I'm a q10 user who's struggling to get rid of this little beast, but there's never something wrong with a bit of an upgrade. I love the physical keyboard but I know that one day there will be no more phones with physical keyboards so I kinda gotta get ready for that day and my q10 could get kinda slow. I love the sound quality on the q10. I know the z30 has amazing sound quality, but I'm also considering the leap because of the price. But is the sound any good in the leap? Which one has better battery and which one is faster?
    I know this is long xD

Cheers!

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    01-30-16 08:14 PM
    I don't think you can buy a new Z30 anymore, so even though almost all of its specs are better than the Leap's, the Leap may be your only practical choice of the two.

That said, I have both a Classic (Q10 with a toolbelt) and a Leap. Over time I've come to prefer the Leap. The Classic's keyboard and sound are better, but the Leap's bigger screen makes up for that. I find the Leap's sound and speed to be good enough for my purposes.

It's hard to beat the Leap's price, too. I paid $179 for it a few months ago with a discount count.

Hope this helps.
    01-30-16 08:47 PM
    I also get a full day out of the Leap's battery, as long as I'm not letting Android apps run in the background or playing graphic intensive games. I don't need the battery to last any longer than that because I can always charge it overnight.
    01-30-16 08:51 PM
    I don't think you can buy a new Z30 anymore, so even though almost all of its specs are better than the Leap's, the Leap may be your only practical choice of the two.

That said, I have both a Classic (Q10 with a toolbelt) and a Leap. Over time I've come to prefer the Leap. The Classic's keyboard and sound are better, but the Leap's bigger screen makes up for that. I find the Leap's sound and speed to be good enough for my purposes.

It's hard to beat the Leap's price, too. I paid $179 for it a few months ago with a discount count.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks just wondering is the leap's volume as loud as the classic? As a musician I sorta need to know this for when demo-ing or finding music to work with

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    01-30-16 09:22 PM
    Hi Dean,

I use to have a q10 too and a Z30. I dropped my 30 on the floor and the screen was damaged. Because I needed a replacement phone fast, I bought a Leap. I have been using it for a month now. When you want to compare the Z30 and the Leap. The Z will win in my humble opinion everything. The Leap is a decent phone. But the sound is nothing compared to the Q, Z or Passport. It's just sound. The battery is fine. It takes me trough the best of 1.5 days with reasonable heavy use. I have a few mail accounts, social media and some YouTube during the day. Wifi and Bluetooth are burning all day because of my internet use and my connected Pebble. For most of my apps this Leap works fine. But writing my answer to you!!!! The Leap lets me waits. Because the Leap isn't able to cope with my writing speed . To be honest this starts too irritate me. So final conclusion. If you able to buy a Z30, go for it. Otherwise the Passport is a really outstanding device with good sound. Although the Z30 is better on that matter if you ask me.

Good luck.
    01-31-16 05:20 AM
    Hi Dean,

I use to have a q10 too and a Z30. I dropped my 30 on the floor and the screen was damaged. Because I needed a replacement phone fast, I bought a Leap. I have been using it for a month now. When you want to compare the Z30 and the Leap. The Z will win in my humble opinion everything. The Leap is a decent phone. But the sound is nothing compared to the Q, Z or Passport. It's just sound. The battery is fine. It takes me trough the best of 1.5 days with reasonable heavy use. I have a few mail accounts, social media and some YouTube during the day. Wifi and Bluetooth are burning all day because of my internet use and my connected Pebble. For most of my apps this Leap works fine. But writing my answer to you!!!! The Leap lets me waits. Because the Leap isn't able to cope with my writing speed . To be honest this starts too irritate me. So final conclusion. If you able to buy a Z30, go for it. Otherwise the Passport is a really outstanding device with good sound. Although the Z30 is better on that matter if you ask me.

Good luck.
    Alrighty thanks

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    01-31-16 08:13 AM
    Z30, more future proof if you ask me; the Leap is basically a downgraded z10 with a bigger battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:18 AM
    Z30 all day. And you can still buy them. Amazon.ca sold by BlackBerry $250 ish.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 04:27 PM
    Z30 is better than Leap (Z20) which is better than Z10. I have used all three for the last six months. Z30 only problem is that it's missing LTE bands for AT&T in many parts or the USA. These bands may be needed elsewhere as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 04:34 PM
    Z30 is better than Leap (Z20) which is better than Z10. I have used all three for the last six months. Z30 only problem is that it's missing LTE bands for AT&T in many parts or the USA. These bands may be needed elsewhere as well.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not in the states and I don't use those bands anyway. So basically the leap is just in the middle? But still good?
    Cheers!

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    01-31-16 05:05 PM
    dean, the Z30 is better in my opinion. I thought the same thing about they keyboard too. Gave the Z30 a try but couldn't type on the damn thing. And missed the keyboard shortcuts. After 4 months of using the Z30, I couldn't take trying to type on glass anymore and purchase a Passport SE. Is the Passport an option?

BlackBerry 10 or nothing!
    01-31-16 06:02 PM
    dean, the Z30 is better in my opinion. I thought the same thing about they keyboard too. Gave the Z30 a try but couldn't type on the damn thing. And missed the keyboard shortcuts. After 4 months of using the Z30, I couldn't take trying to type on glass anymore and purchase a Passport SE. Is the Passport an option?

I wish it would be an option but cash is kinda tight. I usually ain't able to type on a screen, in a way I want to train myself to do so. I'll see what's out there, I'll maybe test out the leap and z30 if I can.
    Thanks

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    01-31-16 07:14 PM
    I'm not in the states and I don't use those bands anyway. So basically the leap is just in the middle? But still good?
    Cheers!

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    Since I have AT&T, I used the Leap and it was awesome compared to Z10. It was every bit comparable to my Z30 for most uses and battery life seemed better than Z30. Not sure why that was..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 07:17 PM
    I wish it would be an option but cash is kinda tight. I usually ain't able to type on a screen, in a way I want to train myself to do so. I'll see what's out there, I'll maybe test out the leap and z30 if I can.
    Thanks

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    Either one are nice devices! I just have big hands and push everything but what I want on all touch devices. I am purchasing a white Leap for my granddaughter. Can't beat the price.

01-31-16 07:26 PM
    Our company uses z10, classic, leap but I managed to get Z30. The first three are the same, z10, just the screen size and the PK is the difference.

Same:
    - screen size, same resolution
    - battery life
    - front + back camera

Pros of the Z30:
    - smaller + rounded edges
    - better cpu (android apps run quicker)
    - much better gpu
    - best speakers (stereo + best location) in the cell phone industry, ever
    - otg usb host
    - paratek
    - dark phone and settings them due to amoled display

Cons:
    - none (for me)

What would you choose? Do you still have any questions?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:30 PM
    Z30. Don't even have second thoughts

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I'm considering the z30, but the only way I could afford one is if I get one used from the classifieds. Will the battery life still be good if it's second hand? If not I might have no choice to choose the leap even though I was considering the z30 first xD
    Cheers!

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    02-02-16 08:22 PM
    Z30 is the best all touch BlackBerry device. I own both and I like the Leap screen, but the Z30 is still better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-16 12:17 AM
    Thanks for your reply! I'm considering the z30, but the only way I could afford one is if I get one used from the classifieds. Will the battery life still be good if it's second hand? If not I might have no choice to choose the leap even though I was considering the z30 first xD
    Cheers!

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    If can't get brand new z30 just take leap imho, I use z30 but last month bought leap for my wife I think leap design more mascullin and no "big different " in daily use (email, social media, etc) compare with z30

Delivered by my Z30
    02-08-16 03:02 AM