hey guys so ive been away from blackberry almost 2 years now and i was thinking about goring for the leap but am not sure any way to help please what are apps like what's the OS like the feel thanks for reading guys
    09-01-15 04:53 AM
    There are so many contradictions here that I don't know if we are getting trolled.

You say you've been away from BB for almost 2 years and want a feel of the OS. However your signature saying "Rocing My New BB Q10" and you have 1,479 posts on crackberry.
    09-01-15 05:22 AM
    There are so many contradictions here that I don't know if we are getting trolled.

You say you've been away from BB for almost 2 years and want a feel of the OS. However your signature saying "Rocing My New BB Q10" and you have 1,479 posts on crackberry.
    Im just asking a question and this profile aint been updated in time that why im asking you leapers how is the device is it worth buying i aint trolling i aint got time for that im asking as im thinking of going buying one like right now as the price as dropped!
    09-01-15 05:26 AM
    hey guys so ive been away from blackberry almost 2 years now and i was thinking about goring for the leap but am not sure any way to help please what are apps like what's the OS like the feel thanks for reading guys
    I picked one up on the $199 deal and I'm pleased with it. I like the screen and the performance is just fine for me even with the modest specs. The OS feels snappy and the on screen keyboard is satisfying.

The top and bottom bezels are a little large making the phone a touch on the tall side. Also, the back speaker is a little weak. If you crank the volume, it just can't handle it very well.

As far as apps, I'd look to the others as I don't use too many. I have loaded Snap and a few Android apps without issue.

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-01-15 10:54 AM
    Don't think just do!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:33 AM
    I vote Passport, but any BB10 device rocks!
    09-01-15 11:37 AM
    Apps are far better than the Windows phone in your avatar. I play around with Windows phones, and android phones. I use BlackBerry phones as my daily drivers. BlackBerry phones have more apps than Windows phones and as of right now, Windows phones can not run android apps, BlackBerry phones can.
    09-01-15 10:24 PM
    I use Z10 right now. From using Z10 I can say BlackBerry Z10 is very good for messaging, notification email, messages and BBM. It can easily sideload Android apps, for Android apps I install Opera Mini, ePSXe, Kalender Indonesia, Coursera, work fine.

So I guest BlackBerry Leap would great too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Nikidroid; 09-02-15 at 08:20 AM.
    Sparksx likes this.
    09-01-15 10:48 PM
    By the way I keep seeing BlackBerry Leap too.
    :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 08:22 AM
    I just received my Leap and see that the sale price of $199 is the current price too-other devices went back up in price. I have noticed that force quitting an app works easier on the Leap, meaning on my passport, I have to re- select and hold the 'X' about one-third of the time. I saw posts about the terrible speaker on the Leap, so I hot swapped my music filled SD card in my passport to the Leap. I went to the equalizer and selected 'airplane ' and then selected a Robin Trower cut from his 'Bridge of Sighs' album. I tried varying volume positions up to full and the sound was fine, although the back casing was vibrating. I ordered the white model thinking that it would reflect heat, not because I visually prefer it.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:04 AM
    Where was the $199 deal? I'd go for that in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:52 PM
    Where was the $199 deal? I'd go for that in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    It's on the shop BlackBerry website in the USA. Still going on right now.
    09-02-15 10:14 PM
    Ah USA. Canada has it for $279.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:30 PM
    Well give it a try and see if it conforms to your needs and wants. See if it is the type of device you would like to have. Try out a demo unit at your carrier or a retailer if available. If you buy it outright, you generally have about 30 days to use the device and return it for a full refund.

Look at other BlackBerry models, like the Passport, Z30, Z10 and the Classic (the Q10 and Q5 are still alive and kicking also). Do you prefer a BlackBerry device with a physical keyboard or an all-touch one?

See what those other models have to offer in terms of specs, battery life and other features. Before I bought the Leap I found a lot of helpful videos on YouTube and articles on Google.

With the amount of information available you can easily educate yourself as a customer when it comes to whether or not you want to purchase the BlackBerry Leap.

Remember all our opinions here are quite subjective and beholden to our personal likes and dislikes.

