Does it have?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:26 AM
    Does it have?

Posted via CB10
    There is no official mention of Gorilla glass from BlackBerry. Gorilla glass is just one brand of tempered glass manufacturers.
    04-19-15 03:17 AM
    Hopefully. Even low to mid-end smartphones already have it.

Posted from a D618
    04-19-15 03:28 AM
    Hopefully. Even low to mid-end smartphones already have it.

Posted from a D618
    Z10 doesn't have it. I am afraid that BlackBerry will tell that they haven't been able to put the gorilla glass due to the price.
    They haven't upgraded anything like other companies for example microsoft have improved their phones so much in terms of hardware and price that BlackBerry is not able to do so.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:40 AM
    Z10 doesn't have it. I am afraid that BlackBerry will tell that they haven't been able to put the gorilla glass due to the price.
    They haven't upgraded anything like other companies for example microsoft have improved their phones so much in terms of hardware and price that BlackBerry is not able to do so.

Posted via CB10
    The z10 was a mistake which you'd think they would learn from.
    04-19-15 03:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Z10 doesn't need it, less z10 screens break than z30 why? Because z10 has a slightly raised bezel that protects the screen, I believe the Leap has this too so if that's your concern I wouldn't worry too much

Check Out TechCraze
    04-19-15 04:03 AM
    Z10 doesn't need it, less z10 screens break than z30 why? Because z10 has a slightly raised bezel that protects the screen, I believe the Leap has this too so if that's your concern I wouldn't worry too much

Check Out TechCraze
    it isn't about the bezel or something that protect the screen but its durability.
    04-19-15 08:06 AM
    it isn't about the bezel or something that protect the screen but its durability.
    Z10's are still (battery life aside) being advertised as great devices.. what kind of durability are we talking about? 10 years?

Check Out TechCraze
    04-19-15 10:48 AM
    Z10's are still (battery life aside) being advertised as great devices.. what kind of durability are we talking about? 10 years?

Check Out TechCraze
    Agree, sort of, the bottom of my Glass near the BlackBerry logo is located is loose, it sort of creaks
    / clicks when touched, which is really annoying (spent its life in a case too)
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 04-19-15 at 11:20 AM.
    04-19-15 10:53 AM
    Agree, sort of, the bottom of my Glass here the BlackBerry logo is located is loose, it sort of creaks
    / clicks when touched, which is really annoying (spent its life in a case too
    Sorry to hear that, but is it common or just a faulty device? And whilst it's spent it's life in a case, bumps and bruises may still have caused structural weakening

Check Out TechCraze
    04-19-15 10:57 AM
    My girlfriend has broken 3 iphone screens. When I upgraded my z10 to a z30, and she cracked her third one, a 5, I gave her the z10. She's been doing whatever she does with that phone for about a year now, and it still looks like the day I gave it to her. I don't care what anyone says, in my experience the z10 and z30 screens are way more durable than iphones.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, 1raygin and sully_p like this.
    04-19-15 10:58 AM
    Sorry to hear that, but is it common or just a faulty device? And whilst it's spent it's life in a case, bumps and bruises may still have caused structural weakening

Check Out TechCraze
    Never actually seen another case of this to be honest, you're probably right on the case causing a bit of weakening.
    04-19-15 11:21 AM

Check Out TechCraze
    I was referring to screen's durability, not mention to lacking apps, lagging in multitasking, bugs, or even battery life. And you said they still advertise it?
    04-19-15 07:54 PM

Check Out TechCraze
    I was referring to screen's durability, not mention to lacking apps, lagging in multitasking, bugs, or even battery life. And you said they still advertise it?
    04-19-15 07:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah,true. Microsoft really stepped up their hardware.

Can�t wait for the 840/940 Windows 10 flagship.

