@ Current price, it's not worth. The specs of the LEAP doesn't come close to that of the Z30, or even alot better than Z10, except for the battery size and screen size.

I suggest that you look around for replacement battery and continue to live with Z10 until the release of the Slider or go for PASSPORT if your budget allows or if the latter gets some kind of price slashing now...
    How do you know it's not worth it? Have you tried or used the device! Before buying the Leap, I tried it out, side by side with the Z30 and inspite of the specs difference, in terms of performance, I couldn't see any. But that is just me.

People can make the choice for themselves, I think. As I said earlier, there are plenty of choices and options available.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-18-15 at 03:59 PM.
    06-16-15 07:51 PM
    How do you know it's not worth it?
    Have you tried or used the device! Before buying the Leap, I tried it out, side by side with the Z30 and inspite of the specs difference, in terms of performance, I couldn't see any. But that is just me....
    @ Current price, which is high enough to get other makes in the market with slightly better hardware specs... It's not worth.
    I had tried out the LEAP in the Telco's showroom with my friend's Z30 as well as my own Z3. I am not a gamer, hence I can't comment on the GPU performance, which you can google on the videos of such test. On general usage, the LEAP is almost as fast with my Z3 as well as the Z30, which both me and my BB fan friend agrees.
    This is why we don't feel that the current pricing is worth.
    06-19-15 05:04 AM
    Thank you for this unbiased review! Read all the comments as well. Regardless, if I read this or not I am getting my Leap this July! Woohoo!
    06-22-15 05:14 PM
    @ Current price, which is high enough to get other makes in the market with slightly better hardware specs... It's not worth.
    I had tried out the LEAP in the Telco's showroom with my friend's Z30 as well as my own Z3. I am not a gamer, hence I can't comment on the GPU performance, which you can google on the videos of such test. On general usage, the LEAP is almost as fast with my Z3 as well as the Z30, which both me and my BB fan friend agrees.
    This is why we don't feel that the current pricing is worth.
    It's not worth it for you. Doesn't mean it isn't for others. You can express your opinion at will, but please don't presume to think what the rest of us want or need...

If it's not worth for you as a device, fine, no one is forcing you to buy it...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-24-15 at 07:23 PM.
    06-23-15 08:29 PM
    Like most of the guys here, I've been with my zed10 for more than 2 years. It's been a good and successful one and it actually doesn't exhibit any problems or issues. It does what its suppose to do, plus more. However, as some might also feel it, the upgrade itch or buying a new phone syndrome has set in.

I'm tossed between the Leap and the zed30. I've read most, if not all, of the leap vs. Z30 threads but I'm still stumped as to what to get.

The argument as to getting a phone with better battery life is not an issue since my zed10 is on the ever popular 4500mah battery. Best 20USD I've ever purchased. I only charge at night, when I sleep, and I'm a power user in a country where signal strength is, in most cases, really bad!

Thus, with the battery issue aside, what do I get if I go for the Leap or the Z30, coming ofcourse from the z10. Am I just getting a bigger screen and nothing more?

I've read also here and in other threads that the Leap is "optimized" for the latest OS. Has BlackBerry or any tech savy person confirmed that there is really a real world difference it being as such? Does it mean that the zed30 which has a clear advantage in terms of specs would not trump up the Leap in terms of over all speed, the later allegedly being "optimized" for the latest OS?

Damn this upgrade itch!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:08 PM
    Me too. I have BB Z10 and now the new BB LEAP. It's a Great Smartphone. I like all the specs of this device.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:44 PM
31 12