Mine was stolen, and I am getting tired of forking out the high margins to Tim. So, I looked the Leap. Big screen, Long battery, on screen keyboard, all nice. But can I:

1. Get Apple IMs (messages) and return them easily?
    2. Use any payment apps, like Apple pay?
    3. Will the email and calendar apps on the Leap sync with Gmail/GCal?
    4. Will anything connect with FaceTime?
    5. Best carriers?
    6. Anyone offer insurance on the device?

Thanks in advance.
    01-02-16 04:54 PM
    1. No
    2. No, no NFC
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. In USA, AT&T and T-Mobile only. There is no Band 12 LTE so T-Mobile coverage will not be as good as a device with all of T-Mobiles LTE bands.
    6. Carrier, BlackBerry and squaretrade.com
    01-02-16 09:41 PM
    Can you even do the apple related questions on ANY platform besides ios?

Sent from my Passport
    01-02-16 11:54 PM
    Why don't you buy a Z30?

Passport SE
    01-03-16 12:33 AM
    Considering my original questions, will the problems be greater or the same (I doubt fewer). Also, what the Z 30?
    01-03-16 02:20 PM
    You apparently use many of the iPhone only functions like imessage. Do yourself a favor, buy iPhone you can afford, get insurance, take better care not to lose or get stolen. There's a reason apple sells as many phones in one day as BlackBerry sells in a year. I say this as I type on my Leap which I love dearly. BB10 and BlackBerry are not for you.

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs, vjh425 and anon(8719892) like this.
    01-03-16 02:39 PM
    Hmm...going from the flagship phone from the market leader to the starter phone from the market lagger. That's not exactly a recipe for satisfaction. At least you laid out your app needs which show that you're an active participant in the Apple ecosystem with Apple Pay, Face Time, and iMessage. There's zero possibility of getting that functionality outside of the iPhone.
    01-03-16 02:58 PM
    Understood and thanks for the candor. But I use the apps too much on the iPhone and it becomes a time sink. Would like to try and get back to the basics. Should I send back the Porsche and get a Z30?
    01-03-16 10:29 PM
    Understood and thanks for the candor. But I use the apps too much on the iPhone and it becomes a time sink. Would like to try and get back to the basics. Should I send back the Porsche and get a Z30?
    If you can't live without your ios apps then yeah you should send it back. You won't be able to use ANY other platform if those apps are a necessity. There are other alternatives on other platforms though..

Sent from my Passport
    01-04-16 11:14 AM
    1. No
    2. No, no NFC
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. In USA, AT&T and T-Mobile only. There is no Band 12 LTE so T-Mobile coverage will not be as good as a device with all of T-Mobiles LTE bands.
    6. Carrier, BlackBerry and squaretrade.com
    Very nicely summed up

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    lift likes this.
    01-04-16 01:51 PM
    You bought a Porsche BlackBerry after you said this in your first post "Mine was stolen, and I am getting tired of forking out the high margins to Tim."
    The Porsche BlackBerry is such an over priced phone that I can't believe you said what you did.
    If you are so dependent on the iPhone ecosystem, then get another iPhone. Seems to me you have plenty of cash.
    southlander likes this.
    01-04-16 02:24 PM
    This thread can't be real life. OP, you wanted a cheaper phone then iOS and then I saw that you went ahead and possibly bought a Porsche BlackBerry?

If you didn't want to fork out big money, the last thing you would do is buy an overpriced BlackBerry. For the Porsche design, you could have bought like 5 leaps. You also could have bought a new iPhone and still had money left over.

Sounds fishy to me.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    lift, brunoxrs and vjh425 like this.
    01-04-16 10:05 PM
    Go for it, the leap has an amazing keyboard,screen,and battery. Not to mention bb10 is a great os!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 01:31 AM
    Can you even do the apple related questions on ANY platform besides ios?

Sent from my Passport
    No. If this is important to the OP, he's better off sticking to an Iphone.
    lift likes this.
    01-23-16 04:43 AM
    No. If this is important to the OP, he's better off sticking to an Iphone.
    Being very realistic, if you do rely so much on core and exclusive Apple / iOS features, you can't move away into any other platform, regardless if it is BB10, Windows Phone, Android. Unless you move into multi-platform systems and tools, like BBM, Telegram, WhatsApp and so on...but, well, it is not just about you but the people you communicate with, tour ecosystem. I do have my main phones a BlackBerry Passport and an iPhone 6, due to the simple reason I can't just leave the Apple ecosystem behind and same for BlackBerry.... :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Stessierere and lift like this.
    01-24-16 07:52 AM
    I have the Leap (and an IPhone 5c I'm not currently using much). My mom and son have Android. My daughter, an IPhone 5s. These are the folks I communicate with the most. They're willing to use BBM and actually really enjoy the voice calls over BBM, as they are ridiculously clear.

If everyone the OP knows has an iPhone - and those folks are not willing to install BBM or think it's just too much of a hassle, then he is better off just sticking with iOS.
    lift likes this.
    01-24-16 08:16 AM