I was thinking of getting a Leap or a Passport SE.. I am just afraid of the EOL announcement.. I don't need may apps, but would love to keep the Leap as a purely business device. I had the Classic for awhile and loved it
    11-10-16 07:32 PM
    i have u use leap 11 month...great phone..despite low spec but all run in good and smooth..wonder why there no advertisement about this leap...good signal,battery life get through 10-12 hours with heavy usage...not need to speak about email and work task..they are run in great...i will use this leap for another 2 years because i am waiting for new qwerty bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:51 PM
    I have one, sometimes I switch from the Passpsort....Leap is a great phone for the cost. And has an amazing battery life...

Posted via CB10
    The standout feature for me is the screen. It may only be 720p but it's looks fantastic and is very bright. I love the build quality, really nice. It's DTEK50 quality.

Would I get another one?

Probably not, simply because I use it as my semi-primary phone and usually keep phones for 3+ years and in 3 years from now it's going to be stone age unfortunately.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-11-16 01:03 PM
    I'd say buy it before blackberry removes it from the shop blackberry website. That's what I did with the classic. Just bought one since they discontinued it. Just to save it and have it by my side

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 11:28 PM
    Born once, die once. Likewise buy once, wait for you and your leap going to be death. Remember this.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 05:05 AM
    Leap is a great device, using it to browse this morning. Z30 is great too, but I like the holding shape of the Leap, and it seems to be faster
    11-15-16 09:05 AM
    It is an absolute terrible phone. I missed the whole Z10 version. However listening to this forum praise the leap. I am assuming the Z10 was garbage compared to any IOS or Android device. I would never buy or recommend a BB10 device to anybody. I traded the leap in for an Iphone5s (released 2013) and soon realized that bb10/leap are junk, goodluck bb10 users the end is coming near..lol
    so crow likes this.
    11-15-16 05:11 PM
    Well it depends what you use and needed it for. I've had my Leap for 1 1/2 years and it served me quite well and it still does. I moved to the Leap from a Z10. I bought my Leap full price and unlocked.

And though many said that moving from a Z10 to the Leap would be a downgrade...it certainly never felt that way. I never missed the extra features the Z10 had. Just in terms of battery life the difference was like day and night. It has proven to be a reliable, durable device that worked as I needed it how I needed it. And it still does.

But if you get a Leap, even with the current price reductions, be mindful that the future of the BB10 OS is very much in doubt as is that of the devices themselves . There hasn't been an OS software update in almost a year...and I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future Chen will announce the End Of Life ( EOL) for BB10.

Then there is also the situation of the apps. BlackBerry World is virtually a wasteland and even if you are not someone who cares much for apps, the most basic ones either haven't been updated in ages or are becoming obsolete as developers are abandoning BB10 like rats leaving a sinking ship. Whatever apps you can can get from the Amazon Appstore depend on the Android Runtime currently available, which will no longer be updated. Thus, soon enough any Amazon downloaded apps will stop working. The ones I have installed on my Leap are already giving me trouble...

Speaking for myself, in the near future I plan to, albeit reluctantly, to move to the DTEK50 on BlackBerry Android...

Respect My Autoritah!
    My thoughts exactly!
    11-23-16 09:59 AM
    i have u use leap 11 month...great phone..despite low spec but all run in good and smooth..wonder why there no advertisement about this leap...good signal,battery life get through 10-12 hours with heavy usage...not need to speak about email and work task..they are run in great...i will use this leap for another 2 years because i am waiting for new qwerty bb10

Posted via CB10
    That's not happening...At most there will be a new BlackBerry Android PKB device which currently is under the name Argon. BlackBerry will not longer design and manufacture devices in-house. As they have already started to do.

Their devices are outsourced...case in point the DTEK50 and DTEK60 which are assembled and build by Alcatel-Lucent. There will be no more BB10 devices...unless IOS, Android and Windows go belly up.

I don't like that and am not happy with BB10 dying off...but I'm also a user and consumer and need these devices for some of the tasks I need to perform daily. And I need the device to work...not stutter and crash or not even be able to offer the most basic apps which I actually make use of ...

Respect My Autoritah!
    11-24-16 12:34 AM
    At most there will be a new BlackBerry Android PKB device which currently is under the name Argon.
    Mercury. Argon was DTEK60.
    11-24-16 10:17 AM
    I'd say so. I really like the Leap (although it's VKB, it's the best VKB I've had - but still prefer PKB) and Snap or Cobalt extends its usefulness greatly.
    11-30-16 10:54 PM
    I was thinking of getting a Leap or a Passport SE.. I am just afraid of the EOL announcement.. I don't need may apps, but would love to keep the Leap as a purely business device. I had the Classic for awhile and loved it
    Form factor: Leap or Z30 ( if you could find a new one). Perfect for purely business device: Passport SE.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-02-16 11:13 PM
37 12