The only one who spreads dishonest rubbish is you. Leap is way slower than Z30, noticeable in both Android apps and even normal device usage like web browsing. Benchmarks prove the difference. So please, stop spreading this misinformation. Your subjective postings ("maybe a hair more snappy than my Z10" how? Extra-magical ingredients? LOL) and your rant against people who are telling the sad truth and are able to back their statements with facts (unlike you) don't help anybody.
    You need to relax bro. You've been on this mad rant against the Leap for weeks now.

The Leap is NOT statistically as fast as your precious Z30.

Z30 Antutu - 26165
    Z30 HTML 5 - 5756

Leap Antutu - 17659
    Leap HTML 5 - 4942

YES the Z30 scores 48.16% higher than Leap in the Antutu Benchmark, and YES it scores 16.5% higher in the HTML5 benchmark.

Get over it, enjoy your Z30 and move on.

Realize that YES there are people who are enjoying using this "old tech, out dated, and underspec'd phone"

Your Z30 can't compare specs wise to any of today's current flagships. Just enjoy it for what it is, and we Leap owners will do the same.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by brunoxrs; 07-29-15 at 12:25 PM.
    adonesc, lift, engmessam and 1 others like this.
    07-29-15 12:10 PM
    Wow, it's just a phone! If you don't like the Leap don't buy or use it.....

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-29-15 12:38 PM
    This is the posting I put up on another thread after I had the chance to use the Leap I purchased over two months ago. These are some general thoughts and conclusions. As I mentioned, before the Leap I had the Z10 which I have now boxed. This I just my opinion nothing more, as I am tired of all the back and forth about this whole Z30 versus Leap, or Classic versus Leap or Passport versus Leap...or whatever else. Either buy it or not, like it or not...to each his own.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

So some concluding thoughts about the Leap and my first week using this device. Just to reiterate and rehash some earlier points.

I put the Leap through its paces. Using it for hours on end. Draining the battery, recharging it. During the day, night. At home and at work. In private and in public. Used it as a productivity, media, communications and even games device.

The interactive features work as advertised. The call quality is its usual reliable BlackBerry self. Connectivity, both to my mobile network and my home Wi-Fi, as well as all the saved public networks has been good and so far I have had no problems.

Got mine about * two months ago unlocked (*at the time of this posting on this thread) from:

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones...-leap/buy.html

(for $349 Canadian, $394 with taxes...but free shipping) and have been using it *ever since. . I have the "space-grey" one. Got my cases from:

http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartph...eap-cases.html

and the (BlackBerry made) screen protector from:

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...5A43A20884.htm

After some initial trepidations and doubts, (some even after I had purchased and set up the device) now that I have been using it hands on, and not just the display model in a store, it looks and feels even better. The OS looks and performs great, giving you that same unique BB10 experience. The phone's UI is just as responsive and intuitive. As with other BlackBerry models, this device is a truly multi-functional one, ideal for multi-tasking.

It is worth remembering that the Leap comes with 10.3.1.1779 right out of the box (at least that is the OS version mine had). Then it will probably update immediately the 10.3.2 version...The Leap is optimised to run these higher versions of BB10, whereas the Z10 and Z30 have had to get several updates over the course of the past 2 years to get here.

*Now after the latest update my Leap runs BB 10.3.2.2266 OS Software version.

So far the hardware and software have performed to expectations...at least to mine. And I am by no means a techie or an expert. Not by a long shot.

The much talked about speaker and sound strength/quality or lack thereof , has not been an issue. I've put the Z10 and Leap side by side and watched the same videos or listened to the same songs...and the Leap is definitely louder, with a much more powerful sound and rendition. Now, if people expect some BOSE Hi-Fi type of sound quality, then of course they will be disappointed...But for a device like the Leap and it's price point, it is not bad at all.

It does not feel or look like a cheap or crummy low-level device. It's build is pretty solid and tight, with a simple yet clean and uncomplicated design. For me it is a fitting replacement for my Z10. The bigger screen, which I find better than the Z10, and the much improved battery life...just those two extras makes the buy worth, well at least for myself. And mind you I buy my devices at full price.

*My BlackBerry MP-2100 mobile charger, which saw regular use with the Z10 hasn't been needed since I bought the Leap.

Having the option to get a full touch BlackBerry device at the price of the Leap is really not a bad deal. I am not willing at this stage in my life to spend high amounts of money for something like an IPhone or a Galaxy S...devices which have a lot of "bells and whistles", I don't really need in my day to day use of a smartphone.