After more than two years of using the Z10 I decided to change my device and the Leap happened to come along at an opportune moment and it conformed exactly with what I wanted. I for one am not sorry I bought it (factory unlocked from BlackBerry... shopblackberry.com ). It has served me well so far and I have reason to hope it will continue to do so from now on. That is until I decide to move to another, hopefully BlackBerry, device. By the way I prefer the full-touch BlackBerries.

PS...But that Passport Silver edition looks pretty sweet also...and don't forget that the BlackBerry slider aka Venice is on it's way with a possible late fall release date.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Sparksx likes this.
    09-08-15 07:03 PM
    I've had the chance to use the Classic Leap PP and SE and they all serve a purpose what I love is no matter which one I pick up I have them all set up similar and the battery life is great on all of them so for me which ever route anyone goes their still going to win it's a win win situation.

And with the slider were going to get a decent Android device another win! Maybe now BlackBerry can focus on building bigger and better things. And of course continue supporting bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 09:06 PM
    I would choose the Z10 over the Leap for 3 reasons: removable battery, better screen, better price.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:46 PM
    I have the Leap and the Z10. Each has it's pluses and minuses.
    09-13-15 07:49 AM
    I have Z10, Leap and Z30. I use the Z10 and Leap daily since I'm with AT&T and Z30 doesn't have the LTE bands for AT&T. I've tested Leap against the Z30 (using a T-Mobile Sim in a good coverage area zone) and they seem the same to me for speed and size. People say otherwise regarding screens but I don't see a difference. I don't use NFC, so that wasn't an issue. Because of LTE I use the Z10 for my other line, it sucks compared to Leap. Screen is smaller and battery life seems about 1/2 of Leap. I use my Leap easily twice as much for Phone and Data than Z10 and I need to recharge battery every day on Z10 first. Leap would be my first choice on AT&T. If on T-Mobile, basically a toss-up between Leap and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:33 AM
    Get something a keyboard :-) my suggestion

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:37 AM
    Don't think just do!

Posted via CB10
    This has to be the moto of anyone buying a leap for over $200 in September 2015

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-13-15 09:26 AM
    I have a leap now that I got from my work corporate plan for free. I was using the z10 ( factory unlocked from shop blackberry) . I liked the z10 except for the fact that the screen was a little small and the battery life was horrible. I had to swap batteries just to get through the day. The battery life on the leap is phenomenal all day for my uses and no problems. I use a case so I don't care about the back. The screen looks good to me and I don't watch movies on it. I play gof2 and mortal kombatx with no issues. I have a cannon eos t3 dslr camera for taking pictures so anything I snap with the phone is incidental and it takes pretty good pictures for what it is. I use the map app which works perfect for me and and the usual text/email/talk which the phone handles no problem. My main gripe is that blackberry should have included the 5gh WiFi band as they did on the z10 as this improves throughput 10fold and just a by the way I find the built in fm radio mostly useless as it barely tunes in the stations I'm interested in. I you can get one cheap or free on a good 2 year and you like bb10 os as I do then go for it. As a side note though if Rogers still were offering the z30 at $0.00 I would have gone for that instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:51 PM
    I've had a z30 for more than a year and was quite happy with it. After a lot of deliberation, I sold that and bought a leap and so far quote happy with it. Love the look of it (that's the only reason I switched from z30). Don't notice any lags and the small number of Android apps I use woken fine on it.

You can't go wrong for a sub $200 phone (I paid less than $200 for a new one on Kijiji)

Posted via  Leap
    lift likes this.
    09-14-15 08:22 PM
    Don't waste your money in Canada, buy a Z30 !
    The leap is a decent device, but the z30 is superior in every way. It's even slightly smaller even though it is the same screen size.
    It's also got very high quality stereo speakers, possibly the best on any mobile device.
    09-15-15 12:13 AM
    Don't waste your money in Canada, buy a Z30 !
    The leap is a decent device, but the z30 is superior in every way. It's even slightly smaller even though it is the same screen size.
    It's also got very high quality stereo speakers, possibly the best on any mobile device.
    I think I would have to agree with this. In the USA, you should buy the Leap over the Z30 if 4G LTE coverage is important to you. The Z30 model sold in North America is missing the main AT&T LTE band (Band 17) and is also missing one of T-Mobiles now widely used LTE bands (Band 2).
    09-15-15 01:28 PM
    don;t forget, you can save another 10% if you look in the "device deals" forum
    lift likes this.
    09-15-15 02:04 PM