25MP Carl ZEISS Pureview OIS Camera and 10 Core CPU, the lovely 2.5d Display can stay same but maybe Gorilla Glass 4 instead only standard Gorilla Glass 3
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-19-15 08:50 PM
    Seems your girlfriend is not using her blackberry wholeheartedly as she uses her iPhone.
    05-30-15 09:51 AM
    People get too caught up with Gorilla brand name. BlackBerry, like everyone else, uses hardened durable glass on their phones. I never had a crack or scratch on my Z10 or Z30 - and I work in construction and don't even use a case (I do use a screen protector). Meanwhile, most of the cracked screens I see seem to be people with iPhones. I don't know if Apple uses "Gorilla Glass", or their own variety of hardened glass.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and sully_p like this.
    05-30-15 10:37 AM
    People get too caught up with Gorilla brand name. BlackBerry, like everyone else, uses hardened durable glass on their phones. I never had a crack or scratch on my Z10 or Z30 - and I work in construction and don't even use a case (I do use a screen protector). Meanwhile, most of the cracked screens I see seem to be people with iPhones. I don't know if Apple uses "Gorilla Glass", or their own variety of hardened glass.

Posted via CB10
    ^this---gorilla 3 to 4--Diamond this Diamond that--most of this is just marketing Hype. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    1raygin and sully_p like this.
    05-30-15 10:55 AM
    ^this---gorilla 3 to 4--Diamond this Diamond that--most of this is just marketing Hype. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    It might just a brand name but it is popular for a reason. Both my z10 and nokia n8 with gorilla 2 have screen protector removed on same time. Guess what. In just almost a couple month, my z10 even with extra care have a few scratch visible from certain angle obviously from the swipe up while my nokia n8 after 6 month still pristine even when use with dried industrial glue on my finger and sometimes some dust and dirt. Have to reapply screen protector for z10 and nokia n8 still going strong with no protection.

It might not that impact proof but definitely scratch resistant than z10 so called "hardened glass.
    05-30-15 11:22 AM
    It might just a brand name but it is popular for a reason. Both my z10 and nokia n8 with gorilla 2 have screen protector removed on same time. Guess what. In just almost a couple month, my z10 even with extra care have a few scratch visible from certain angle obviously from the swipe up while my nokia n8 after 6 month still pristine even when use with dried industrial glue on my finger and sometimes some dust and dirt. Have to reapply screen protector for z10 and nokia n8 still going strong with no protection.

It might not that impact proof but definitely scratch resistant than z10 so called "hardened glass.
    That's bullsht. The passport has gorilla glass 3 and after a month I noticed the micro scratches. Obviously the z10 gets a lot more swiping done than the Nokia, which explains why BlackBerry devices may get more microscratches.
    Your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. not to mention the thousands and thousands of galaxy S3 and 4 screens which crack with the slightest drop on a hard surface.

Gorilla glass is just a name and it doesn't mean anything
    nick13b and Cavi Mike like this.
    05-30-15 12:20 PM
    And again I'll point you to the design of the bezel which protects the phone.. what about the Z10's screen isn't durable? I've never seen it come up as a popular complaint about the phone.. and your list of other issues, well there are plenty more relevant threads where those can be discussed

Check Out TechCraze
    05-30-15 01:37 PM
    That's bullsht. The passport has gorilla glass 3 and after a month I noticed the micro scratches. Obviously the z10 gets a lot more swiping done than the Nokia, which explains why BlackBerry devices may get more microscratches.
    Your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. not to mention the thousands and thousands of galaxy S3 and 4 screens which crack with the slightest drop on a hard surface.

Gorilla glass is just a name and it doesn't mean anything
    So only bb10 unlocking device can only count as swipe but my nokia by constantly swipe left and right to switch home screen doesn't count as swipe. Swipe down and up to browse doesn't count as swipe. Bb10 is not the only Os that can "SWIPE". Well I clearly can only now blame my own stupidity for trusting the hardened glass claim.

I can't say anything about crack durability as so far I never crack any of my device before. Used to think gorilla is a just a name but now not anymore after experienced it myself.
    Sam_93 likes this.
    05-30-15 08:26 PM
    Leap does have gorilla glass. The Z10 and Z30 were released two years ago, stop crying everyone.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    06-01-15 05:11 PM
    :'( I can't :'(

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-15 05:16 PM
    The z10 was a mistake which you'd think they would learn from.
    I disagree Man. I have 2 teenage boys who've had Z10's since launch. Never broken a one. Since 2013 I've had to replace the phones twice due to being stolen, but never for anything broken. And they've taken a teenage boy beating in NYC on skateboards, subway, bikes, beaches, general screwing around with them etc. I'm sold on the toughness of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:32 AM
39 12