I just received my Leap from ShopBlackBerry today. The power, volume up and mute buttons feel stuck and provide no tactile feedback upon pressing. Only the volume down button clicks down well.

I would really appreciate anyone who has experienced this to help me out. I called the BlackBerry support line and they had me send a log snapshot (through the Help app). The representative also wanted me to run the BBVE app to test the buttons and send him a screenshot of the results, but it's not loaded on the device and not available to download on BlackBerry World. I kept reiterating that that test is pointless as the buttons do work, but that the three I mentioned felt depressed and provided no tactile click. Seems like he has no idea of what's going on. I just want a simple exchange.

Problem is, I am flying out in 2 weeks. I am wondering how to do this the quickest and most efficient way. Should I even go for an exchange? How long would it take? Are all Leaps like this? Would anyone please provide me with advice or recommendations?
    05-28-15 09:35 PM
    My leap has the buttons issues too. The volume down has feedback and the volume up only has a little. I broke my sim card tray from a sim adapter on my Leap and I have to go through the extended warranty. I do agree that the BlackBerry reps over the phone know nothing about the products, as they told me to use the sim card tool that comes with my Leap, only the classic has that tool in the BlackBerry lineup.
    05-28-15 09:46 PM
    I just received my Leap from ShopBlackBerry today. The power, volume up and mute buttons feel stuck and provide no tactile feedback upon pressing. Only the volume down button clicks down well.

I would really appreciate anyone who has experienced this to help me out. I called the BlackBerry support line and they had me send a log snapshot (through the Help app). The representative also wanted me to run the BBVE app to test the buttons and send him a screenshot of the results, but it's not loaded on the device and not available to download on BlackBerry World. I kept reiterating that that test is pointless as the buttons do work, but that the three I mentioned felt depressed and provided no tactile click. Seems like he has no idea of what's going on. I just want a simple exchange.

Problem is, I am flying out in 2 weeks. I am wondering how to do this the quickest and most efficient way. Should I even go for an exchange? How long would it take? Are all Leaps like this? Would anyone please provide me with advice or recommendations?
    Sorry to hear about your buttons mine are quite firm. Just wondering how long did it take for your device to arrive from purchase?

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-29-15 05:33 AM
    Also odd that apps like bbve Easyjet and sky scanner are not available on BlackBerry World for the BlackBerry leap

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-29-15 08:20 AM
    Sorry to hear about your buttons mine are quite firm. Just wondering how long did it take for your device to arrive from purchase?

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    It took 4 days to arrive. So do your buttons not click down either?
    05-29-15 12:04 PM
    It took 4 days to arrive. So do your buttons not click down either?
    Mine have only a 'slight' click to them very tight they are

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-30-15 05:35 AM
    I wonder since it is new, does it just need a few uses to get 'stable'? You know how it is sometimes when you get new stuff...
    05-30-15 05:50 AM
    Mine have only a 'slight' click to them very tight they are

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    Same here
    05-30-15 09:44 PM
    I wonder since it is new, does it just need a few uses to get 'stable'? You know how it is sometimes when you get new stuff...
    I doubt it. I've been trying to use them excessively in an attempt to break them in, but no hopes.
    05-30-15 09:45 PM
    It's kind of a lost cause with these phones and quirks like this. I find it a little annoying with the button thing but sending it back for another won't guarantee you a better one. It crossed my mind but not worth the hassle I think. If it got worse though I would try and contact amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:13 AM
    Also odd that apps like bbve Easyjet and sky scanner are not available on BlackBerry World for the BlackBerry leap

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    Nt only for your leap. Also for my Q10. I think it completely missing from BBW

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442
    05-31-15 08:23 AM
    Wheb's BBW gonna change things up?
    06-04-15 12:05 PM
    Taking notes about all these Quirks and will post my review on them when I have had 1 or 2 days with my Leap. Should be arriving on Friday!

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-04-15 02:50 PM
    I ordered a new Leap and I'm hoping the buttons work well with this one.
    06-04-15 05:28 PM
    This is the advice I got on another thread I started because I couldn't find the BBVE either :

"In instances where the BBVE application is not available within BlackBerry World for your device model or software version, the BBVE application can be launched from within the Help application using the following steps:
    From the Home screen, find and tap on the Help application icon
    Tap the menu button, indicated by three horizontal lines, in the lower Left corner.
    Tap Testing
    Read the BBVE*related*information displayed and tap the Try this now button"

Hope this helps.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Paul86 likes this.
    06-05-15 08:22 AM
    So I got a new Leap and this one's buttons all click but they're quite shallow (which I can live with). My main concern, when I compare the new device to the first I received, is with the screen. The new one's LCD has slightly different hues throughout the screen's area and there is light bleeding at the top. Sigh.
    06-05-15 11:44 PM
    Mine has light bleed the most at top left. You can't seem to win with blackberries nowadays. Always something is wrong hahaha. Still like all mine though.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:55 AM
    Pictures of this light bleed would be great

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    06-06-15 03:14 AM
    Wow...that many defects...that is not good... Are these guys trying not to sell any of the Leaps?

06-06-15 05:16 AM
    Pictures of this light bleed would be great

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    It's usually difficult to show correctly through camera but you should be able to make it out in this picture. I cranked up the brightness to 100% and used the browser's dark background to showcase it. Colors look a bit wonky but the bleed is accurately displayed.

Replacement Leap-img_20150606_033544_edit.jpg
    06-06-15 05:41 AM
    yeah I have got a little bit of this on mine

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    06-06-15 07:17 AM
    I got my Leap yesterday. All Great! Through Infibeam, India. Made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:50 AM
    So far so good with the screen. It's actually better than the one I had on the Z10...The colours seems brighter and more vivid.

Of course that is just me talking...

06-06-15 11:17 AM
    I notice EVERYTHING - even the smallest speck on the device. I think almost all Leaps have issues like these but most customers won't notice because they don't know to look for them or care for that matter.
    06-06-15 02:39 PM
    I notice EVERYTHING - even the smallest speck on the device. I think almost all Leaps have issues like these but most customers won't notice because they don't know to look for them or care for that matter.
    Bro according to u which one is better Leap/ z30, which one is reliable

Via never let me down Z3
    06-06-15 09:18 PM
36 12