The app situation is alright for me,as I've said initially, since personally I don't use many, and also, I am not a gamer. Between BlackBerry World, the Amazon App Store and now the Amazon Store itself (automatically uploaded with the newest OS version), the situation and matter of choice is not really an issue anymore. If you want 10 different fart apps or 39 different weather apps...then yes of course Apple and Google will give you that...

I am not saying necessarily that this is a straightforward replacement for the Z30 as the Leap is missing some features found on the Z30 and even the Z10. I won't bother enumerating them here (just get a hold of a spec. sheet).

In so far as those missing features ...it will depend what people make frequent use of and what they can or cannot live without. *HDMI output, NFC, compass, 5 GHz frequency...these have been discussed at nauseum and there isn't much more I can add to that.

At the end of the day it is up to people as consumers and their individual needs. If people think the Leap can fulfil them,then I'd say, go ahead and buy it. If not maybe it's better to look for something else...maybe a Passport, Classic or Z30...or another brand altogether.

Good luck to all new owners of the Leap or those thinking about purchasing one (and everyone else for that matter)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 07-30-15 at 07:49 PM.
    brunoxrs likes this.
    07-29-15 01:35 PM
    Z30!! With natural sound and paratek- win win!!

Posted via PP
    07-29-15 01:49 PM
    You need to relax bro. You've been on this mad rant against the Leap for weeks now.
    I am not on a rant against Leap. I simply correct the posting of Leap owners who are trying to justify their buying decision by downplaying the huge differences. Btw: I do not own a Z30 anymore, I got an objective view on the topic (unlike many desperate Leap owners)...
    07-30-15 03:30 AM
    I am not on a rant against Leap. I simply correct the posting of Leap owners who are trying to justify their buying decision by downplaying the huge differences. Btw: I do not own a Z30 anymore, I got an objective view on the topic (unlike many desperate Leap owners)...
    Did you ever even use a Leap?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:59 AM
    Yes, and I have to say it feels cheap. But that's a subjective statement and we're discussing facts (speed) aren't were?
    07-30-15 08:21 AM
    Yes, and I have to say it feels cheap. But that's a subjective statement and we're discussing facts (speed) aren't were?
    If someone is going to play lots of games, and use media intensive apps, then sure, the Z30 is clearly the better faster choice if you're dead set on using a Blackberry. (which is what the OP originally asked about.). But for the everyday tasks most people use their phones for, the difference between the Leap and Z30 won't be all that significant.

Remember, the benchmark comparison only proves that when pushed to their MAX LIMITS, the Z30 out performs the Leap by 48%. No one debates that. But Benchmarks are max limits.

In tasks that don't require max output, the differences won't be huge. Sending texts, IM's, making phone calls, light Web browsing won't show significant differences.

Once again, get the device that meets YOUR NEEDS.

There are far better phones out there for gaming than the Z30. My wife's "old" LG G3 blows it out of the water in every benchmark test out there, and absolutely destroys my Leap in every measurable way...but I still wouldn't want it as my daily driver. The Leap works better for me. I can't stand Android.

To each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 01:00 PM
    If someone is going to play lots of games, and use media intensive apps, then sure, the Z30 is clearly the better faster choice if you're dead set on using a Blackberry. (which is what the OP originally asked about.). But for the everyday tasks most people use their phones for, the difference between the Leap and Z30 won't be all that significant.
    Oh no, not that "only useful for games" bullsh1t again...

Remember, the benchmark comparison only proves that when pushed to their MAX LIMITS, the Z30 out performs the Leap by 48%. No one debates that. But Benchmarks are max limits.

In tasks that don't require max output, the differences won't be huge. Sending texts, IM's, making phone calls, light Web browsing won't show significant differences.
    Wrong. Better keep your "assumptions" for yourself and let the people discuss who KNOW.
    07-30-15 02:15 PM
    Oh no, not that "only useful for games" bullsh1t again...

Wrong. Better keep your "assumptions" for yourself and let the people discuss who KNOW.
    You're a clown...I'm done with this thread..

To each his own. Enjoy whatever you currently use as YOUR daily driver. I'm sure whatever device it is, its the top of the line specs.

Now let's all get out our stop watches and time how much quicker your phone sends a text than mine.

Posted via CB10
    adonesc and lift like this.
    07-30-15 02:26 PM
    Everyone always warns us not to feed the trolls...this is what happens when we do.

