In Nov 15 I passed my trusty Z10 on to Child/Loafter 2, got a Leap (Rogers) and had no problems until about three months ago. My browser would crash (reduce but stay 'dimmed' on screen but incapable of being reopened/re-expanded) and my music player would crash as well (same routine as browser - in fact I'm afraid of it crashing as I type this). When my Hub started 'losing' messages, not showing contact names and not allowing me to open messages, I tried a series of soft resets (I am not versed in bb-speak so I hope I'm using the correct terminology) which failed to change anything, then a 'hard reset' and when that did not work I backed up my phone via bbLink and spent two frustrating days doing a security wipe and restore. To no avail.
    I called my carrier/jailer (aka Rogers), who told me to bring it in for service and two weeks later I get my phone back only for the browser to crash the first day. After contacting carrier, returning to Rogers store and speaking with an agent there, I was told I'd be sent a refurbished phone to switch with my defective one. 'New' phone arrives the next day (surprisingly well played Rogers) I switch my Sim and memory card as instructed, connect to the network and...phone funkiness continues.
    I'm BB's ***** - even bought a PlayBook two years ago (stop laughing) - but this phone makes me want to weep. What am I doing wrong? Am I the only one experiencing this? Did I get two 'Friday 4:59' phones in a row? Why won't my Leap let me love it?
    I want the DTek50 and am trying to last out my contract so I can upgrade, but I don't know if I can make it...
    08-05-16 12:58 AM
    Sometimes sd cards make the phone misbehave. Try without it.
    09-13-16 07:50 PM