I am looking for an Uber Taxi Application. I am only using Blackberry World and Amozon App Store. NB: Not interested in Snap and Colbalt's solution until they figure out the way of installation that does not require a PC.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:41 AM
    Use their mobile site. You have to request to Uber personally to allow them to use your phone on the mobile site though. Kind of a hassle.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 09:20 AM
    As the earlier post suggested, write to Uber customer service and ask them to activate your account to be used with their mobile site. That is what I did and it works the same way.
    12-19-16 08:10 AM
    Just contact Uber support and request access to m.uber.com. Works great across platforms. The Cobalt work around wouldn't be ideal anyhow. There was update to the Android Uber app back in 2015 that rendered it unusable on BB10 and I'm pretty sure, as time went on, support was dropped for the older Uber APKs anyway.

So m.uber.com is as good as it gets! Once you do have access to the site, you can use it across devices, on PC, Mac, etc. if you ever need to.
    01-01-17 11:13 PM
    Thanks to all of you who took you time to write your comments!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 06:04 AM
    Current version of Android Uber running smoothly on Leap with 2017 Cobalt's new method. Better than using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 03:59 PM
    Current version of Android Uber running smoothly on Leap with 2017 Cobalt's new method. Better than using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Can someone please point me to the solution using cobalts method? I had it installed on my passport but I did a destructive update recently and now I need to replace it.

As I recall it was not installing the play store completely but maybe just installing a patched apk.

The problem I'm having with the browser version is that I'm not able to get price quotes before pick ups. I think there are some other things I missing.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 09:27 PM
    Can someone please point me to the solution using cobalts method? I had it installed on my passport but I did a destructive update recently and now I need to replace it.

As I recall it was not installing the play store completely but maybe just installing a patched apk.

The problem I'm having with the browser version is that I'm not able to get price quotes before pick ups. I think there are some other things I missing.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt's file share:

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open).
    Install Play Store v6.
    Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

Download Uber with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.
    Install patched app.
    (Same procedure for any app that needs patching)
    Last edited by conite; 01-15-17 at 09:53 PM.
    01-15-17 09:35 PM
    Cobalt's file share:

Install Play Store v6.

Whitelist unpatched app.
    Install patched app.
    Thanks but I think there was an Uber apk version that just worked on BB10. I don't understand most of those steps and have avoided wading into running Google play store because I don't think I will figure it out.

Is what you described the same as a normal android app that requires the play store? There is a simpler way of I can find it in the forums. This came up in the last year when the browser stopped working with m.uber for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 11:40 PM
    Thanks but I think there was an Uber apk version that just worked on BB10. I don't understand most of those steps and have avoided wading into running Google play store because I don't think I will figure it out.

Is what you described the same as a normal android app that requires the play store? There is a simpler way of I can find it in the forums. This came up in the last year when the browser stopped working with m.uber for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    It's actually pretty easy. Just follow my instructions exactly. It becomes clear as you do the steps.

The first part sets up the Play Store, and the second section deals with what to do if a particular app requires Google Play Services.
    01-16-17 11:43 PM
    Since I have your attention, does this open up my Passport to Google, Inc. as though it were an Android device? Or a little bit? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 12:22 AM
    Cobalt's file share:

Install Play Store v6.

Whitelist unpatched app.
    Install patched app.
    What is Play Services v10 in the Mega foldér? I think I know but I'm not sure.

The first step when I tried to sign in I got a message that there was a problem connecting to the server. I kept going since I thought this might be normal. Same thing in the next step where it wanted me to sign into Google account. Not much success. I haven't eveñ gotteñ to patching, but I'm sure others have patched Uber already.
    01-17-17 04:33 AM
    Read Conites instructions again. First install Google Login 4.3.3 and login. Then follow the next steps.
    01-17-17 04:57 AM
    Read Conites instructions again. First install Google Login 4.3.3 and login. Then follow the next steps.
    Wow, Ben Kenobi himself! Yes, that is what I tried to do. I did not record the error message when I attempted to log in but it tried to communicate with Google's server after I entered my gmail info. It said something like "Unable to reach server. Please check your connection." I am on wifi now though so there should have been a connection.

After going through the rest of the steps, I have the PS icon on my desktop. If I click on it, it says "Error retrieving from server [RH-01]." Thank you!

Can't respond for awhile due to time here.
    01-17-17 05:14 AM
    Do you have Internet connection in other Android apps?
    01-17-17 06:43 AM
    It's too late to check from my home WiFi spot. Maybe the Internet connection was spotty when I tried this. My cable Internet is far from perfect but I was running Uber at home.

Going back a step, I now remember that I was running Uber with only 1 or 2 of your Android pieces. (I did donate, thanks.)

I think I will need to uninstall everything and try again. Do I need to poke around to find all the pieces to uninstall?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 02:03 PM
    I think I will need to uninstall everything and try again. Do I need to poke around to find all the pieces to uninstall?

Posted via CB10
    Assuming you have fixed your Android delete bug, just remove the apps off your home screen.
    01-17-17 02:09 PM
    Here is the screen I got before I think. It came up again when I tried to sign into 4.3.3. Before I encountered this screen, I also got warnings that (paraphrasing) com.android... has stopped. I just ignored these to see if I could sign in.

By the way my Internet connection works. Thanks.

Uber Client-img_20170118_015215.png

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 03:55 AM