They should have called it the "P" series for "Primer." Entry level device, designed for the bargain conscious first-time user, etc.
    03-27-15 07:24 PM
    It should have been BlackBerry CHEAP instead of Leap.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:24 AM
    Leap, passport, Z30, Q10, classic...
    Still a LOT better than 4, 5, 6....

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    04-01-15 06:09 PM
    Stupid name.

It should have been the BlackBerry Startup. Then the advertising would make some kind of sense even if the reality is that their target market for this phone isn't the slightest bit interested in BlackBerrys.

Out of touch and no clue? BlackBerry's phone marketing? Never.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    04-01-15 06:56 PM
    BlackBerry Startup

WoW nice name.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-02-15 12:03 AM
    BlackBerry Startup

WoW nice name.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    John Chen I'm available for hire any time.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    04-02-15 01:12 PM
    John Chen I'm available for hire any time.

Sometimes, the simple ideas are th best ideas. I also believe that the name, should have a good link to what the device is meant for. So the "BlackBerry Startup" could have been a much better name than "Leap"

Personally I don't like the name, buut, they put a decent battery inside and the design is ok.

Z10 - Z30 - Q10 all deserve design awards. They look stunning and I'm hoping BlackBerry has more like them in the future. Just by looking great, you have the customers attention

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-04-15 03:06 PM
    Sometimes, the simple ideas are th best ideas. I also believe that the name, should have a good link to what the device is meant for. So the "BlackBerry Startup" could have been a much better name than "Leap"

Personally I don't like the name, buut, they put a decent battery inside and the design is ok.

Z10 - Z30 - Q10 all deserve design awards. They look stunning and I'm hoping BlackBerry has more like them in the future. Just by looking great, you have the customers attention

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    And what about the Passport, does that not deserve to be in your "design awards"?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:40 AM
    Internet and bashing always mingles nicely. How many of you actually used the device? Bashing something based on specs is highly immature and inappropriate. I wish the best for BlackBerry because I love their phones and OS. I recently got the Classic and I am very pleased. People have really absurd ideas of how fast a phone should be. If you want to play Android games BlackBerry is not for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 12:00 PM
    Leap is a dumb name. Passport and Classic are cool, but I'm missing the alphanumeric codes now. I'd prefer Z5.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 12:09 PM
    And what about the Passport, does that not deserve to be in your "design awards"?

Posted via CB10
    LOL, i did mean to add the Passport, It does look amazing
    04-06-15 12:40 PM
    Leap is a dumb name. Passport and Classic are cool, but I'm missing the alphanumeric codes now. I'd prefer Z5.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It's another all touch Z device, why not stick with the Z names?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:52 PM
    I agree. It's another all touch Z device, why not stick with the Z names?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps because BlackBerry decided to drop Z and Q name in favor more catchy names?

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    04-07-15 07:29 AM
    Internet and bashing always mingles nicely. How many of you actually used the device? Bashing something based on specs is highly immature and inappropriate. I wish the best for BlackBerry because I love their phones and OS. I recently got the Classic and I am very pleased. People have really absurd ideas of how fast a phone should be. If you want to play Android games BlackBerry is not for you.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't bashed the device; just wish it was equivalent to the Z30 at minimum. Anybody going from a Z30 to the Leap will likely not be thrilled. Love the stereo speakers and NFC is basically standard on everything. Just a few things.

Anyway, I'm sure it is a great device for the price, but unfortunately it is compared to the Z30 since at this point prices are similar. I'll hopefully be getting a new white Z30 since I use the speakers a lot and am so used to them not sure if I can downgrade.

The problem is the Z10 and Z30 are coming off contract for consumers and the Leap isn't the best upgrade. I will say I LOVE the design. Give me a Z30 designed like the Leap! Anyway, the Leap seems to be for business professionals and enterprise fleets which brings us back to the point of this thread which is the name makes no sense unlike the Passport and Classic.

Call it the BlackBerry Bolt (first thing that I could think of and still better than Leap). I am really not that superficial, obviously I own BlackBerrys lol, but I just can't answer someone asking me what phone I have without laughing and saying it's a Leap. Z3+... anything else and I'd be purchasing it.

I don't understand the demographic of young professionals then calling this a child's toy name like Leap. Ugh... this name is just not growing on me and I don't like it. I wish BlackBerry the best in everything and think this device could really help. I really think the name will take away some retail sales including mine. Call it the BlackBerry CQP, lol anything else.

The problem is the name does not match the target audience. It doesn't even come close. I hate it because I love BlackBerry and literally couldn't believe this was official. Rio would have been just fine!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:54 PM
    I completely agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:47 AM
    LOL, i did mean to add the Passport, It does look amazing
    Phew! Hehehe

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:48 AM
    BlackBerry is slowly discarding the Q and Z series and replacing it with names like Passport, Classic and now the Leap.

John Chen has done a tremendous job. Now the devices are named as per their purpose, appearance and utility.
    For ex, the Passport had the exact dimensions of a passport. Moreover the name gives a high end appeal to the device and a consumer's passport to fly off and experience an all new level of innovation.
    The Classic brought the trackpad, the toolbelt and the classic design of the conventional BlackBerry that we all loved.
    I guess the Leap signifies a jump to success of an entrepreneur with the BlackBerry experience. It might also refer to the awesome BlackBerry 10 experience when you switch from other platforms and it feels that you made a "leap".

Whatever it is, it still sounds horrible!! Nothing can justify a phone being called LEAP. Not even if it was launched on the 29th of Feb.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 03:04 PM
    It's kinda growing on me.

Long live Blackberry.
    04-14-15 05:34 AM
    Alphanumeric coding is so confusing. Names are easier to remember.

Posted via CB10

Long live Blackberry.
    04-14-15 05:36 AM
    Definitely a Leap in the right direction!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 01:35 PM
    Not a fan of the name, but I believe it is for new people to take a LEAP of faith with BlackBerry.
    04-15-15 01:43 PM
    The name ' leap ' just shows exactly how much BlackBerry are out of touch. Apart of being young is being fashionable and this thing is the complete opposite

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by devin266; 05-02-15 at 02:39 AM.
    04-20-15 03:27 AM
    Hate the name. Backwards thinking of BlackBerry as always and their marketing department! Rio would of done just fine. They really goofed up on the name. "Hey what that phone you have? ". Hmm it's called the Leap! I can hear laughter and giggling!
    Good luck young professionals!

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 and devin266 like this.
    04-28-15 05:48 AM
    The name isn't important to me it how well the device works is what matters.

Using my Leap!
    04-28-15 08:22 AM
    not bad
    05-11-15 04:00 PM
75 123