Posted via CB10
    adonesc likes this.
    07-30-15 02:29 PM
    Everyone always warns us not to feed the trolls...this is what happens when we do.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    adonesc likes this.
    07-30-15 02:50 PM
    Troll is your definition of people who stick to the facts and not their assumptions and feelings? ROFL
    07-31-15 12:40 AM
    I'm totally agree with you.
    I had the leap last week, after two days I've send it back. The screen was bleeding with light, the speaker was thin, and battery was not that powerful as people here exaggerated. The only plus was the bigger screen and brighter. But honestly the price of too high for this phone and as most people here saying that it's very cheap phone over 250� in Germany for budget phone is not cheap. Cheap is 140-150 for this hardware phone.
    But as you said BB have tendencies to over price their phones.
    I miss my blackberry z10, the only the negative was the battery.
    Z10 is the best and battery no longer matters once you have the charger bundle, or the extended 2600mAH. Try it. Guaranteed, you'll never put down the phone.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    07-31-15 12:41 AM
    Z10 is the best and battery no longer matters once you have the charger bundle, or the extended 2600mAH. Try it. Guaranteed, you'll never put down the phone.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    Yeah I've tried it and it's far better than the Z30 or Leap battery life wise and performance!

07-31-15 04:04 AM
    Yeah I've tried it and it's far better than the Z30 or Leap battery life wise and performance!

My BlackBerry Passport is lying mostly unused since I bought the Z10 almost a week ago. I put my main SIM in Passport for work related emails, networking, translating and document editing (hardly ever use my laptop anymore, save for assignments with heavy image editing). I use the Z10 to read ebooks with Moon Reader pro (android app), FastTube, occasional Facebooking and peeking emails on the hub. Since I bought the charger bundle I've been extremely enjoying my downtime this week reading ebooks and multimedia without ever worrying about battery like, at all. The form factor is just perfect for the occasion. Whereever, whenever. ‎

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    07-31-15 04:52 AM
    The Z30 and Q10 use earlier generations of AMOLED which has issues with brightness and color reproduction. I also found the pixels to be very noticeable even if the PPI is high. Just downsides to that generation of AMOLED screens I suppose.

Also they suffer from burn-in (or burn-out) where individual pixels can die if used too much. If you plan on using your phone for more than a year or two this is going to be a problem.
    Although I agree with most of your assessment from previous posts. The amoled screen on the Z30 has fantastic color representation and the low PPI is hardly noticeable unless pitted up against some other devices running amoled with higher resolutions.

IMHO, the only issue (if you can call it that) with the Z30 screen is brightness. I've always stated that the Leap is a good device that just launched at an inopportune time. You can get a slightly better spec'd device in the Z30 at a cheaper price point then the Leap, OS version shipped isn't an issue either as all BB10 phones are running 10.3.2 now.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-03-15 09:07 AM
    Thalester always saying incorrect stuff I advise no one to listen to him look at all his response

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:06 AM
    Every post he thinks the leap it was better in every way then the z30

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:06 AM
    Thalester always saying incorrect stuff I advise no one to listen to him look at all his response

Posted via CB10
    Real mature.

Credit to Carmels for actually contesting something I brought up instead of having a temper tantrum.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    lift likes this.
    08-04-15 12:52 AM
    Real mature.

Credit to Carmels for actually contesting something I brought up instead of having a temper tantrum.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    Dude everyone one sees ur smart comments and ur incorrect information if ur gonna do that then dont say nothing at all

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:16 AM
    Any complaint about slow in make a call, receive incoming calls and check balanse using Leap so far?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 10:54 AM
    From the little research that I have done before purchasing my new Blackberry Leap, I am under the same impression regarding the Z30 and Leap. I bought the Leap anyway. I love it. I do have some concerns though. No Call Blocking. I can't find that feature anywhere despite all the instructions online (they don't work on my Leap....???). Also my phone was running slow so I turned my phone OFF then ON only to finde all my Icons and sceens had been expanded. I keep having to 'pinch' the screen to bring my display to the correct view. Strange; If you or anyone else reading this has any ideas, please share.
    Thanks.
    HK
    08-06-15 07:05 PM
    Becuz z30 is way faster good for browser games everything im glad I brought the z30 very happy and people stare at my phone loving it

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:53 PM
    From the little research that I have done before purchasing my new Blackberry Leap, I am under the same impression regarding the Z30 and Leap. I bought the Leap anyway. I love it. I do have some concerns though. No Call Blocking. I can't find that feature anywhere despite all the instructions online (they don't work on my Leap....???). Also my phone was running slow so I turned my phone OFF then ON only to finde all my Icons and sceens had been expanded. I keep having to 'pinch' the screen to bring my display to the correct view. Strange; If you or anyone else reading this has any ideas, please share.
    Thanks.
    HK
    Sounds like the OS got corrupted or something. I would back-up what you need and use an autoloader to install the latest OS version 10.3.2.2339. An autoloader will wipe the phone clean and install fresh which should fix your issues. Again, if you have important stuff on the phone, back-up first.
    08-09-15 09:49 AM
50 12