Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default account info needed update your password for PC ??? using link on PC

Your account is currently configured on the PC computer . You cam make config and sync changes for this account using BB link on PC.

What is this all about? Why am i getting notice about this in the hub. Where do I change a password for my computer and link. PC and link work together, what password? Where ?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,521 Global Posts

Did you happen to connect your device via BlackBerry Link using WIFI for syncing?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yeah I have wifi on . wifi syncs media . Why do you ask? Why cant anyone tell me why this is happening ?

The message comes at random times. First thing this morning, phone unplugged.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I get a notification at least once a day that I need to update my account password on my laptop, yet when I go to Blackberry Link on the laptop, I'm already signed in. I sign out of link and back in and still can't get rid of this notification. I really would like to get this resolved.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

that is correct , its a bug needs fixed
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does anyone have a fix for this yet? I get this notification at least once a day.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have exactly the same issue for quite some time. Message headline is: "Account data required" and text is "You have to update your account password for <pc name>" (my free translation into English).

I am running official 10.2.0.424 (1791) with latest BB Link 1.2.0.28. Connected only via USB, no WiFi. Message shows up as alert about once every day or every other day without any further information.

Any help or clues out there? Highly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by To_Stein; 12-25-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy

I also have this constant nagging problem. Is there no one out there with a potential solution?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333C7BEE

Have had the same intermittent issue for a very long time, using several different versions of Link as well as numerous different leaked OS versions for my Z10. Have yet to find a 'good' fix. Have just gotten used to deleting the notification and ignoring it. It would be nice if this issue would get addressed. It's been a while since Link was updated, perhaps a new BetaZone release is on the way, or even better perhaps a full and official release is in the works. Link has been SLOWLY improving since its original release, but definitely still in need of some serious improvements/bug fixes/feature enhancements/optimizations.

Should any of you find a CURE, please let me know.

Thanks
    Rick

Z10 STL100-4 v10.3.1.1151 / Playbook v2.1.0.1917
    CrackBerry Newbie

When you open Blackberry Link, at the top is a link that says Sign In. Go ahead and sign in with your Blackberry ID. Now you shouldn't get that message and you can now access files on your computer via your device.
    CrackBerry User

Add me to the list. Been dealing with this nuisance for many months. Doesn't matter if I am signed in or not. OS is Win7.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

It seems the problem has gone away for me. Not sure if it was the latest link upgrade, or installing the 10.2.1.176 os leak.
    CrackBerry User

Add me to the list. Been dealing with this exact same issue for many months.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Z10stl100-3/10.2.1.1055
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin? Ask me for it

Thig 'bug' happens when your BlackBerry hasn't been able to communicate with your computer for a while.
    I used to get the notifications as well until I found out that my PC goes into sleep mode after a set period of time which also disables my network adapter. When this happens my Z10 can't communicate with Link and I get the message in my Hub.

Check to see if your computer hasn't lost it's internet connection when you get the message or try to figure out the reason why your phone can't communicate with your PC (timeout, bad connection, ...)
    Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
    CrackBerry User

I found a SOLUTION!

I was struggling with this for 2 months and I got the notification every morning at 3 AM. "Account Info needed for XXXX-PC" - my BBLINK account.

Due to my work, I could not put my phone into sleep mode, so it woke us up and my wife was ready to through me out with my Z10....

Since OS 10.2.1 came out I was able to backup and restore my settings after an autoloader install.

I decided to wipe my phone, reloaded OS 10.2.1.3175 with autoloader and manually set all my accounts up from scratch.

MIRACLE: the notifications are gone! I can sleep again and my marriage is saved.

It has to be a glitch in the restore process of the accounts....