On Shop BlackBerry...

The Z10 and Q10 are no longer available.

Specs on the Classic and the Leap are similar, if not identical to the previous devices.

Perhaps this is an indication that BlackBerry has repurposed the internals of the older devices?

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:31 PM
    Likely scenario. Business model borrowed from auto manufacturers

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:54 PM
    You mean like iPhone 5c?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:52 PM
    I think you're right,new skin same old 6 cylinder motor,lol
    03-10-15 04:59 PM
    If you're able to sell a design on a 2 year old CPC, it means it's a strong design.

Let try to sell a full touch Android today on a s4 pro...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:20 PM
    Z10 hasn't been available for a while. I guess the Q10 is now replaced by classic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 03-10-15 at 05:46 PM.
    03-10-15 05:23 PM
    It stands to reason at least. Though I can't agree with the iPhone 5C comment, as it was released at the same time as the 5S. If the 5C came out later, I'd be on board with that reasoning.

I'm sure it isn't the first time any hardware manufacturer has done it.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:40 PM
    It stands to reason at least. Though I can't agree with the iPhone 5C comment, as it was released at the same time as the 5S. If the 5C came out later, I'd be on board with that reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 5c was basically a 5 in a new body.
    tvst28 likes this.
    03-10-15 05:46 PM
    iPhone 5C was a rereleased iPhone 5 with a plastic body

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:39 PM
    True the i phone 5c was not that different to the 5. The front facing camera is better on the 5c.
    03-10-15 11:41 PM
    If anyone wants an unlocked BlackBerry Z30, both Staples and the Shopping Channel in Canada are selling them for $349

Posted via CB10
    nick13b and thymaster like this.
    03-10-15 11:46 PM
    If anyone wants an unlocked BlackBerry Z30, both Staples and the Shopping Channel in Canada are selling them for $349

Posted via CB10
    ShopBlackberry pricing is better and you can get coupon codes here at CB in the forums

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-10-15 11:53 PM
    ShopBlackberry pricing is better and you can get coupon codes here at CB in the forums

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Ok well thanks for that comment, however I just checked on Shopblackberry and the Z30 is $399 USD (granted that's before coupons) plus you will have to wait for it to be shipped to you. Some people have pointed out they also had to pay duty on their BlackBerry devices if shipped to Canada from the States.

My only reason for posting was that it's a pretty nice price at $349 Canadian (and you know how much our dollar is worth) for an unlocked Z30 plus in the case of buying it from Staples, there is no waiting, you can go tomorrow and pick it up. Just a nice easy convenience. That's all I was pointing out for anyone in Canada who has access to Staples. Alternatively you can get it on 4 easy payments from Shopping Channel (although there'd be shipping from TSC)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:42 AM
    I sure would like a coupon code or for shopbb to lower the price of the Z30 back to 225.00 USD.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    03-11-15 12:46 PM
    You can still buy Z10, Q10, torch slider, black passport and a few others from Staples. They have free shipping and I believe you can earn air miles too. Some are refurbished but they specify that in the description..

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think he meant that the 5c has identical specs to the 4s in like every way.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    03-12-15 06:46 PM
    As think they are just pushing out the next generation BlackBerry phones. The new phones will replace the z10 and the q10.

These phones will represent John Chen's take over of BlackBerry.

I guess you could say BlackBerry rebranding themselves, just as they changed from 'RIM' to 'BlackBerry '. The only difference is they are changing their business strategy instead of just changing their name.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:58 PM
    On Shop BlackBerry...

The Z10 and Q10 are no longer available.

Specs on the Classic and the Leap are similar, if not identical to the previous devices.

Perhaps this is an indication that BlackBerry has repurposed the internals of the older devices?

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    Sick of reading that the Classic is the "upgrade" to the Q10. The Classic is no way an upgrade or replacement to the Q10. Passport - maybe, because it doesn't have the damn tool belt. But the Classic? Not even close. The Q10 is it's own, and if it's no longer available on Shop BlackBerry it's not that it has been replaced by a BlackBerry with a toolbelt. It might be because there are plenty of them available elsewhere (Amazon, etc).
    03-12-15 06:59 PM
    Sick of reading that the Classic is the "upgrade" to the Q10. The Classic is no way an upgrade or replacement to the Q10. Passport - maybe, because it doesn't have the damn tool belt. But the Classic? Not even close. The Q10 is it's own, and if it's no longer available on Shop BlackBerry it's not that it has been replaced by a BlackBerry with a toolbelt. It might be because there are plenty of them available elsewhere (Amazon, etc).
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with you, the z10 and q10 were failed devices, in my opinion, in terms of sales and marketing. I think BlackBerry is trying to beat the stigma that BlackBerry's are dead with bringing new devices, and actually trying to market them to the public.

In addition, I think that the BlackBerry is just trying to phase out these older devices with new ones, and your right the q10 does not have a true successor.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:05 PM
    You can still buy Z10, Q10, torch slider, black passport and a few others from Staples. They have free shipping and I believe you can earn air miles too. Some are refurbished but they specify that in the description..

Posted via CB10
    FYI:
    Z10's at Staples.ca has been out of stock for some time.

Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-Playbook
    03-12-15 07:06 PM

In addition, I think that the BlackBerry is just trying to phase out these older devices with new ones, and your right the q10 does not have a true successor.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I feel both the Leap and the Classic use at least some of the components from the Z10 and Q10, but a fresh look is a beneficial addition to the brand regardless of our opinions. It's not like they're bad devices all around, just not the ones we expected. Each one of the new releases have their place in Chen's strategy and will make their impact when it counts.

There will be people who disagree with me, but you're allowed to do so. Just be logical with your why or why not.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 09:06 PM
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with you, the z10 and q10 were failed devices, in my opinion, in terms of sales and marketing. I think BlackBerry is trying to beat the stigma that BlackBerry's are dead with bringing new devices, and actually trying to market them to the public.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is the Q10's "successor" because it uses BlackBerry 10 like the Q10 does, as it was designed to be used: without the tool belt. This does not mean the Q10 has failed in any way. No BlackBerry device has "failed." There are people out there still using the Curve. I think BlackBerry disagrees with you. If BlackBerry were abandoning the Q10, I wouldn't still be getting emails that reference the Q10 like the one I received this week from BlackBerry. Obviously BlackBerry doesn't see the need to sell me on a device when it's still sending me emails referencing a device I bought almost a year ago:

Noticed something...-bbq10type-n-go.jpg
    03-13-15 07:16 PM