It's very less in cost. Than. Other. BlackBerry devies is it true. Really shocked............?-img_20150326_184251.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:14 AM
    Yeah it is basically a Z3 with a few minor upgrades so it would appeal to western markets, which is why it is just a little more costly than the Z3.

Do have to wonder if Foxconn is still making the Z3 anymore, or if it is being phased out. Taught it was very strange that they aren't making the LEAP.
    03-26-15 08:21 AM
    They are targeting a certain audience with it I believe. I expect it to be lower in cost yet....
    03-26-15 08:21 AM
    It's very less in cost. Than. Other. BlackBerry devies is it true. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150326_184251.png 
Views:	2580 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	343885

Posted via CB10
    You are also in india right. The price is high when compared to the likes of one plus one and upcoming Asus zenphone 2 with 4gb RAM.
    But at least it priced well than z10, z30 and z3. After a few months the price will drop to 15k than it will be a nice device.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:31 AM
    You are also in india right. The price is high when compared to the likes of one plus one and upcoming Asus zenphone 2 with 4gb RAM.
    But at least it priced well than z10, z30 and z3. After a few months the price will drop to 15k than it will be a nice device.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares about ram? It's a great completely different device and OS and all BlackBerry phones run perfectly well on the ram they have
    thymaster and Nascarfan24 like this.
    03-26-15 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    People should stop making these comparisons. Apple devices have 1Gb ram and sell insanely expensive.

It's about the experience.

I am wasting my time of course. These comments will continue for BlackBerry. /sad.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-26-15 09:58 AM
    Who cares about ram? It's a great completely different device and OS and all BlackBerry phones run perfectly well on the ram they have
    Not all Z3 owners would agree with that....

But yes, the LEAP has an extra .5 GB so it should perform just as well as the Z10 and the Q devices.
    03-26-15 10:26 AM
    Not all Z3 owners would agree with that....

But yes, the LEAP has an extra .5 GB so it should perform just as well as the Z10 and the Q devices.
    Haven't seen any threads about z3 owners complaining about it so that's what I'm basing it on
    03-26-15 12:30 PM
    What you guys expect? It's a budget device ffs lol VERY BUDGET.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:09 PM
    People should stop making these comparisons. Apple devices have 1Gb ram and sell insanely expensive.

I am wasting my time of course. These comments will continue for BlackBerry. /sad.

Posted via CB10
    It is not only about ram you know. Asus and one plus one has Intel Atom z2580 and snapdragon 801 respectively. Now you say leap runs smooth when compared to those than its definitely not.
    If you use z10 and passport you can understand the Difference in speeds because of the processor. That's why specs matter. If the leap has atleast snapdragon 400 than it would have been good.They even have even better camera. Don't know if they have improved the camera than z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 01:53 AM
    It is not only about ram you know. Asus and one plus one has Intel Atom z2580 and snapdragon 801 respectively. Now you say leap runs smooth when compared to those than its definitely not.
    If you use z10 and passport you can understand the Difference in speeds because of the processor. That's why specs matter. If the leap has atleast snapdragon 400 than it would have been good.They even have even better camera. Don't know if they have improved the camera than z10.

Posted via CB10
    The comparison is not fair or valid. You are comparing leap - a sub 300 phone with passport which is 600+ phone.

If one wants an android experience then sure go for it.

Posted Via The Classic
    thymaster likes this.
    03-30-15 11:11 AM
    The comparison is not fair or valid. You are comparing leap - a sub 300 phone with passport which is 600+ phone.

If one wants an android experience then sure go for it.

Posted Via The Classic
    That's what I am talking about. If they put atleast the latest processors like snapdragon 410 than at the price it will be good buy but an pedagogy. S4 is rather old and not good enough.
    Most people see the specs and if the specs are not even considered good at the price than no one will buy it.
    Let's see if leap sells good or not....

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:50 PM
    The Z3 is being sold in the Indonesian market. I got one on eBay, upgraded to leaked OS 10.3.2.158. No negatives so far.
    03-30-15 11:30 PM
    Some markets may see the Leap as an upgrade from the Z3.
    In North America, we see it as a downgrade of the Z30.
    But it's a good budget device especially for students and the like.
    It's a winner in the looks department too.

Caper in Toronto.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-30-15 11:50 PM
    I absolutely agree. It's about the experience that counts. BB10 doesn't require more RAMs to perform better then Android. All these specs just says I have a specked up hardware but my software isn't optimized to the bones.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:57 AM
    I personally own two Z30's. I bought an extra when they were on sale at Christmas for $225. I figured I can always sell it. But in comparing the specs it's not that different from the BlackBerry Leap. Plus you can get "insurance" if you want (not available for a Z30 if you're using it on AT&T), and you're getting cloud backups (new to only Leap, Classic, and Passport), and 4G LTE support on AT&T (also not supported for Z30 on AT&T). For those of us stuck on AT&T (they have the best coverage where I live), it's a fantastic alternative to the Z30. And if for some reason I don't fully enjoy it, I can sell it. I'm just pissed that the release date is my ex boyfriends birthday. I don't like him, but I hope I love my phone.
    04-01-15 12:11 PM