Got it for $259.52 including taxes and next day shipping.

Just an FYI for anyone that might want to order from Amazon they have a deal right now where if you use the Amazon.com Store Card you get a $40 gift card instantly to use on your purchase. It offers 6 months 0% interest as well, so since I'll just pay it off with the first payment I figured I'd use it to get the discount.

I added next day shipping for 3.99 since I have Prime so it added a little bit otherwise it would have been free shipping.

Thought I'd share the deal I found since the $40 helped sway my decision to try out the Leap lol

I have a Z10 and don't want to waste my upgrade when it finally arrives on AT&T so this will hopefully tide me over until a new flagship all touch device comes out.

It'll be here tomorrow so I'll updates with my thoughts compared to my 2+ year old Z10!

**UPDATE**
    Got my Leap yesterday afternoon and have had it for about 24 hours now. My first thoughts are that the larger size is going to take some getting used to. I'm a big fan of the size and shape of the Z10 so a larger more angular device is going to take some time to feel normal. The upside of is getting the larger screen real-estate (obviously lol), after about an hour of using the Leap while setting up my apps and such going back to look at the screen on the Z10 felt small. The quality of the screen looks awesome on the Leap, seems a bit brighter than my Z10 and colors pop a little more. I'll be adding a matte screen protector this afternoon to the Leap (same as I have on my Z10) so that might soften the colors. Either way, it looks great.

The feel of the device itself is nice, it feels well made and sturdy. My only complaint is that it does feel slippery to me, I keep feeling like it might slip out of my hand. Never had that feeling with the Z10, as I get more used to Leap and/or get a case that may change.

Sound from the speaker is louder than on my Z10, but since it faces down it can sound muffled when sitting on something soft.

I really like the charging port on the bottom of the phone, opposed to being on the side. I'm not a fan of the lock button on the Leap. I feel like it doesn't stand up enough whiches causes me to keep looking for it when trying to lock it. The volume rockers are about the same compared to the Z10, I can press those with ease without looking at them.

Overall I'm please with the device and the amount I paid for it, with that said I would go back to a new Z10 sized flag-ship phone in a hearbeat. But in the meantime I'll enjoy using the larger sized phone.

Last thing and unrelated to the actual phone - there are no cases for this phone!!! The only one I've seen is the overpriced ($30) flex shell thing from Shop BlackBerry. Nothing on Amazon or anywhere else that I've found. If anyone see's anything let me know!
    Last edited by isp23; 04-24-15 at 04:05 PM. Reason: small review
    04-22-15 11:45 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome deal!!! Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:27 AM
    Tell me how the display, camera, speakers and speed related to z10. Is there any improvement?
    I have a z10 stl100-1 which is a year old and it's causing a lot of battery problem so I want to know before I buy it

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:21 AM
    Just returned an AT&T passport and purchased a Leap from Amazon also.

Update

The leap arrived today and so far it's a solid device no issues at all. I am actually impressed with the photo quality compared to the passport.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 04-24-15 at 06:25 PM.
    Maksimfa likes this.
    04-23-15 12:00 PM
    Congrats! Post some pics when you get it!
    04-23-15 02:31 PM
    Got it for $259.52 including taxes and next day shipping.

Just an FYI for anyone that might want to order from Amazon they have a deal right now where if you use the Amazon.com Store Card you get a $40 gift card instantly to use on your purchase. It offers 6 months 0% interest as well, so since I'll just pay it off with the first payment I figured I'd use it to get the discount.

I added next day shipping for 3.99 since I have Prime so it added a little bit otherwise it would have been free shipping.

Thought I'd share the deal I found since the $40 helped sway my decision to try out the Leap lol

I have a Z10 and don't want to waste my upgrade when it finally arrives on AT&T so this will hopefully tide me over until a new flagship all touch device comes out.

It'll be here tomorrow so I'll updates with my thoughts compared to my 2+ year old Z10!
    Posted via CB10
    I ordered mine today and will be playing with it tomorrow!
    04-23-15 02:36 PM
    Just returned an AT&T passport and purchased a Leap from Amazon also.
    Wow. This says a lot.
    04-23-15 05:30 PM
    Got mine from Amazon as well today and am really impressed. I wasn't expecting much as this is basically a backup phone to my iPhone, but that may change, lol. Very fluid,solid build and great screen (much better than the Z10, Q10 or Classic I had), and it pulls LTE from AT&T without a hitch. There are a lot of haters out there, but for what the Leap brings and at this price point, I'm more than fine with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 05:40 PM
    Good deal and not a bad idea while waiting for the high end all-touch.
    04-23-15 05:48 PM
    Received my Leap today from Amazon. I love this phone! It's zippy and sleek. Like it more than my Z30. The back is cool and I love the former factor.

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Leap!
    04-23-15 10:24 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great to hear... Z10 and Z30 users also will be pleased to hear that too....

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:17 PM
    Dig reading these posts. Too many haters out there. This is actually the right phone at the right time for BlackBerry to try and garner some new users. Too many loyal users do not seem to be paying attention to what's coming (at least here in the US) from the Chinese handset manufacturers.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    04-23-15 11:27 PM
    Received my Leap today from Amazon. I love this phone! It's zippy and sleek. Like it more than my Z30. The back is cool and I love the former factor.

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Leap!
    Nice! Could you post some photos of your new Leap?
    04-24-15 12:00 AM
    Got mine from Amazon as well today and am really impressed. I wasn't expecting much as this is basically a backup phone to my iPhone, but that may change, lol. Very fluid,solid build and great screen (much better than the Z10, Q10 or Classic I had), and it pulls LTE from AT&T without a hitch. There are a lot of haters out there, but for what the Leap brings and at this price point, I'm more than fine with it.

Posted via CB10
    The display is better than z10? Really.....??
    Can you post some pics of your leap with her best background

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:47 AM
    If my Z10s die, I'll buy a Leap as a replacement, but I'm using a Passport and a Z30 right now so I probably would wait a while and see what the reviews from crackberry users are after 2 months.

I'd use it as a loaner phone and for overseas since it has the most bands and if I lost it I wouldn't be so upset about it.

via Z10-ER
    04-24-15 02:02 PM
    Added my initial thoughts about the phone to the first post....
    04-24-15 04:06 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nice feedback OP! Update us after a couple of weeks use with the LEAP!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 05:47 PM