I have a BB leap I was "Attempting" a glass only repair. I got really far into the process flawlessly. frame separation, to top-glass removal, then loca and cure. It was a lengthy process because I do not have some of the more expensive tools required. I got this far but while re-installing it ( the easy part) I could get the damn zif connector in securely. I ended up crimping it all up trying to stuff it in there from an awkward position. Is there any kind of technique that people know of for doing this a little more practical? I've read that when working with zif connectors there should be a small flap that you "flip-up" to make inserting it with minimal force possible, BUT I do not see any flaps or hinges. ZIF stands for zero insertion force. I crimped up the connector trying to get it in there to the point were the lcd I worked so hard to salvage is no longer working! Am I mistaking the LCD zif connector with something else?? Any help will surely be appreciated. I've been working on the leap for a while now and it has gotten me pretty discouraged.
    01-23-17 10:50 AM
    I found this thread where I, myself posted a video might MIGHT help.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...doing-1057793/

The OP (Original Poster) also gives some advice.
    01-23-17 12:11 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    pkcable likes this.
    01-23-17 03:08 PM