as well as it is syncing data to BB link.

I hope it will help somebody.
    It helped me...

I did what you said and when it all booted up there it was !

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by geekagaa View Post

Thanks a lot for these hints. It works now. But to me it seems weird to plug a power source in the Z10 (in my case I often use the laptop usb port to charge my phone) when I want to connect it via WiFi (wireless!!) with my computer...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB Link unable to rediscover Q10 after losing wifi connectivity

The only way I can get BB Link to recognize my Q10 over wifi is to reboot. If I lose connectivity say by walking away from my wifi network then BB Link will not allow me to reconnect my Q10. Rebooting is not an option to fix this. I figure this has something to do with Blackberry Device Manager which if I could figure out a way to stop and restart the service might allow me to rediscover my Q10 without having to reboot. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and if so, do you know how best to stop and restart the Device Manager service (Exit is greyed out when right clicking on the icon in the task bar).
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickburke View Post
    The only way I can get BB Link to recognize my Q10 over wifi is to reboot. If I lose connectivity say by walking away from my wifi network then BB Link will not allow me to reconnect my Q10. Rebooting is not an option to fix this. I figure this has something to do with Blackberry Device Manager which if I could figure out a way to stop and restart the service might allow me to rediscover my Q10 without having to reboot. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and if so, do you know how best to stop and restart the Device Manager service (Exit is greyed out when right clicking on the icon in the task bar).

KB33535-BlackBerry Link will not detect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone when connected using Wi-Fi
    KB35488-Troubleshooting Issues with BlackBerry Link Software On BlackBerry Smartphones
    KB35458-Issues with connectivity between a BlackBerry smartphone and a computer
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks, but none of these articles address my issue. I can get my Q10 to connect to BB Link via wifi only once without either rebooting the PC or rebooting the Q10 should I lose connectivity such as leaving my house and returning later. Seems to me there is an issue with the Blackberry Device Manager service. If I could figure out how to stop and restart this service then maybe I have a workaround to the issue. However, right clicking on the icon in my task bar shows the "Exit" option to be greyed out and I cannot figure out in Task Manager which process to stop (and subsequently restart).

Thanks -- Rick
    CrackBerry Newbie

I figured out that I was not looking in the wrong place in Task Manager. I found the BB Device Manager in Services and was able to stop and restart the service. By doing this and by turning my wifi off and back on the Q10 I was able to reestablish my wifi connection between the Q10 and BB Link. Not perfect, but at least it's a workaround.
    CrackBerry User

I have the same problems; however, when I sent to my dad's house with my laptop and connected to his router, Link found my phone which was upstairs in my coat pocket!

The only difference was his router is different than mine. I haven't investigated further but all other factors were the same, just different router.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rickburke View Post
    I figured out that I was not looking in the wrong place in Task Manager. I found the BB Device Manager in Services and was able to stop and restart the service. By doing this and by turning my wifi off and back on the Q10 I was able to reestablish my wifi connection between the Q10 and BB Link. Not perfect, but at least it's a workaround.
    I opened windows task manager and ended Blackberry Device Manager, closed Link, then re-launched Blackberry Task Manager and immediately it found both Z10s!!

I also turned multicast streaming on in my router just before doing this..not sure if this helped...I'm not going to turn it off since it is finally working!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast